Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Sig P365 XL buy and range report

So I pulled the trigger and bought a Sig Sauer P365XL yesterday. I had checked them out last week and really felt that it fit my hand perfect. Great size for my hand but yet easily concealed. My normal carry gun is a Kahr CM-9 which I find to small and not nice to shoot at all. I stopped at two different shops in York, PA and found one at both shops for $649. I went home and stated my research. After watching tons of videos and reading tons of reviews I made the decision to buy one. I did a search online and found that Atlantic Tactical in New Cumberland had them for $504 brand new. For those that don’t know about Atlantic Tactical they cater to Law Enforcement and Public Safety. Gun sales are only done to Law Enforcement and Public Safety and you must show credentials. I called them and verified that EMS counts as Public Safety. I drove there yesterday and was very impressed with the shop. The salesman was great and even showed me other guns that were on clearance. I bought the pistol and the transaction was very smooth. Next to Tropps to break it in.
    I will say that this pistol is a dream to shoot. Small and thin but fit my hand great. Not snappy at all like most small semi’s. The grip on the gun feels almost stippled. Definitely no need for talon grips or any kind of tape. The magazines were very stiff and tuff to load (buying a speed loader for them). The slide release was very difficult to press but I had read that this is normal with Sig’s and will loosen up. The gun comes with night sites already installed (green) and they were very bright and easy to see. The trigger is the best I’ve ever shot for a factory trigger on a pistol. Beats my glocks hands down. Magazines that come with the pistol hold 12 rounds and are flush fit. There is also aftermarket 15 rounders for it.
    I shot 150 rounds. A mixture of Blazer Brass, American Eagle, Winchester Ranger and Critical Defense. I had one jam but it was due to a faulty round (had the gunsmith look at it and he verified it was the round). The gun was dead on at 7 & 10 yards. Shot just as good as or better than my Glock 19.
    I ordered a Raw Dog OWB Kydex holster for it for now. I will order and nicer custom holster down the road once I decide what I want to get. Thinking of going with some kind of hybrid for it. I definitely recommend this pistol for anyone wanting something smaller with a few more rounds. It is well worth the $504 I paid for it and probably well worth the $600+ if I had to pay that for it.
    Last edited by KatesDad; January 1st, 2020 at 01:52 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sig P365 XL buy and range report

Sounds good! And that's a great price. Are you going to put the Romeo Zero on it?

Let me know how that Raw Dog holster works out, I've been looking into them.

Default Re: Sig P365 XL buy and range report

Right now I think im going to go without the Romeo. This is going to be my EDC gun and want to keep it minimal. That being said my eyes arent what they use to be and I might start looking into optics for it.
    I went with the Raw Dog until I decide what custom holster I want. Most of the custom holsters have a long wait time and I didnt want to go without for now. Ive become more accustomed to kydex lately for the retention and would like to finally find something that has a active retention like the Bianchi carry lok or Safariland ALS but nicer and custom.