Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: ATF Home Visit

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: ATF Home Visit

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    It was on a university campus. I was going 15 instead of the mandated 10mph. I mean, goddamn, you can only crawl so slowly. Is it better to have my eyes glued on the speedometer to ensure I am not going a hair over 10mph, or watch where the fuck I am going?

If she thought it was important enough to stop me, then she should have given me a ticket instead of wasting 20 minutes of my time telling me how she could give me a ticket if she wanted to.

She was just fishing for DUI or whatever....which is particularly enjoying since I don’t drink alcohol.
    1. If you can’t multitask while driving (especially at single digit speeds), maybe you shouldn’t be driving. Hey, I sound like Free!

2. You either get the lecture or the ticket. There are no points with a lecture. Stop complaining.

3. Her crystal ball must not have been working, since she didn’t know you don’t drink.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I've been stopped at 3 am. PSP was out hunting for DUIs. claimed I crossed the center line. False.
    PSP probably was. It was the witching hour.

Nobody ever did what I stopped them for either.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Yup, and by chance I was in another brown car later that same afternoon and we got stopped again.
    Well then you were absolutely stopped for investigation of the murder.

But you handed them great reasonable suspicion for an MVC with your inspection sticker.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Well then you were absolutely stopped for investigation of the murder.

But you handed them great reasonable suspicion for an MVC with your inspection sticker.
    Right and it takes 3 cops blocking all the travel lanes to stop for an MVC. Yup, that's just normal.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Right and it takes 3 cops blocking all the travel lanes to stop for an MVC. Yup, that's just normal.
    Ya lost me here. I thought we agreed that you and your friends were stopped for investigation of murder?

Three cops blocking all travel lanes is not normal for a routine MVC. But that is not what was happening.

(Lancaster County)

Ya lost me here. I thought we agreed that you and your friends were stopped for investigation of murder?

Three cops blocking all travel lanes is not normal for a routine MVC. But that is not what was happening.
    You're right it's not. I understand that you're not a detective, but even you should be able to put the pieces together. I never said we were told that was the reason for the stop. I also realize that in Philly you guys don't even go on a donut run without back up. But out here, it's very unusual to see 3 city cops on the same block without something bigger going on, and it's even more unusual to have 3 of them stop one car for a simple MVC violation. It really wasn't that difficult to put all the pieces together once more information became available. I didn't know we were in a police front until a couple years later when there was a big write up in the local news about it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Stopped for simply driving at 2am. Wrong. “Being in the wrong neighborhood.” Wrong. But your speeding needs a little context. 5 over on the interstate or through a residential neighborhood?

And most people aren’t happy that they are being stopped. It’s part of the job. If I wanted people to like me, I would have been a firefighter.
    You have obviously never been there when the family reenters their home and sees the holes in the walls and roof.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueContact125 View Post
    Has anyone heard of the ATF coming to your home to check up on a firearm you purchased at an out of business gun shop? I just had this happen to me. 2 agents came to my home and asked to see a gun that I purchased in 2017 from Gander Mountain. I had since traded it in for something else. So now they are looking into that shop for it. Is this normal?
    I'd investigate that too. Gander Mountain had insane prices. They're just doing a wellness-check on you after shopping at Gander.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Dunno. Around here PSP only uses the roadside tests on someone they think might have been drinking but isn't grossly hammered. Then they run you up to the hospital for bloodwork. I suspect it is because bloodwork stands up better in court, but I've never asked. As often as not, they'll ask EMS if we thing the person has been drinking, and don't bother if our impression is "no".
    They used to ask me that all the time in my medic days, and I always replied that I couldn't tell. I knew too many people in the military that could function normally with a BAC that was unbelievably high (only two things to do on Guam, drink and fish and fishing gets old) and I wasn't going to have somebody I helped drive away be in an MVA later on.

(Berks County)

They do it around here all the time. But then, it's Reading.... Some years ago Sheriffs Deputies wanted to talk to a guy in his vehicle, he drove straight at the one in front. Deputy rode the hood for half a block yelling for him to stop before he shot him through the windshield. Douche had his little girl in a car seat in the back.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast