Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 61 to 68 of 68
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    3,012
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    I inartfully attempted to marry two points together.

    The president is not bought on the 2A issue; he is simply an anti-2A martial-statist.

    All wars are bankers' wars. DJT was nearly bankrupt and was bailed out by the bankers. Now, he owes the bankers their perpetual wars, and he is making good on it for them.
    Going to respectfully disagree with this post also.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Wyoming County)
    Posts
    1,859
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    I was under the impression that the Federal Government was to have very little say in the day to day lives of Americans with the exception being when States infringed upon the Bill of Rights which the Federal Government was to protect. I think I'm in Bizarro world
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    For years we have argued the Fed should have no say in State decisions, firearms being one of them. Now that a state does the unthinkable we want the Fed to step in. I'm a Trump supporter but he has made a habit of commenting on issues that aren't at his level. Sometimes the President needs to practice some tactical patience. Timing can be everything.

    Virginia was one of the last states that I expected to do this and I am very disappointed. It has certainly taken Virginia off my short list of states I was considering for retirement.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    For years we have argued the Fed should have no say in State decisions, firearms being one of them. Now that a state does the unthinkable we want the Fed to step in. I'm a Trump supporter but he has made a habit of commenting on issues that aren't at his level. Sometimes the President needs to practice some tactical patience. Timing can be everything.

    Virginia was one of the last states that I expected to do this and I am very disappointed. It has certainly taken Virginia off my short list of states I was considering for retirement.
    I disagree that "firearms" is a state issue.

    As per ExFlyinguy's prior post; "firearms" are a Federal, Bill of Rights issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I was under the impression that the Federal Government was to have very little say in the day to day lives of Americans with the exception being when States infringed upon the Bill of Rights which the Federal Government was to protect. I think I'm in Bizarro world
    --ET

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    somewhere, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    10915250

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    No government may infringe on the bill of rights.

    Think of it this way:

    The Constitution at any level enumerates specific powers granted to the government by the people (a.k.a. a white list). Those powers not enumerated are reserved to the states and the people.

    The Bill of Rights enumerates certain inalienable rights that NO government may infringe, regardless of ANYTHING else (a.k.a. a black list).

    A state is not granted the authority to infringe on a right based on its "reserved powers". Reserved powers include only those not specified in white or black lists.

    The 14th Amendment formally and specifically incorporates the protections guaranteed by the Bill of Rights at the Federal level to all states and lesser government bodies. No Federal, state, or local government may infringe those rights and all government exists to protect them. When government fails to protect them, it is no longer performing its function and it is the duty of American citizens to alter or abolish that government so that rights are protected.
    Last edited by buckengr; January 19th, 2020 at 04:46 PM.
    I am not a lawyer.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Wyoming County)
    Posts
    1,859
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    I disagree that "firearms" is a state issue.

    As per ExFlyinguy's prior post; "firearms" are a Federal, Bill of Rights issue.
    Thanks ett!

    Yeah I'm kind of implying that the Feds should do what they did with segregation in Alabama. I think my history is correct?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DeepInTheWoods, Pennsylvania
    (Warren County)
    Posts
    2,088
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    I inartfully attempted to marry two points together.

    The president is not bought on the 2A issue; he is simply an anti-2A martial-statist.

    All wars are bankers' wars. DJT was nearly bankrupt and was bailed out by the bankers. Now, he owes the bankers their perpetual wars, and he is making good on it for them.
    No. Wrong.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Yardley, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,152
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

    55m
    The Democrat Party in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia are working hard to take away your 2nd Amendment rights. This is just the beginning. Don’t let it happen, VOTE REPUBLICAN in 2020!

    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...84434635100162
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2019, 10:26 AM
  2. Replies: 63
    Last Post: April 25th, 2010, 06:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops