Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,111
    Rep Power
    21474859

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    The bumpstock ban was a given. Seriously, just think about it if he didn't "ban" them, all holy hell would have come down on him.
    He had no choice, the whole world was spoon fed the BS story of one guy with a 200.00 dollar piece of plastic killed all of those people.
    He had to do it.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26,577
    Rep Power
    21474876

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    No he didn't.
    And he especially didn't have to do it by virtually banning them all on his own, as though he decides what is and is not legal.

    Fuck him on that one.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    I suspect what you're demanding is a perfect 2A President then not simply a good one. That's fine if you're an absolutist, in which case I agree our rights should not be compromised on, but there are different levels of good, just as there are different levels of evil. Trump is not a lesser of two evils on gun rights. He is a good President on gun rights. and he hasn't actually signed off on any red flag laws yet, which is important to remember.
    Yes; Trump IS the lesser of two evils on gun rights.

    Never said Trump signed off on any red flag laws. I said he spoke in favor of them. Do I need to provide the very much documented video(s) of him saying take the guns now and due process later ??
    --ET

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Posts
    293
    Rep Power
    5786261

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Yes; Trump IS the lesser of two evils on gun rights.

    Never said Trump signed off on any red flag laws. I said he spoke in favor of them. Do I need to provide the very much documented video(s) of him saying take the guns now and due process later ??
    Even assuming you are right about Trump ultimately supporting the type of red flag laws favored by Democrats (He won't) the only thing worse than voting for the lesser of two evils(as you see him) is not voting for the lesser of two evils and allowing the far more evil one to win. What are you going to do? Withhold your vote? You think that's the moral choice for our country given the alternative?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    Even assuming you are right about Trump ultimately supporting the type of red flag laws favored by Democrats (He won't) the only thing worse than voting for the lesser of two evils(as you see him) is not voting for the lesser of two evils and allowing the far more evil one to win. What are you going to do? Withhold your vote? You think that's the moral choice for our country given the alternative?
    WOW ! Just WOW !
    That's twice now you have replied to me saying I said something I did not say. Or replied to me claiming you know what I am thinking.
    Please stop doing that. That behavior is what the anti-gun, anti-freedom left does.

    Where did I say ANYTHING about Trump's future actions, whether or not I am against him, or how I intend to vote ?
    I simply stated two facts.
    Fact 1; In the past he has spoken in favor of red flag laws. I made no statement about whether he would or would not support them in the future.
    Fact2; He was responsible for bumpstock bans.
    These two facts; do make him a lesser of two evils and do not make him a "good" president; when concerning our 2A rights.
    However; other than 2A Rights and concerning nearly everything else; he has been the best president in my lifetime.

    Examples:
    Internet search for bumpstock ban:
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=trump+bans...b=v56-1&ia=web

    Internet search for Trump saying take guns now and due process later:
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=trump+take...b=v56-1&ia=web

    Video of him stating taken guns now and due process later:
    --ET

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Posts
    293
    Rep Power
    5786261

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    WOW ! Just WOW !
    That's twice now you have replied to me saying I said something I did not say. Or replied to me claiming you know what I am thinking.
    Please stop doing that. That behavior is what the anti-gun, anti-freedom left does.

    Where did I say ANYTHING about Trump's future actions, whether or not I am against him, or how I intend to vote ?
    I simply stated two facts.
    Fact 1; In the past he has spoken in favor of red flag laws. I made no statement about whether he would or would not support them in the future.
    Fact2; He was responsible for bumpstock bans.
    These two facts; do make him a lesser of two evils and do not make him a "good" president; when concerning our 2A rights.
    However; other than 2A Rights and concerning nearly everything else; he has been the best president in my lifetime.

    Examples:
    Internet search for bumpstock ban:
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=trump+bans...b=v56-1&ia=web

    Internet search for Trump saying take guns now and due process later:
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=trump+take...b=v56-1&ia=web

    Video of him stating taken guns now and due process later:
    How can he be evil for something he hasn't signed into law? He's not going to sign any red flag bill from what I can see nor is McConnell going to introduce one. There are clear indications he and other Republicans have backtracked on red flag since being educated on the subject. Unfortunately he spoke without thinking initially. Wow some evil there. As for bump stocks, is that really the hill you want to die on for condemning him as evil on the 2A?

    So are you going to skip the 2020 elections? He's not only the best President in my lifetime, he's also pretty good on the 2A. He's not perfect. Nobody in that office will ever be better than him on the 2A
    Last edited by TSimonetti; January 14th, 2020 at 05:32 AM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belly of the BEAST, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,216
    Rep Power
    21257001

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    How can he be evil for something he hasn't signed into law? He's not going to sign any red flag bill from what I can see nor is McConnell going to introduce one. There are clear indications he and other Republicans have backtracked on red flag since being educated on the subject. Unfortunately he spoke without thinking initially. Wow some evil there. As for bump stocks, is that really the hill you want to die on for condemning him as evil on the 2A?

    So are you going to skip the 2020 elections? He's not only the best President in my lifetime, he's also pretty good on the 2A. He's not perfect. Nobody in that office will ever be better than him on the 2A
    82150860_10221165913247488_1674656878841298944_n.jpg
    81254952_3450950008312090_1910338484745273344_n.jpg



    True_Neutral.jpg
    And let it all burn.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Posts
    293
    Rep Power
    5786261

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    Because this is America, we don't actually have to vote. In fact not voting is our right as Americans and very uniquely American in some sense. But it's important to note that voting third party or not voting is not the moral choice for the nation if it helps elect a Democrat. The reason is simple. It's because there is a light year of distance that separates Trump and any Democrat nominee w/respect to the 2A and virtually every issue that makes America America. Labeling Trump the lesser of two evils on the 2A may sound to some like a pithy and thought-provoking statement when spouted around the workplace lunch table or at the local club while having a few beers, but it's actually wildly inaccurate, and the worst that can happen after such talk is that there may be quite a few people who value the 2A, who don't bother to think things through,who actually digest the "Derpa Derpa Bump Stocks" hogwash and decide to stay home on election day or vote libertarian. That would be a tragedy.
    Last edited by TSimonetti; January 14th, 2020 at 04:56 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Age
    39
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    2120329

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    They are watching the public’s response to it. Seeing the flow of people when they finally realize after 8 years in a socialistic regime how they awaken and come alive to protect something so dear to their hearts. We are being a anaylized to see how far we can be pushed to the extreme- being taken right to the envelope but NOT over it. Will we protect each other as a society collectively as ONE voice in the Union. Should we be taken over the edge... who knows. I would think that we would know the right thing to do. Some have actually learned from history. Most are living ignorantly bliss <—- socialism is the poison to our Republic. Will we do what we have to... once again to protect our sacred right(s)? Is a tyrant human? Does a tyrant have any rights? You tell me....

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26,577
    Rep Power
    21474876

    Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

    I see we have yet another 2A "supporter" who ridicules anyone for being upset about the president banning plastic range toys.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2019, 10:26 AM
  2. Replies: 63
    Last Post: April 25th, 2010, 06:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops