Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    4,272
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

    Was the dog a smoker?

    If so, then good shoot.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Loami, Illinois
    Age
    78
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    16460754

    Default Re: Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

    Years ago we heard a ruckus by the barn. Our terrier was fighting off a pack of dogs that were trying to get to our feeder calves. Notified the owners of 3 that I had seen in town(2.5 miles away) and was told that they would not do that. Contacted the county and was advised to do what I had to do to protect my livestock. 2 or 3 nights later they came back and I had to shoot 2 before the rest would quit trying to get to the calves. With 4 horses and 6 calves we could not take the chance of letting them just leave.

    I have always had dogs and really hate owners who do not keep their dogs home. We now have some trash living about 1/2 mile away now that moved out from town and turned loose their dogs. County has picked them up twice and they still let one run loose.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,586
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

    Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    Years ago we heard a ruckus by the barn. Our terrier was fighting off a pack of dogs that were trying to get to our feeder calves. Notified the owners of 3 that I had seen in town(2.5 miles away) and was told that they would not do that. Contacted the county and was advised to do what I had to do to protect my livestock. 2 or 3 nights later they came back and I had to shoot 2 before the rest would quit trying to get to the calves. With 4 horses and 6 calves we could not take the chance of letting them just leave.

    I have always had dogs and really hate owners who do not keep their dogs home. We now have some trash living about 1/2 mile away now that moved out from town and turned loose their dogs. County has picked them up twice and they still let one run loose.

    SSS
    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Loami, Illinois
    Age
    78
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    16460754

    Default Re: Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    SSS
    YUP
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    SSS
    ...googled your “code” and got no logical Sandcut isms.

    Care to translate?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26,850
    Rep Power
    21474876

    Default Re: Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    ...googled your “code” and got no logical Sandcut isms.

    Care to translate?
    Shoot
    Shovel
    Shut your mouth

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    carbon cty, Pennsylvania
    (Carbon County)
    Posts
    1,797
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ........... United States v. Cruikshank

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,586
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    ...googled your “code” and got no logical Sandcut isms.

    Care to translate?
    Sorry. I thought that was one that EVERYONE nere would have heard at some point.

    Shoot
    Shovel
    Shut up


    It's one thing if it is your next door neighbor and your yard is 10' from your neighbor's back door. A LOT can happen with 1/2 mile of woods between houses.

    Problem dogs get lost sometimes.

    Sometimes they run off after chasing deer.

    Sometimes they return to their original owners in Duluth, MN, never to be heard from again.


    Who could ever know or hope to guess?
    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North East PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,994
    Rep Power
    21474852

    Default Re: Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

    I could care less if a dog is chasing a deer. Most likely they will never catch it and wouldn't know what to do with it if they did. Livestock is a different story.
    Feel the Bern.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    (Erie County)
    Posts
    6,285
    Rep Power
    21474852

    Default Re: Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    If you own a dog, train the damn thing properly!

    You would think this would be intuitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 4th, 2018, 11:05 AM
  2. Family of man killed by police officer outraged
    By WhiteFeather in forum General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: June 12th, 2008, 10:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops