Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

I was under the impression that the Federal Government was to have very little say in the day to day lives of Americans with the exception being when States infringed upon the Bill of Rights which the Federal Government was to protect. I think I'm in Bizarro world
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

For years we have argued the Fed should have no say in State decisions, firearms being one of them. Now that a state does the unthinkable we want the Fed to step in. I'm a Trump supporter but he has made a habit of commenting on issues that aren't at his level. Sometimes the President needs to practice some tactical patience. Timing can be everything.

Virginia was one of the last states that I expected to do this and I am very disappointed. It has certainly taken Virginia off my short list of states I was considering for retirement.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    For years we have argued the Fed should have no say in State decisions, firearms being one of them. Now that a state does the unthinkable we want the Fed to step in. I'm a Trump supporter but he has made a habit of commenting on issues that aren't at his level. Sometimes the President needs to practice some tactical patience. Timing can be everything.

Virginia was one of the last states that I expected to do this and I am very disappointed. It has certainly taken Virginia off my short list of states I was considering for retirement.
    I disagree that "firearms" is a state issue.

As per ExFlyinguy's prior post; "firearms" are a Federal, Bill of Rights issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I was under the impression that the Federal Government was to have very little say in the day to day lives of Americans with the exception being when States infringed upon the Bill of Rights which the Federal Government was to protect. I think I'm in Bizarro world
    --ET

No government may infringe on the bill of rights.

Think of it this way:

The Constitution at any level enumerates specific powers granted to the government by the people (a.k.a. a white list). Those powers not enumerated are reserved to the states and the people.

The Bill of Rights enumerates certain inalienable rights that NO government may infringe, regardless of ANYTHING else (a.k.a. a black list).

A state is not granted the authority to infringe on a right based on its "reserved powers". Reserved powers include only those not specified in white or black lists.

The 14th Amendment formally and specifically incorporates the protections guaranteed by the Bill of Rights at the Federal level to all states and lesser government bodies. No Federal, state, or local government may infringe those rights and all government exists to protect them. When government fails to protect them, it is no longer performing its function and it is the duty of American citizens to alter or abolish that government so that rights are protected.
    Last edited by buckengr; January 19th, 2020 at 04:46 PM.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    I disagree that "firearms" is a state issue.

As per ExFlyinguy's prior post; "firearms" are a Federal, Bill of Rights issue.
    Thanks ett!

Yeah I'm kind of implying that the Feds should do what they did with segregation in Alabama. I think my history is correct?

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    I inartfully attempted to marry two points together.

The president is not bought on the 2A issue; he is simply an anti-2A martial-statist.

All wars are bankers' wars. DJT was nearly bankrupt and was bailed out by the bankers. Now, he owes the bankers their perpetual wars, and he is making good on it for them.
    No. Wrong.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Bucks County)

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    55m
    The Democrat Party in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia are working hard to take away your 2nd Amendment rights. This is just the beginning. Don’t let it happen, VOTE REPUBLICAN in 2020!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...84434635100162
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    55m
    The Democrat Party in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia are working hard to take away your 2nd Amendment rights. This is just the beginning. Don’t let it happen, VOTE REPUBLICAN in 2020!

Again, to reiterate, the president is using the issue as a political football. In his tweet, he is saying that 2A rights (really inalienable, inherent rights recognized, enshrined and protected by the 2A) may be taken away by a political majority (democracy, mob rule) unless one votes in the "good" mob.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    Again, to reiterate, the president is using the issue as a political football. In his tweet, he is saying that 2A rights (really inalienable, inherent rights recognized, enshrined and protected by the 2A) may be taken away by a political majority (democracy, mob rule) unless one votes in the "good" mob.
    Trump is doing exactly what he is supposed to do as a politician in the political sphere, he is making it clear that elections have consequences.
    He is reminding Conservatives that Virginia was politically pro 2A under Republicans, and now Virginia is politically anti 2A under Liberal Democrats.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    55m

That damn anti-Trump Asian doctor gets first comments again.

There's something fishy about him always getting the first comments.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567