Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Virginia House Bill 567 Makes Indoor Shooting Ranges Illegal

The following bill, profiled January 6, 2020, in the Virginia House of Delegates makes indoor shooting ranges not owned by government illegal to own and operate.

HOUSE BILL NO. 567

Offered January 8, 2020

Prefiled January 6, 2020

A BILL to amend the Code of Virginia by adding in Article 3 of Chapter 12 of Title 18.2 a section numbered 18.2-511.2, relating to indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in buildings not owned or leased by the Commonwealth or federal government; exceptions; civil penalty.

---------- Patron-- Helmer

---------- Committee Referral Pending

---------- Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:

1. That the Code of Virginia is amended by adding in Article 3 of Chapter 12 of Title 18.2 a section numbered 18.2-511.2 as follows:

§ 18.2-511.2. Indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in private buildings; exceptions; penalty.

A. As used in this section, "indoor shooting range" means any fully enclosed or indoor area or facility designed for the use of rifles, shotguns, pistols, silhouettes, skeet, trap, or black powder or any other similar sport shooting.

B. It is unlawful to operate an indoor shooting range in any building not owned or leased by the Commonwealth or the federal government unless (i) fewer than 50 employees work in the building or (ii) (a) at least 90 percent of the users of the indoor shooting range are law-enforcement officers, as defined in § 9.1-101, or federal law-enforcement officers, (b) the indoor shooting range maintains a log of each user's name, phone number, address, and the law-enforcement agency where such user is employed, and (c) the indoor shooting range verifies each user's identity and address by requiring all users to present a government-issued photo-identification card.

C. Any person that violates the provisions of this section is subject to a civil penalty of not less than $1,000 nor more than $100,000 for the initial violation and $5,000 per day for each day of violation thereafter.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...?201+ful+HB567
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Virginia House Bill 567 Makes Indoor Shooting Ranges Illegal

It would seem to me to be specifically targeted at the NRA range in Fairfax, quick way to get it shut down and stick a thumb in the eye of the "evil" NRA.

(Berks County)

Freaking ridiculous!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    It would seem to me to be specifically targeted at the NRA range in Fairfax, quick way to get it shut down and stick a thumb in the eye of the "evil" NRA.
    When there was a meeting 6 miles from NRA hq do you know not a single one of those fucks came out to speak against all these gun bills. Fuck the NRA them and the rEpUbLiCaNs are behind every federal gun control act since the 1930's. This is an attack against normal, law abiding gun owners not the NotRifleAss.

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Yep. I had the same thought. Not many ranges have 50+ people that work in the same building, except for NRA HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack172 View Post
    When there was a meeting 6 miles from NRA hq do you know not a single one of those fucks came out to speak against all these gun bills. Fuck the NRA them and the rEpUbLiCaNs are behind every federal gun control act since the 1930's. This is an attack against normal, law abiding gun owners not the NotRifleAss.
    You're not wrong. I'll admit that at one time, I used to think that the NRA acted sort of like a shield by being the "big" org with its many million members to flex and draw the ire and the attacks from the left while GOA, etc. did the real work. That time has passed. The NRA's silence when it comes time to do the real work is deafening. Between the many scandals and their history of compromise, I no longer see any reason to pretend or hope that they might be worth supporting.

Donate to GOA, FPC, and especially the local orgs like FOAC, VCDL, etc. These are the ones that are putting in the work.

No compromise. Francis, Bloomberg, and Northam have shown us the left are no longer hiding their intentions, so our response should be equally bold. The 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Sic semper tyrannis.
    I am not a lawyer.

So essentially they're trying to ensure that only law enforcement gets to train and practice.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Did they offer justification or a reason to enact this law? because all I see is a big fat attack against the law abiding. I can not see a reasonable reason to support this bill at all. Why should government have exclusive rights? pardon my french, but they can fuck themselves.

Clearly a way to shut down lawful training. The Va. government needs to be boot stomped by the residents. They are being forced into a corned little by little. They need to get off the soap box and the ballot box, its time for the ammo box.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.