Fri Feb 7th. 1PM to 7PM

Sat Feb 8th. 9AM to 6PM

Sun Feb 9th. 9AM to 4PM

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: OAKS WINTER SHOW FEB 7, 8, 9, 2020

Ill be buying at this show!

(Erie County)

Always good for cheesy bologna and pickles!

(Delaware County)

I always love the 3-day Oaks shows. 3 days of walking exercise instead of dodging dog poop on the trail, Holsingers elk bologna, parts for some of my projects, milling with a crowd that doesn't have the blood drain from their faces and faint when they see anything from a musket to an AR-whatever, and maybe, just maybe a Colt Pony Pocket Lite.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Might have to go and buy meself a birthday present!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

I'll be there saturday, been doing a lot of shooting lately and need to replenish the precious metal reserves.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    All of that advice is closing the barn door AFTER the horses got out

If a guy was smart …. there'd be no wife in the first place...…………………
    Mine came with health insurance.

(Montgomery County)

I have no problem with the “please ask to handle” signs. I used to have some classic show cars and as much as I liked bringing them to shows I was in constant fear that careless show goers would touch, scratch, ding, etc. my car. I have seen careless parents (I have small kids myself) pushing strollers, parking/leaning them up against cars, bumpers, letting them accidentally roll into a car while not paying attention. My favorite was the guy who let his little kid bang and drag a golf ball all over a beautiful hot rod model T that probably had a $5-10k paint job. And then there were the kids whose frisbee landed on my engine air cleaner.

The thing I hate about the firearm cases though is the glare of the lights, how some are so scratched up you can’t see what’s inside, or when the price tags are flipped over or hidden under the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Mine came with health insurance.
    So what I am hearing is ….. you'll live longer while married?
    Is that your idea of a win?
    Got to admire the fellow who looks at the glass as half full.

Before I come across as a sexist pig ….. I'd give the same advice to a woman about marriage.
    Because lets be honest ….. guys are hardly some special great to have prize either.

But I understand the signs about no touche' and I'm not a vendor.
    People suck ….. some vendors …. some customers.
    And the vendor does not know the difference between "Bang" who is an upstanding firearm owner and handler who with deep pockets will buy all that he touches and if he does not buy will often drop a c-note in the barrel as a tip and leaves a firearm in better shape than he finds it
    and "...bubba joe".....now bubba joe isn't like Bang , bubba joe is the booger picking ham fisted knuckle draggin 3rd cousin we all have who has to lick and touch and tell you all he knows or thinks he knows about guns..... and bubba joe have no money …… cept for that dollar he found in the aisle at wallmart which he is saving for gun show coffee ……. and he will get the coffee for free anyhow by telling the staff it was the bottom of the pot.
    And of course you have all kinds of folks in between …….. and the vendor don't know one from another so they protect their stuff by the most common denominator.

You wanna see an awesome display of bubba joe ,,,,,, go to Grices during their anniversary sale …. and hang out near the handguns.
    I'm Pro 2nd A and a gun guy as much as anyone here ….. and even I sometimes hate you gun touching , drooling , mind numbing , stupid looking , mouth breathing , sunsabitches
    Last edited by Boondox; February 2nd, 2020 at 10:37 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    So what I am hearing is ….. you'll live longer while married?
    Is that your idea of a win?
    Got to admire the fellow who looks at the glass as half full.

Before I come across as a sexist pig ….. I'd give the same advice to a woman about marriage.
    Because lets be honest ….. guys are hardly some special great to have prize either.

But I understand the signs about no touche' and I'm not a vendor.
    People suck ….. some vendors …. some customers.
    And the vendor does not know the difference between "Bang" who is an upstanding firearm owner and handler who with deep pockets will buy all that he touches and if he does not buy will often drop a c-note in the barrel as a tip and leaves a firearm in better shape than he finds it
    and "...bubba joe".....now bubba joe isn't like Bang , bubba joe is the booger picking ham fisted knuckle draggin 3rd cousin we all have who has to lick and touch and tell you all he knows or thinks he knows about guns..... and bubba joe have no money …… cept for that dollar he found in the aisle at wallmart which he is saving for gun show coffee ……. and he will get the coffee for free anyhow by telling the staff it was the bottom of the pot.
    And of course you have all kinds of folks in between …….. and the vendor don't know one from another so they protect their stuff by the most common denominator.

You wanna see an awesome display of bubba joe ,,,,,, go to Grices during their anniversary sale …. and hang out near the handguns.
    I'm Pro 2nd A and a gun guy as much as anyone here ….. and even I sometimes hate you gun touching , drooling , mind numbing , stupid looking , mouth breathing , sunsabitches
    this is the funniest thing I have read all day! quite an accurate description of the gun show crowd. I have seen them all...the guys who think they know more than you about the items you sell and they feel the need to tell you about it. the guys who are very respectful and are well spoken and well mannered. the guys who are just passionate about firearms in general. and of course the bubba Joe's of the world. its all fun though at the end of the day. the only thing that bothers me are the guys who price check every damn thing they see on a table and then ask to get $2 off because they can get it on the internet for that price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast