Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Exclamation Georgia Senate Bill 281 Would Ban All Semi-Automatic Firearms

Georgia state Senator Donzella James has filed SB 281 a bill “…to prohibit the possession of automatic and semi-automatic guns…” That might seem significant enough on its own, but this one is crafted such that…

I almost want this to pass unamended.

I say almost, because the bill would do a few other things of which I also disapprove: ban “high” capacity magazine (more than ten rounds) and private sales at gun shows. It would also require “secure storage” of firearms by dealers.

But let’s look at that semi-auto ban. As is so often the case, the nitty gritty is hidden in the definitions.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ge...atic-firearms/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125847[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Georgia Senate Bill 281 Would Ban All Semi-Automatic Firearms

Who cares.

(Berks County)

Who cares? We all should if this is becoming standard practice in the US.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Who cares.
    Yeah, I don't get that response.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Yeah, I don't get that response.
    Its virtue signaling bullshit. I'm at a point in my life where I dont care nor
    will I follow a tyrannical law. Fuck these tyrants with the business end of a
    (fill in the blank).

Question Re: Georgia Senate Bill 281 Would Ban All Semi-Automatic Firearms

SB 281: Dangerous Instrumentalities and Practices; possession of automatic and semi-automatic guns; prohibit; revise and provide definitions
    […]
    As used in this part, the term:
    (1) ‘Automatic or semi-automatic gun’ means any weapon which shoots or is designed to shoot:
    (A) Automatically, more than six shots, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger; or
    (B) Without any action needed to fire consecutive shots, other than having ammunition loaded in such weapon’s feeding device.
    Huh?

"Instrumentalities"????????????????????????
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Huh?

"Instrumentalities"????????????????????????
    noun
    the fact or quality of serving as an instrument or means to an end; agency.
    "a corporate body can act only through the instrumentality of human beings"
    a thing which serves as a means to an end.
    plural noun: instrumentalities
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I am all about taking this seriously, but is this bill like the bills introduced by Philadelphia and Pittsburgh reps that go nowhere?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Who cares? We all should if this is becoming standard practice in the US.
    Yeah you need to keep an eye on this shit. The recently flipped states of Virginia, Indiana, now Georgia. The Left is going full bore on the state level since the going the Federal way has stalled for them.

(Chester County)

How does this affect Kennesaw, GA?

This city requires residents to own a gun.

(CNN)As the debate over guns continues in Washington and in communities across the country, there's at least one place where owning a gun is technically required by law.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/06/us/ke...hip/index.html

In Kennesaw, Georgia, local law says that "every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm."

"If you're going to commit a crime in Kennesaw and you're the criminal -- are you going to take a chance that that homeowner is a law-abiding citizen?" asked Kennesaw Mayor Derek Easterling.

Wayne Arnold is one of those citizens. Among the weapons he keeps at home are an AR-15-style .223 caliber rifle, a variety of handguns and more.
    "It gives me the ability to protect myself as opposed to being somewhere where you weren't allowed to have a firearm or it was frowned upon," said Arnold.
    "More or less a political statement"

It may be the law in Kennesaw to own a gun, but the police department says it isn't actually enforced.

Many locals CNN spoke to assumed that the law dated back to the town's founding, but it was actually only enacted in 1982. "It was meant to be kind of a crime deterrent," said Lt. Craig Graydon, who's been with the Kennesaw Police Department for over 30 years. "It was also more or less a political statement because the city of Morton Grove, Illinois, passed a city ordinance banning handguns from their city limits."

Back then, the town had a population of just a few thousand. Over three decades later, the law is still on the books.

Today, Kennesaw, a town of about 33,000 people, has had one murder in the last six years and a violent crime rate of below 2%.
    But it's unclear whether that has anything to do with the gun law.

City officials say their relationship with the community is a key factor in maintaining public safety. "We can't say that just that gun law contributes x number of percent to why we have a low crime rate. It may be part of it, but it needs to be looked at from a whole picture," said Graydon. "Don't just look at the ordinance."

A small town that gets questions from around the country.

As communities across the country re-examine their own relationship with guns in the wake of recent mass shootings, officials say they have been getting calls from all over the country -- and even as far away as Norway -- inquiring about the town's gun law.

"We get a lot of calls, conversation, and it seems to keep crime control, gun safety, things like that on the minds of many of the residents, because people are constantly talking about the gun law," said Lt. Graydon. "So that's been somewhat of a benefit to us."

"The first thing that most people say when they meet us, you know as a community is 'oh, it's not what I expected,'" said Mayor Easterling. "I don't know what they expect of people who arm themselves with guns at home, or what they're looking for, but really we're not that."

"People kind of get the image that it's the Wild West, where everybody walks around with a firearm strapped to their side, and it's not like that," Arnold said. "It's strictly a home defense system type of deal. There's no shootouts down the street.

By my reading of the gibberish in the newly proposed bill, it seems like they're banning "bump fire" all over again. Better stock up on your rubberbands from Amazon before it becomes illegal to purchase them in GA:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=black+rub...f=nb_sb_noss_2

61wggOS24IL.jpg
    - bamboomaster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast