Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Colt to reintroduce the Python

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    You're looking a little peaked today....

In all seriousness though, I'm not seeing what makes it worth 400 dollars more then a Rugar Redhawk.

https://ruger.com/products/redhawk/specSheets/5059.html
    What make a Ferrari worth 3x the price of a Corvette? What makes a classic Harley worth the prices they fetch?

And what makes a Korth revolver worth 2-3x the price of a Python?

I also have a Redhawk in .41 mag. Bought it back in '84 or so soon after it was announced. IIRC it was under $400.

The profile , the deep mirror polish , the smooth action , the instant recognizability of the legendary Python is what makes it.

There's a few old sayings for things like this, ''If I have to explain , ya wouldn't understand!" and "If ya don't know , I can't tell ya!"
    Last edited by abner13; January 12th, 2020 at 10:43 AM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

There's a new python being auctioned on Gun Broker by a local shop here in the NE I go to once in awhile. They started it at .01 and it's currently over $1800.00.

So much for those MSRP's and street prices.

(Allegheny County)

Years ago I had my Python serviced by Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters . The-replacement of the extractor rod and "crane collar" bushing was satisfactory. Both parts were ordered in bright Nickel and installed... Done right.
    The marring of the old parts were admittedly done by a bone head "Me". Disassembly and twisting , broke the threads of the rod, and scraping lead and overcleaning messed up the bushing.

Too much leading was by a low powder content of my hand loads with 158 gr. Hornady lead SWC (too soft bullets) those knurled base type. ( crap)

A miss diagnosed problem by the shop owner was to retime or to completely tune /overhaul the Python. (Gun had 600 rounds thru it.)
    I declined the offer, and cleaned the gun to brand new pristine condition, after new parts were installed.
    So glad that I have a vintage 8 in. Polished Nickel Snakegun , that is in time, ( never out of time) a smoooth...non stack trigger job, no scratches, and minimal cylinder line.
    Not gonna buy a 2020 Python, as I am content with mine. ( Although I might buy a 2022 made Python, 6 in. if Colt QC is up to snuff.)

Here … Hold my drink; and watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanDean View Post
    Years ago I had my Python serviced by Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters . The-replacement of the extractor rod and "crane collar" bushing was satisfactory. Both parts were ordered in bright Nickel and installed... Done right.
    The marring of the old parts were admittedly done by a bone head "Me". Disassembly and twisting , broke the threads of the rod, and scraping lead and overcleaning messed up the bushing.

Too much leading was by a low powder content of my hand loads with 158 gr. Hornady lead SWC (too soft bullets) those knurled base type. ( crap)

A miss diagnosed problem by the shop owner was to retime or to completely tune /overhaul the Python. (Gun had 600 rounds thru it.)
    I declined the offer, and cleaned the gun to brand new pristine condition, after new parts were installed.
    So glad that I have a vintage 8 in. Polished Nickel Snakegun , that is in time, ( never out of time) a smoooth...non stack trigger job, no scratches, and minimal cylinder line.
    Not gonna buy a 2020 Python, as I am content with mine. ( Although I might buy a 2022 made Python, 6 in. if Colt QC is up to snuff.)

I actually like the way the trigger of my Python , and Colt Officers Model Match , 'stacks'. When I used my Python for bullseye competition , I could draw the trigger and 'stack' the action so I could get that final sight alignment on target , and a hair's more pressure on the trigger made the hammer drop. Almost as good as shooting single action.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Boomer is just an easier way of identifying people who are 50+. I’m sure people as old as I am but most likely younger are called millennials. I can understand a negative connotation, but it’s just a term to identify an age bracket. Anyways, I can understand the Colt Cobra. Conceal carry guns are the big craze right now (mostly semi-autos) but I can’t see enough non-boomers wanting to buy the python at that price to justify Colt making it. I’m not saying it isn’t a cool revolver. I’m saying I don’t know long term how good this is from a business standpoint. Although the market is flooded, and there are just as many good rifles in the same price range, but Colt would probably be better off making better quality rifles at slightly lower prices.
    Except I am 50 and my dad is a boomer. We are Gen X get it right.

(Blair County)

1500$ seem like a lot of money for a gun that isnt hand fitted by a master gunsmith. I will have to handle one to see how it feels. Silver revolvers do nothing for me. Hopefully the original Colt bluing still exists. Hopefully the gun functions like it is lubed with butter and all the clicks are sharp. No other revolver feels like an original Colt Python, Anaconda, or King cobra.

(Blair County)

No hate on Rugers (I have an Alaskan) but they look like what they are, Assembly line guns, made by machines with no craftsmanship whatsoever. All rough edges, loose fitting seams and no trigger feel. They go bang everytime I guess, and thats important, but it doesnt compare to an original Colt double action.....Barely compares to a Smith.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    Yea side tracked with the holidays and building holsters. No answer from pinnacle yet, I’d like to talk to him first.
    Did you call him? I bet email doesn't work. He does great work. Just slowly.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

New Python sold for $1900.00 from a shop in my neck of the woods.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/852473838

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    New Python sold for $1900.00 from a shop in my neck of the woods.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/852473838
    That just meant it was bought by someone with more money than brains. This isn't a limited edition. In a few months to a year max they will be selling for way under MSRP.

Yes, the person who bought it can show it off and their friends will say Woo for a couple months. But after that it will be Meh.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast