Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Ruger-57...as in 5.7x28!

Ruger has brought us a new pistol in 5.7x28 for half the street price of the FN FiveseveN. To say I'm looking forward to this is a bit of an understatement.

20191221_130304-660x321.jpg

https://ruger.com/micros/57/

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...view-ruger-57/

Default Re: The Ruger-57...as in 5.7x28!

Shot show is coming up in a week or so and Ruger is once again dropping some pretty nice things. I am defiantly interested in this since I could never bring myself to drop the cash on the FN version.

I find this guy doing the review to be highly annoying so I will wait for some of the better reviewers to get their hands on them. I went through one from Gunblast earlier today just to see the pistol and get the MSRP but that guy loves every gun you pay him to love so again I will wait for a real review of one.

I expect this one to be out of stock for awhile once it's released and selling for more then it should for the 1st 6 months to a year.

(Elk County)

They announce the recall yet?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Shot show is coming up in a week or so and Ruger is once again dropping some pretty nice things. I am defiantly interested in this since I could never bring myself to drop the cash on the FN version.

I find this guy doing the review to be highly annoying so I will wait for some of the better reviewers to get their hands on them. I went through one from Gunblast earlier today just to see the pistol and get the MSRP but that guy loves every gun you pay him to love so again I will wait for a real review of one.
    I actually like Hop's reviews. His dry sense of humor matches my own at times.

Here's 22plinkster's review. To me he's not much better than Jeff Quinn in the way he loves everything he gets paid to shoot, but he's not Hop, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I actually like Hop's reviews. His dry sense of humor matches my own at times.

Here's 22plinkster's review. To me he's not much better than Jeff Quinn in the way he loves everything he gets paid to shoot, but he's not Hop, lol.

Yeah he's a paid guy too but he's very likable and doesn't say dumb stuff like Jeff tends too.

I just came across Hop for the 1st time last night with the LCP 22lr review and I felt like I was watching an autistic lesbian give a gun review. Not for me I guess.

I do think James is pretty good on TFB even when he is orgasming over all things Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I expect this one to be out of stock for awhile once it's released and selling for more then it should for the 1st 6 months to a year.
    For as much I want one, I'm not rushing out to buy it. Word around the Internet water cooler is there are other 5.7 guns being announced at or around SHOT this year. I'm going to wait to see what's new and if there's something more compelling.

Also, I predict this gun will sell out quickly, but you will see used ones hit the market almost as fast when people realize that ammo for these is not cheap. Hopefully as more manufacturers bring out new guns, there will be other ammo manufacturers and prices will drop. But that's a ways off. So far Speer is the only one to announce a new Gold Dot 5.7 round.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    They announce the recall yet?

Noah
    Yes. Right before they announced the gun. But they said not to tell you.

(Allegheny County)

As long as this maybe brings down the cost of ammo for my FN Five seveN, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    As long as this maybe brings down the cost of ammo for my FN Five seveN, I'll be happy.
    Only way that will happen is if other ammo makers offer some competition to FN and American Eagle. I'd like to think that with CMMG's Banshee in 5.7 and now the Ruger-57, there is enough interest to kick start 5.7 ammo production again, but we'll see. It also depends on who else brings out what at SHOT next month.

(Chester County)

Are non-steel core 5.7x28mm rounds worth it over 9/40/45? Regardless, this is actually a pretty cool step for Ruger. If street price is $600 or below, I think a lot will sell.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast