Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Open carry holster $100 budget

Safariland ALS here for my G29. Love it.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Dauphin County)

Right now there is a 25% off sale at Nigh Noon Holsters.
    https://www.highnoonholsters.com/lea...-duty/sky-high

Sky high is great for open carry. With leather, you DO want a thumb break for open carry. It won't slow you down, with practice.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Right now there is a 25% off sale at Nigh Noon Holsters.
    https://www.highnoonholsters.com/lea...-duty/sky-high

Sky high is great for open carry. With leather, you DO want a thumb break for open carry. It won't slow you down, with practice.
    Actually I dont want a thumb break. That is why I am looking for some other kind of retention. The High Noon holsters look nice but Im looking for something a little more minimalist.
    Ive carried for years and have tried tons of different old school designs from leather with thumb breaks , open tops, IWB's, kydex, you name it. This time with this new pistol I am going to spend whatever it takes ( within reason,lol ) to find the ultimate comfortable , concealable and stylish holster.
    Im liking the Alien Gear Cloak belt holster but it seems to big. I like the rubberized backing with the Kydex shell but it seems over designed which makes it big.

(Northampton County)

If you're looking at the Alien gear, you may like the Crossbreed holsters better. I've had good luck with their inside or outside the waistband products. Most seem to be in your price range.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/h...waistband.html

Quote Originally Posted by smit308 View Post
    If you're looking at the Alien gear, you may like the Crossbreed holsters better. I've had good luck with their inside or outside the waistband products. Most seem to be in your price range.

I had one of their original IWB's when they first started producing holsters. It was a great holster but Im looking for a OWB because its more comfortable to me.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by KatesDad View Post
    Actually I dont want a thumb break. That is why I am looking for some other kind of retention. The High Noon holsters look nice but Im looking for something a little more minimalist.
    Ive carried for years and have tried tons of different old school designs from leather with thumb breaks , open tops, IWB's, kydex, you name it. This time with this new pistol I am going to spend whatever it takes ( within reason,lol ) to find the ultimate comfortable , concealable and stylish holster.
    Im liking the Alien Gear Cloak belt holster but it seems to big. I like the rubberized backing with the Kydex shell but it seems over designed which makes it big.
    Quote Originally Posted by KatesDad View Post
    I had one of their original IWB's when they first started producing holsters. It was a great holster but Im looking for a OWB because its more comfortable to me.
    I have the Cloak Mod owb holsters. They're pretty decent for the money and you can swap shells with the other iwb holsters as well. I have both the belt and paddle options, they are pretty large and sit further away from your hip than you would expect. Not really a problem for OC, but they don't conceal very well. The only retention they have is the flex plate in the back of the holster, so if you're looking for active retention they don't really have it. If that's something you really want, then check out the "shape shift" line from them. $100 will get you the starter pack and includes several iwb and owb options including one with active retention.

(Chester County)

I was gonna suggest the Raven Concealment Systems Phantom but it looks like they stopped making them

You could always find a local kydex bender and get exactly what you want.

I spent $45 on a used RCS Hackathorn for my glock and it's one of my favorite holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyPullover View Post
    I was gonna suggest the Raven Concealment Systems Phantom but it looks like they stopped making them

I spent $45 on a used RCS Hackathorn for my glock and it's one of my favorite holsters.
    Yep. Raven Concealment screwed up big time when they discontinued the Phantom. I've had all mine for at least 10-12 years & haven't found anything better. I have one for my 1911s, one for my Glock 17 that I also use for the 19 & 19X, and one for my Sig 226. I added the pancake wings to all of them.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyPullover View Post

Id love to design my own , just have no experience making them.

Quote Originally Posted by smit308 View Post

Just realized you can convert the IWB's to OWB's. Im thinking I might go with the Reckoning holstler and get the OWB loops as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast