Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Colt to reintroduce the Python

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    That just meant it was bought by someone with more money than brains.
    Like those who buy $3000 ~ 4000 1911's?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    That just meant it was bought by someone with more money than brains. This isn't a limited edition. In a few months to a year max they will be selling for way under MSRP.

Yes, the person who bought it can show it off and their friends will say Woo for a couple months. But after that it will be Meh.
    If you have enough money brains aren't necessary.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    If you have enough money brains aren't necessary.
    Just look at all the millionaires in Congress , and Hollywood.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Perry County)

I got to fondle one at the outdoor show today. Not as smooth as an original and double action was definitely heavier, but it was a decent revolver. I'll probably buy one at some point because they apparently also beefed them up a bit. Hopefully they'll be a bit more durable. I'm definitely going to buy a Taylor SAA before that. They do a nice job tuning up the imports.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I got to fondle one at the outdoor show today. Not as smooth as an original and double action was definitely heavier, but it was a decent revolver. I'll probably buy one at some point because they apparently also beefed them up a bit. Hopefully they'll be a bit more durable. I'm definitely going to buy a Taylor SAA before that. They do a nice job tuning up the imports.
    I was there as well yesterday and checked one out...but I am not a revolver fan so...meh.

Rumor is a blued version is to be released once they have capacity to produce it ....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I fondled it there on Saturday. Though I am not a revolver guy (only own 1 DW) and never handled the original, I found it wholly unimpressive. The trigger pull I found heavy, and I'm not sure if I'm the only one that noticed this, but the geometry of the trigger gave it some pretty sharp corners.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    I fondled it there on Saturday. Though I am not a revolver guy (only own 1 DW) and never handled the original, I found it wholly unimpressive. The trigger pull I found heavy, and I'm not sure if I'm the only one that noticed this, but the geometry of the trigger gave it some pretty sharp corners.
    I noticed that as well. Definitely didn't have the attention to details like that found on the originals.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Mercer County)

I had a chance to handle one of the new model Pythons and I was disappointed with the fit and finish. I have several I paid under $350 for in the late '50s and early 60's (the 2.5 incher I own has a date of birth in '55 bought used for $225).

Trigger was terrible compared to the one manufactured in '55. I may buy one of the 2020 manufactured ones when they hit the used market with a price of around $850 out the door.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Columbia County)

All this negative news about about the new python might be good for me. Maybe I can still get $2K+ for my old one.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    All this negative news about about the new python might be good for me. Maybe I can still get $2K+ for my old one.
    The old ones will still be revered like pre 64 Winchesters. No worries.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast