Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4473 Question

Hybrid View

(Westmoreland County)

Default 4473 Question

I have a question related to the PICS and NICS.

When you fill out the 4473, how important it the County of residence question? I've purchased 3 firearms recently. One I had put down Westmoreland county because I thought that's where I lived...BUT then I went a couple months later and bought another, and when I put my address in, it AUTOMATICALLY set the County as Fayette on the computer 4473 form. So I left it as Fayette assuming that the computer program was right and I was wrong the first time. Since then any firearms I bought I have used Fayette County.

Also, I recently looked through all my record of sales for the guns I bought, and one doesnt even have a county printed on the form? (That's the one the computer automatically set it to fayette)

I guess I'm basically asking what I should do? I dont want to be made a criminal and get a visit from the alphabet bois for living nearly right smack-dab on the border of two counties and going with the county the computer told me while filling out the form.

Thanks!

(Indiana County)

Default Re: 4473 Question

Quote Originally Posted by mammrm View Post
    .... I had put down Westmoreland county because I thought that's where I lived... BUT then I went a couple months later and bought another, and when I put my address in, it AUTOMATICALLY set the County as Fayette on the computer 4473 form.
    So you don't know where you live? Where do your local taxes go? What school district are you in? How does one not know what county they live in?

(Elk County)

This link takes you to southern Westmoreland Co. on Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/We...4b173eaa8a0232

Enlarge it, or otherwise manipulate it to find where your home is on the map, being mindful that the red line is the county line. Your location says Mt. Pleasant, the entirety of which lies within Westmoreland. But you may live outside the Mt. Pleasant borough limits but your mailing address is still Mt. Pleasant.

HTH,

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Enlarge it, or otherwise manipulate it to find where your home is on the map, being mindful that the red line is the county line. Your location says Mt. Pleasant, the entirety of which lies within Westmoreland. But you may live outside the Mt. Pleasant borough limits but your mailing address is still Mt. Pleasant.

HTH,

Noah
    Mt Pleasant twp is mostly Westmoreland county but part of it is in Fayette county.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    So you don't know where you live? Where do your local taxes go? What school district are you in? How does one not know what county they live in?
    my first thought as well.

Even as a new resident, renting a place to live, I know what county I live in.

(Westmoreland County)

The system created for the form autofills my county, and last time I checked my pay stubs, it doesn't tell me exactly which county my stolen money goes to.

You'd think for trying to do something right people would be a little less condescending, but hey, that's the internet I guess.

(Philadelphia County)

The system created for the form autofills my county, and last time I checked my pay stubs, it doesn't tell me exactly which county my stolen money goes to.

You'd think for trying to do something right people would be a little less condescending, but hey, that's the internet I guess.
    You are not serious right ?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

HTH,

Noah
    I guess my question is more of, I passed the background checks with both counties and apparently nothing on the one? So..what do I do from there? Because if there was a problem or they needed to further review them I wouldve been delayed or denied?

(Elk County)

You were issued an approval number for those firearm purchases/transfers. As of now, any paperwork issue is on the FFL or PICS. Fuggedaboudit. At worst, the transfering FFL may call or mail you for a clarification following a BATFE compliance audit of his records, but I doubt it.

My earlier post is more concerned about your future transfers. Find out where you truly live so that future 4473s and SP4-113s have the correct entry for "county."

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

I guess my question is more of, I passed the background checks with both counties and apparently nothing on the one? So..what do I do from there? Because if there was a problem or they needed to further review them I wouldve been delayed or denied?
    Just tell them you made a mistake on the form because you didn’t know what county you live in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast