Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: 80% Lower Update on PICS

Someone needs to bring a block of aluminum or maybe a wheelbarrow of crushed cans into the court room to illustrate how silly that link of thinking ins.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Requires a form 4473 per Pennsylvania Attorney General.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    There's an aluminum recycling plant near me, that produces these.

I expect PSP to be arresting every driver that leaves the plant with them for possession of an unregistered arsenal.

I used to haul them from the jersey pier to Lancaster
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Someone needs to bring a block of aluminum or maybe a wheelbarrow of crushed cans into the court room to illustrate how silly that link of thinking ins.
    Most of the time I feel like our side fails to recognize they are not interested in logic.
    They are not interested in the 2nd or A1S21.
    They are not interested in "preemption laws".
    They simply don't like guns, they don't want us to have guns, They want us unarmed so we are easier to control, thus they just want guns gone so they try each and every angle to get rid of them.

They do this using our own tax monies against us forcing us to get this crap overturned by draining our wallets all while knowing full well they enjoy "sovereign immunity" so we cant bring legal action against them for their attempt to take away our civil rights.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Requires a form 4473 per Pennsylvania Attorney General.

Triggered! Looks like an AMD 65 though, not an 80% AR lower.

This is getting ridiculous. Joe Bob Outfitters has Anderson 80% lowers for $40. I see nothing about PA restrictions. If I knew I wasn't being monitored by the PSP and the AG's office on this forum, I'd be buying some...
    Last edited by esh21167; January 22nd, 2020 at 06:48 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

I used to haul them from the jersey pier to Lancaster
    So you're a gun smuggler? Stop posting and consult an attorney.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    While I am not going to go into everything that was said/argued yesterday during the hearing on the preliminary injunction, I was quite surprised when Judge Brobson asked the AG's Office (which is representing the PSP), what the PSP's position is on percentage of completion of a "frame or receiver" before it becomes a "frame or receiver" and they said they are taking a more broad interpretation than the AG's Opinion (after Brobson already called the AG's Opinion broad) and that the PSP now contends that everything from .000001 to 100% is a "frame or receiver." Brobson made clear during the hearing that he agreed with our one statutory argument that "designed to" and "may readily be converted to" only modify "weapon" not "frame or receiver."

Perhaps the best part was during oral argument, after I had questioned Lt. Col. Scott Price of the PSP (who I genuinely like) and solicited testimony from him that he purchased a non-firearm object within the past several months and had it shipped to his house without going through an FFL. During oral argument, Judge Brobson pulled no punches and said to opposing counsel - You're telling me that this statutory text, as has existed since 1995, so clearly applies to these objects, but your own witness, a Lt Col of the PSP, testified that he didn't think the law required him to go through an FFL and obtained one of the objects without doing so? Opposing counsel's response is that they aren't applying it retroactively...let that one sink in for a bit..
    Thank you for the update.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

The government is beating around the bush with this issue. The goal is to criminalize the manufacturing of weapons by civilians period. They would like to raid your homes to search for raw materials as well as the tools necessary for production. They’ve started beating the drums on this topic during the local news broadcasts in Pittsburgh. We are dealing with enemies of the American way of life. Can you imagine the level of anti constitutional encroachment coupled with red flag laws this portends? I’m warning you...the government sees the constitution as null and void. They are only paying lip service to it. Look how unaffected the Virginia “legislators” are after an impressive rally. The bureaucrats see themselves as kings...your rulers. Not to be questioned for their crimes and injustices. Not .000001 % of the time. So while we debate the issue of permanent loss of a God giving right because someone has a serious issue with alcohol (remember the politicians, judges and law enforcement struggle along with us but are rarely held to account), they are plotting the next move.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by arrowtech View Post
    The government is beating around the bush with this issue. The goal is to criminalize the manufacturing of weapons by civilians period. They would like to raid your homes to search for raw materials as well as the tools necessary for production. They’ve started beating the drums on this topic during the local news broadcasts in Pittsburgh. We are dealing with enemies of the American way of life. Can you imagine the level of anti constitutional encroachment coupled with red flag laws this portends? I’m warning you...the government sees the constitution as null and void. They are only paying lip service to it. Look how unaffected the Virginia “legislators” are after an impressive rally. The bureaucrats see themselves as kings...your rulers. Not to be questioned for their crimes and injustices. Not .000001 % of the time. So while we debate the issue of permanent loss of a God giving right because someone has a serious issue with alcohol (remember the politicians, judges and law enforcement struggle along with us but are rarely held to account), they are plotting the next move.
    I don't disagree I feel like something bad is brewing in this country, and paranoid or not I feel like the rest of the world is waiting for us to implode on ourselves so they can step in and take over.

(York County)

IM an FFL dealer and have received all of the documentation from the PSP on these. however, there are some very open ended wording on these forms that lends me to question them. first, I saw that the wording doesn't strictly state "80% receiver" which means this could also apply to any casting or billet that has not been machined in any way. it also does not strictly state any specific models such as AR, AK, GLOCK, etc. would this new law now encompass AK receiver flats? does it also encompass all of those Sten tubes with templates on them that were sold back in the 90s? does this now also include DUMMY machine guns, DUMMY sub guns, and dummy plates/tubes that have not been assembled into dummy/display guns? if it does, then this should also be communicated!

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast