Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Anthony Arms may lose FFL

A Point of Clarification:

It is the delivery of the handgun to an out-of-state person that is the violation - Not the sale.

The sale is legal as long as the handgun moves from selling FFL directly to an FFL within the state of residence of the buyer - where, after the home state FFL receives the handgun, it may be picked up by the buyer with an appropriate NICS check at that FFL...

Or did I miss some change in the law???

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    A Point of Clarification:

It is the delivery of the handgun to an out-of-state person that is the violation - Not the sale.

The sale is legal as long as the handgun moves from selling FFL directly to an FFL within the state of residence of the buyer - where, after the home state FFL receives the handgun, it may be picked up by the buyer with an appropriate NICS check at that FFL...

Or did I miss some change in the law???

I took it as someone with out of state credentials walked into their shop without a gun then a little while later walked out with a gun in their hands.

What you are saying is correct out of state purchase of handguns need to be shipped back to a FFL in the buyers state for legal transfer.

A few days before Christmas I was in a local shop in my neck of the woods and a employee was on the phone going over what he had in stock and the prices. The guy on the other end said he wanted it and would be in today as long as it wasn't an issue that he was from NYC. He claimed he was a police officer and could get a letter that the sale was okay to make to him since its for off duty work.

Yeah right! It's either bull shit or its a Gov Homo set up of Eastern PA shops. Either way it's illegal and the shop told him to pound sand.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I took it as someone with out of state credentials walked into their shop without a gun then a little while later walked out with a gun in their hands . . .
    If it was a long gun, there's no problem with that.

But it is not possible to legally sell a handgun to an out of state resident without going through an FFL in the buyer's home state. If they called PICS, an operator come on the line for an OOS resident background check, and they generally ask if the firearm is a long gun.

The AA person responsible simply did NOT follow procedures.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Erie County)

They should have known better. I used to shop there in the late 90's, my last purchase there was 2001. I always liked the shop and range back then.

I ran into a guy who has a gift card for there that has a substantial amount of money on it. He called them to see what could be done and they said that today (Wednesday the 5th) they would know the outcome of what is coming down on them. So hopefully we hear something soon.

This has been my go to range for a while now and even have a group that goes up once a month to shoot on tuesday night.

(Westmoreland County)

I had gotten info from two different but directly related sources to this story. I do not know the specifics about the event that resulted in the indictment being handed down to the store manager, but I do know what the freeze of their ability to move any items in or out of their FFL inventory is from. ATF is making no bones about it, they are revoking the FFL that AA operates under. Normally that would still allow an FFL that is being revoked to transfer inventory to other FFL's or back to consignors while the revocation process runs its course. In this case, the Allegheny County Sheriff's Department issued a letter to AA revoking their retail license when the indictment was filed. The wording of that revocation letter stated that they are not permitted to move anything into or out of inventory. The problem with this for an FFL is that the transfer of inventory between other FFL's is a wholesale function, not necessarily a retail one, but AA under legal guidance is following the stricter letter here in not moving any inventory without a clarification from the Sheriff as to retail or wholesale/FFL (Federal Level) transactions. The ATF is waiting at this time until this situation has been made clearer by meetings with AA lawyers and Sheriff's office.

Not every FFL also has or needs a retail license. Obviously only if they sell to a retail customer market.
    Last edited by VooDoo1VooDoo1; February 5th, 2020 at 06:22 PM.

(Indiana County)

Reading your post Voodoo it almost sounds like theres more suspected, missing inventory or something that would make the ATF want nothing leaving the store at this time. Thats just how I'm reading it though.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BDK View Post
    Reading your post Voodoo it almost sounds like theres more suspected, missing inventory or something that would make the ATF want nothing leaving the store at this time. Thats just how I'm reading it though.
    No, not really anything like that. In fact, ATF was telling customers that had called them, as well as telling store employees that they COULD move FFL transactions, until AA's lawyers read the ATF the letter from the Sheriff that said they can't move any inventory, but not specifying retail or wholesale. I can say that it was commented that there are other issues with this FFL though. The last time I was in the store it was still open, at least there were people using the range. Based on piecing things together after the fact, I am thinking the range customers have already paid a membership and are permitted to use it but there are no ammunition or other sales that can occur. Not 100% sure about that, but what I am thinking.

(Westmoreland County)

Well I have no idea of the particulars, except to report that Anthony Arms contacted me to let me know that they are back to being able to complete gun transfers and apparently able to sell guns again. They contacted me because I have a gun there since the beginning of December on a layaway that I was unable to take possession of due to the circumstances surrounding their FFL.

(Allegheny County)

Is Anthony's closed? I checked their hours online and it looks like they are closed almost everyday now?
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast