Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I’ll take a guess. Trump will wait and see what happens in Virginia and then use it for a re-elect point or slogan.
    Probably.

Default Re: What is the best reason why President Trump is silent regarding Virginia gun grab

He doesn't give a shit about gun rights. He tolerates it to keep his voter base.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    He doesn't give a shit about gun rights. He tolerates it to keep his voter base.
    Bingo.

But more like piggy bank.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post

Now is not really the time for such a cynical remark. Trump applied for and received a concealed carry permit and owns handguns so there is definitely at least some hard evidence that he does value our gun rights, well that and his actions to protect them as President, which we simply cannot under emphasize during these divisive times.. We are one President and about 4 Senators away from losing much of our 2A. It's time to realize that Trump has been the best friend to gun owners in well over half a century, arguably even more than Reagan. Is there room for improvement? Certainly. But in terms of safeguarding our 2A he's all we could have hoped for and more..
    Last edited by TSimonetti; January 13th, 2020 at 12:44 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    Now is not really the time for such a cynical remark. Trump applied for and received a concealed carry permit and owns handguns so there is definitely at least some hard evidence that he does value our gun rights, well that and his actions to protect them as President, which we simply cannot under emphasize during these divisive times.. We are one President and about 4 Senators away from losing much of our 2A. It's time to realize that Trump has been the best friend to gun owners in well over half a century, arguably even more than Reagan. Is there room for improvement? Certainly. But in terms of safeguarding our 2A he's all we could have hoped for and more..
    Ill give you that hes better than killary or the other options, but picking the lessor of two evils is still choosing evil over good.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi;4120890[B
    ]Right now it is a state issue, so it is not his place to do too much. [/B]Once the laws are passed, there will almost certainly be court challenges and possibly holds put on any enforcement, even before the need for civil action.

It is not to his advantage to step into the steaming bucket until it has cooled a bit in my mind, if at all. Of course this is Trump so all bets are off.
    Not when it comes to human rights---actual, written Constitutional rights are not to be abused by the States and the Federal government. Refer to, "Mcdonald vs Chicago":

"The U.S. Supreme Court reversed, holding that the Second Amendment applies to the States through the Fourteenth Amendment’s Due Process Clause...."

If a state was passing laws against free speech or performing illegal searches and seizures I'm sure the Federal government would be involved along with other states to put an end to blatant tyranny----why is this not done for the 2A or self defense? I think we all know why.....But I digress. However, I assume, in time, Trump will have no choice but to get involved. Sadly, the M.O. of DC on actual written rights is wait until it goes to SCOTUS which could be years later----if ever.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Ill give you that hes better than killary or the other options, but picking the lessor of two evils is still choosing evil over good.
    What has Trump done to earn a lesser evil tag from you? How would you expect a "good" President to act during his first 3 years in office regarding our current state of gun rights?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    What has Trump done to earn a lesser evil tag from you? How would you expect a "good" President to act during his first 3 years in office regarding our current state of gun rights?
    Not to speak for icp4life162005. But personally I would expect a "good" President to not create any more anti-firearm laws; ie bumpstock bans. Nor speak in favor of laws violating Rights; ie red flag laws.
    --ET

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    But good wasn't one of the options. You had Trump as the lesser evil, Hillary as the greater evil. Any vote other than for Trump was giving support to the greater evil. Staying out until there was a 'good' option is still supporting the greater evil.

I agree we should work to get a good candidate on the ballot. But until then, you have to vote for the candidates that have a chance that will be the better option.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Not to speak for icp4life162005. But personally I would expect a "good" President to not create any more anti-firearm laws; ie bumpstock bans. Nor speak in favor of laws violating Rights; ie red flag laws.
    I suspect what you're demanding is a perfect 2A President then not simply a good one. That's fine if you're an absolutist, in which case I agree our rights should not be compromised on, but there are different levels of good, just as there are different levels of evil. Trump is not a lesser of two evils on gun rights. He is a good President on gun rights. and he hasn't actually signed off on any red flag laws yet, which is important to remember.
    Last edited by TSimonetti; January 13th, 2020 at 06:53 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast