Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: OAKS WINTER SHOW FEB 7, 8, 9, 2020

Showed up around 1330 and got not too bad a parking spot, no line to get in and not too busy that I couldn't peruse the inventory. A lot of prices were high but persistence paid off and more reasonable prices were had farther down the aisles. Maybe even too reasonable as I overspent my budget by a long shot. Fortunately I had my banker with me so I didn't have to leave and come back. I found a mag for my French Unique, which are hard to find. Some guys think their 80% lowers are worth big bucks but in the back corner, at the end of the show there are two vendors with plenty of Andersons at $45 for anyone who needs any. Scotsguards managed to mug me this time around. His pickpocketry notwithstanding he is great guy and has good quality stuff. Oh, and it's time for the gubment to dump another load of ammo cans as the price on them is up notably since the last show.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Showed up around 1330 and got not too bad a parking spot, no line to get in and not too busy that I couldn't peruse the inventory. A lot of prices were high but persistence paid off and more reasonable prices were had farther down the aisles. Maybe even too reasonable as I overspent my budget by a long shot. Fortunately I had my banker with me so I didn't have to leave and come back. I found a mag for my French Unique, which are hard to find. Some guys think their 80% lowers are worth big bucks but in the back corner, at the end of the show there are two vendors with plenty of Andersons at $45 for anyone who needs any. Scotsguards managed to mug me this time around. His pickpocketry notwithstanding he is great guy and has good quality stuff. Oh, and it's time for the gubment to dump another load of ammo cans as the price on them is up notably since the last show.
    I can't believe I missed you there (was there from 1:00 - 3:30)) but still got to talk w/Scotsguards. Who had a nice price of $1,199 on a Sig P210 target pistol which was several hundred under the suggested retail. Sadly, I didn't need two of them. But I did see he was selling the first semi-auto I ever purchased - a Model 59 S&W in brand-spanking new condition with original box. I still have the first one....

The haul of the day (literally) was four large ammo cans that used to hold 1,500 7.62 cartridges and three of the slightly wider ones that used to hold two 15 round belts of 30mm x 173 linked ammo. Gonna help me get organized. Glad I brought my collapsable hand truck. Still took two trips to the parking lot...

There was a table in the left room about two - three rows from the food court that was selling stuff from a gun shop that closed. Said they just wanted to get rid of this stuff since it didn't map to their business. Primers I've seen elsewhere going for $35/box were priced at $20/box - brand spanking new. Haven't seen those prices for about 15 years. Picked up a few of those. Also had a good price on a Thompson .45 - $18K. Which I did not get...

Also some snap caps for Freedom Arms .454 Cassul.

That about shot my day, but sorry we missed...
    - bamboomaster

(York County)

I got there late as I had to get the kids to school, then a 2 hour drive to the show, and an accident that took 30 minutes to get around. We got there and unloaded and set up in 45 minutes which is a record for me. sold TONS of stuff tonight and even though there weren't many folks at the show I was super busy. sold some high end C&R stuff, mags, tons of bayonets, and other stuff too. I think tomorrow will be super busy so im bringing in another table helper. if anyone is at the show, I'll be the guy with the barrett 50, and D&H .308 target rifle on my tables. lots, or AR stuff as well....trying to stock more of that kind of thing.

(Delaware County)

Are you in the right hall or the left hall (snack bar) as you come in the door?

Bob D

(Lehigh County)

Now I wish I would have gone today. The early reports of show didn’t sound too encouraging..
    Maybe will go tomorrow or Sunday.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Got there about 3pm. Walked both halls in about an hour. Bought a couple Glock 42 magazines and 2 pints of pickles. Surprised I didn’t see you. The crowd was light. I didn’t really need anything, but I am always afraid I am going to miss something. I could have passed on this one. Supposedly they are back in March.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Are you in the right hall or the left hall (snack bar) as you come in the door?

Bob D
    right hall. if you combine both halls, im right about smack dab in the middle of the show

Anybody happen to see anybody selling Makarovs?

(Berks County)

I considered a couple of ammo cans but their prices are up so I passed. I could have walked past both of you guys and not seen yas, I have tunnel vision at those shows and my situational awareness is pretty bad.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

South Western Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

My friend and I attended Friday between 1330 and 1830. Know market prices before you buy. Prices on firearms appeared a bit in excess of various internet deals. Ammo prices comparable to online pricing. Common handgun brands abound as usual. Militaria overpriced. Found CZ kydex mag pouch for about 50% less than online pricing - bought 2.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast