Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Elk County)

Default Re: RUGER LITE RACK LVP ll IN 22 LR !

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Didn't know this was coming out so thanks for sharing. This defiantly intrigues me being I want to teach my daughter how to use a handgun especially in an emergency and I want something small enough for her hands that is easily manipulated while being as reliable as possible.

This will be on the short list as well as the S&W .380 EZ which still might be too much for my daughter.

If you want to stick with Ruger for your daughter's instruction, IMO the SR22 is a much better proposition, having used one to teach a number of people, including pre-adolescent and adolescent females.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    If you want to stick with Ruger for your daughter's instruction, IMO the SR22 is a much better proposition, having used one to teach a number of people, including pre-adolescent and adolescent females.

Noah
    I am not stuck on any one brand I just find myself needing something small enough for her hands but would like to stick with a normal manual of arms like my standard centerfire pistols. I do want a manual safety on this for training needs so that is a must. I really want the TX 22lr but the grip is defiantly going to be to large for her. I will look into the Ruger SR-22 pistol I handed one about 6 years ago at a store for a second then moved on to something else more shiny. If it has the option for fiber optic sights that would be a huge plus.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Noah
    ^^^this^^^ would be a good idea. The Walther p22 is around that size too. Both have pretty small grips.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I am not stuck on any one brand I just find myself needing something small enough for her hands but would like to stick with a normal manual of arms like my standard centerfire pistols. I do want a manual safety on this for training needs so that is a must. I really want the TX 22lr but the grip is defiantly going to be to large for her. I will look into the Ruger SR-22 pistol I handed one about 6 years ago at a store for a second then moved on to something else more shiny. If it has the option for fiber optic sights that would be a huge plus.
    I'd suggest the SR22 for learning DA/SA pistols. It has an external hammer and safety/decocker. The grip is smaller and it has an included bigger grip.

For learning striker fired pistols I'd go towards the M&P Compact .22 because it doesn't have a decocker or external hammer - just the manual safety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12