Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Colt to reintroduce the Python

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    The old ones will still be revered like pre 64 Winchesters. No worries.
    If anything, it will probably increase their value.

(Wayne County)

Colt was at the Great American Outdoor Show and I got to play with some. Triggers are not the best in single action, but the double action was real nice. Rep said they have a back order of 14k units already.

(Chester County)

All they need now to compete with Smith and Wesson is the Hillary hole.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Colt was at the Great American Outdoor Show and I got to play with some. Triggers are not the best in single action, but the double action was real nice. Rep said they have a back order of 14k units already.
    Is the lock work more modern than the old Pythons? That was their weak point. I suspect it is, and that the action can be smoothed up a lot.

(Lancaster County)

I was at the Outdoors show today and while the kids and wife unit went to get milkshakes, I spent a god bit of time at the Colt both. I own a few "tuned" S&W revolvers and one 657 Mountain Gun that has been to the Smith Performance center for an action job, Id have to say the action on these is much better. A different feel than a Smith but very smooth, the 657 has it beat single action, but the double action is phenomenal. I've never handled a early Python to compare, but these are nice. I just hope the show samples are indeed unmolested production guns and are not smoothed over pogey bait to entice folks at the shows.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Is the lock work more modern than the old Pythons? That was their weak point. I suspect it is, and that the action can be smoothed up a lot.
    Lock up was good and I have no idea which is better new or old. If they come down in price to like 1200 - 1300, I’m buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Is the lock work more modern than the old Pythons? That was their weak point.
    Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!

Millions of Official Police , Officers Model Match , .357 , Trooper and others used the same action , but don't recall anyone calling them weak.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!

Millions of Official Police , Officers Model Match , .357 , Trooper and others used the same action , but don't recall anyone calling them weak.
    Pythons are well known for "going out of time". The hand that turns the cylinder stays in contact and locks the cylinder in place. The problem with that is it wears and once the cylinder gets some slop more bad things happen. Even the Pythons biggest fans will concede this is a problem but they still blame the shooter. Periodic replacement of the hand is just "standard maintenance on such a highly tuned piece of machinery"

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Any chance they'll change their ways and help kick the anti gun political complex out of CT?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Pythons are well known for "going out of time". The hand that turns the cylinder stays in contact and locks the cylinder in place. The problem with that is it wears and once the cylinder gets some slop more bad things happen. Even the Pythons biggest fans will concede this is a problem but they still blame the shooter. Periodic replacement of the hand is just "standard maintenance on such a highly tuned piece of machinery"
    Thank you. I have owned Pythons and Diamondbacks and always had good success with them, but did have one Python do what you describe, and also with that same fix. Maybe "weak" was the wrong word. I meant to say they action can have a weakness. It was a old design, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast