Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: ATF Home Visit

Default Re: ATF Home Visit

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    What if the guy had a C&R license, I guess they're are going to come in?
    They are supposed to call and make an appointment, and they can only look at the firearms that have been transferred to you under your C&R, everything else remains in the safe and is off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    They are supposed to call and make an appointment, and they can only look at the firearms that have been transferred to you under your C&R, everything else remains in the safe and is off limits.
    Good to know, thanks.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Your participation in this thread has had nothing to do with the OP's question. It appears your only intent is to troll another person. If you have nothing to offer the OP, how about you just bugger off?
    Will do!
    Armchair lawyering is ok though!

Now I remember why myself and my brother never come here anymore.
    Thanks for the reminder!

See, I wouldn’t armchair lawyering like is against the rules, asking an armchair lawyer if they even own a firearm seems relevant in establishing if that poster has standing to post legal opinion, guess I was wrong, my sincerest apologies!
    Last edited by HSMaxim; January 6th, 2020 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueContact125 View Post
    Has anyone heard of the ATF coming to your home to check up on a firearm you purchased at an out of business gun shop? I just had this happen to me. 2 agents came to my home and asked to see a gun that I purchased in 2017 from Gander Mountain. I had since traded it in for something else. So now they are looking into that shop for it. Is this normal?
    Would it be proper to answer a question with a question? I am thinking, "Are you still looking for those guns that YOU ran to Mexico?"

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    Will do!
    Armchair lawyering is ok though!

Now I remember why myself and my brother never come here anymore.
    Thanks for the reminder!

See, I wouldn’t armchair lawyering like is against the rules, asking an armchair lawyer if they even own a firearm seems relevant in establishing if that poster has standing to post legal opinion, guess I was wrong, my sincerest apologies!
    It's not armchair lawyering to ask if they have a warrant. I believe our resident lawyer supports that stance: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...41#post4116241 As asking if they have a warrant would give you the ability to contact an attorney before they could return with one. There is no reason why you shouldn't ask a government agent if they have a warrant before talking to them.

Believe it or not, people that don't own firearms are allowed to express their opinions here as there is no rule prohibiting it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    If you didn't do anything wrong you dont have anything to hide?

I prefer: "Come back with a warrant"
    That approach of "if you have done nothing wrong" has sanctified a lot of government abuse throughout history.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueContact125 View Post
    Yeah they were being pretty nice and were respectful and all. It just really shook me. I didn't really ask any questions. I only asked them to tell me why that specific gun and then they gave me the story of not being able to read the serial number on the paperwork. They said it was " standard procedure" to check up on guns from shut down shops if they weren't able to read serial numbers on the paperwork for "verification" purposes.
    I am glad I did very little business with Gander over the years. That all just seems odd to me. A massive waste of government resources for a simple paperwork check.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Stopped for simply driving at 2am. Wrong. “Being in the wrong neighborhood.” Wrong. But your speeding needs a little context. 5 over on the interstate or through a residential neighborhood?

And most people aren’t happy that they are being stopped. It’s part of the job. If I wanted people to like me, I would have been a firefighter.
    I've been stopped at 3 am. PSP was out hunting for DUIs. claimed I crossed the center line. False.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Yes, i know about implied consent for the cour admissable tests. I'm talking about the little pocket sized breathalyzers that they ask you to blow into on the side of the road.
    Dunno. Around here PSP only uses the roadside tests on someone they think might have been drinking but isn't grossly hammered. Then they run you up to the hospital for bloodwork. I suspect it is because bloodwork stands up better in court, but I've never asked. As often as not, they'll ask EMS if we thing the person has been drinking, and don't bother if our impression is "no".
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Stopped for simply driving at 2am. Wrong. “Being in the wrong neighborhood.” Wrong. But your speeding needs a little context. 5 over on the interstate or through a residential neighborhood?

And most people aren’t happy that they are being stopped. It’s part of the job. If I wanted people to like me, I would have been a firefighter.
    It was on a university campus. I was going 15 instead of the mandated 10mph. I mean, goddamn, you can only crawl so slowly. Is it better to have my eyes glued on the speedometer to ensure I am not going a hair over 10mph, or watch where the fuck I am going?

If she thought it was important enough to stop me, then she should have given me a ticket instead of wasting 20 minutes of my time telling me how she could give me a ticket if she wanted to.

She was just fishing for DUI or whatever....which is particularly enjoying since I don’t drink alcohol.
    Last edited by free; January 7th, 2020 at 08:23 AM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast