Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Colt to reintroduce the Python

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Colt wants champagne prices for their ware.

The new 32 ACP semi auto that looks like a Colt 1903 is around $1200. I can only imagine what this thing costs.
    And it wasn't even made by Colt/Hartford!

It was however made by US Armament in Ephrata, Pennsylvania.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Philadelphia County)

I have a 4” ‘63 with a bent ejector rod, I’m almost considering thinking about cashing that out for one of the newer models.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Lancaster County)

^^ Still bent? I figured that would have been repaired by now whether you had it done it locally or shipped it out.
    I think the new Python deserves a look and may make a fine addition to any collection but I don’t think swapping a 63 for a 2020 is the right move.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Philadelphia County)

Yea side tracked with the holidays and building holsters. No answer from pinnacle yet, I’d like to talk to him first.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    No interest in any new snakes. I have a mint Python made in 1962 , paid $550 about 30yrs ago , and I'll continue to shoot it as much as I want. Mostly with .38s , but I have no qualms about running a box or two of my .357 handloads thru it. Same with my .22 Diamondback. I don't consider them investments as I will never sell them unless I know I'm going to die very soon.

Attachment 125621
    You're looking a little peaked today....

In all seriousness though, I'm not seeing what makes it worth 400 dollars more then a Rugar Redhawk.

https://ruger.com/products/redhawk/specSheets/5059.html
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    You're looking a little peaked today....

In all seriousness though, I'm not seeing what makes it worth 400 dollars more then a Rugar Redhawk.

https://ruger.com/products/redhawk/specSheets/5059.html
    I honestly wanted to like ruger revolvers but from what I’ve fired in their DA line I wouldn’t pay half of their msrp but I’d pay full price for the python so I’d say the pythons would be worth 3x more than the ruger. I’ve fired a few gp100s, a sp101 and a red hawk in .45 and I hated every single one of them. People like ken hackathorn are claiming the new python’s trigger is better than the original while the ruger DA triggers I’ve fired have felt horrendous.

Just to clarify, I’m not a ruger hater, I love my MKIII and I’ve loved every single action I’ve fired from their line including a sbh in .454 which I still want since I can’t afford a freedom arms.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    I honestly wanted to like ruger revolvers but from what I’ve fired in their DA line I wouldn’t pay half of their msrp but I’d pay full price for the python so I’d say the pythons would be worth 3x more than the ruger. I’ve fired a few gp100s, a sp101 and a red hawk in .45 and I hated every single one of them.
    Just to clarify, I’m not a ruger hater,
    says the ruger hater

:-)

In all seriousness, what about the trigger is so bad? It isn't like smith triggers are 5 pounds and rugers are 12. They're tuned about the same.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

I'm not a Ruger "hater" either, but I have to agree with smoke-wagon on Ruger DA revolver triggers.

IMHO, the best DA revolvers Ruger ever made were the Security Six series, of which I have 6.

Having said this, I do own a SP101 (3") and two GP100's (3" and a 4"), but to compare their triggers (and any Ruger SP or GP that I have ever had/shot) to any of my S&W's is a joke.

All just my opinion, but it is, what it is.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    says the ruger hater

:-)

In all seriousness, what about the trigger is so bad? It isn't like smith triggers are 5 pounds and rugers are 12. They're tuned about the same.
    I have owned a few older S&W revolvers, one 57-1, 629-7 performance center and a 29-2. I met with a member at the range I belong to so we could try the 57-1, python and ruger redhawk in .45acp and also the ruger .454 SBH

I have always loved shooting their single action revolvers and the sbh didn’t disappoint but the .45acp srh seemed extremely heavy. I have always had a suspicion that ruger’s small grip frames under the grips have made them more uncomfortable to shoot but I could be wrong. Maybe the wide trigger and hammer on the older s&w made the trigger feel better as well

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwt1405 View Post
    I'm not a Ruger "hater" either, but I have to agree with smoke-wagon on Ruger DA revolver triggers.

IMHO, the best DA revolvers Ruger ever made were the Security Six series, of which I have 6.

Having said this, I do own a SP101 (3") and two GP100's (3" and a 4"), but to compare their triggers (and any Ruger SP or GP that I have ever had/shot) to any of my S&W's is a joke.

All just my opinion, but it is, what it is.
    Quite true. I'll go one more, the finish is terrible on the 100 match champion 10mm. I swear the steel isnt homogenous in the frame casting. I see what looks like water marks that wont come off with bore cleaner. The frame has no contouring to the barrel , its just squared off and sharp. The inside of the frame window is raw casting. The vaquero is finished 100% better.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast