Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Unhappy Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

SUGARLOAF TOWNSHIP–A couple from the Benton area is looking for answers after their dog was shot in the woods by their house. They believe their German Shephard was killed by a hunter.

“Whoever did this took part of my life away from me,” Jan Watts said.

Jan and Kathy Watts held back tears as they described their two-year-old German Shephard, Kaiser.

“He was not an animal or even a dog to me. He was my best friend, my buddy, my pal,” Jan said.

https://wnep.com/2020/01/02/family-d...d-near-benton/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125618[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Family Dog Shot and Killed Near Benton

God forbid if I ever see anybody do that. I read about it all the time. I'm saying this publicly,
    if you harm/kill my dog, you will stop breathing.

I like dogs. If you value your dog , keep it confined to your property then. Dogs chasing deer or people are fair game.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I like dogs. If you value your dog , keep it confined to your property then. Dogs chasing deer or people are fair game.
    ^^^ this. I like dogs too; add farm animals and my horses to the list of things dogs shouldn’t be chasing.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

I do during the season, and it only stays on our property where no one should be trespassing.
    If it were killed the way you say, why didn't the hunter stay on scene and call the game commission?
    I call BS on the dog chasing a deer, some assholes just like to kill, I knew someone like that.

I agree !

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    ^^^ this. I like dogs too; add farm animals and my horses to the list of things dogs shouldn’t be chasing.
    I agree guys. If I saw a dog around my house chasing a deer I would not shoot the dog. If I saw the same thing in the mountains where I hunt, that dog would get dropped. The difference is the amount of deer in the area's. Around my house I stop my truck so the herd can cross the road. In the mountains the deer are not so thick. It all comes down to the circumstance and using common sense.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

I wouldn't shoot either. If it was chasing me , that's different. The Husky I had growing up was never tied or chained. We lived out in the sticks and he was a hunter. We were always in the woods and he would always flush something out , or I'd see him shredding a rabbit , pheasant or groundhog. He died when I was away in the Navy and I learned of his death while home on leave. There was lots of development going on and my father told me he found him dead in the woods behind the house. Didn't tell me how or why , but I always suspected he was shot by someone hunting or shooting in the woods. I came across others in those woods who said they thought he was a wolf. And yes , if I came across someone who took a shot at him , , , well , , ,
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    God forbid if I ever see anybody do that. I read about it all the time. I'm saying this publicly,
    if you harm/kill my dog, you will stop breathing.
    Well...there is much information that was left out of this article, so we may never know for certain. All I can say is that state law requires dogs to be leashed OR UNDER CONTROL. Even if the dog is on your property, if it is far enough away from you to be shot without you knowing about it (whether by a trespasser or not) it was NOT under control.

In this example, I fault the owner with the dog's death more than I do the shooter. This is owner's negligence just the same as owners who don't train their dogs not to bite people in public.

If you own a dog, train the damn thing properly!

Another way to convey that your dog is not a feral stray...spend a couple bucks on a safety vest. No one will confuse my dog for a coyote or a feral animal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Well...there is much information that was left out of this article, so we may never know for certain. All I can say is that state law requires dogs to be leashed OR UNDER CONTROL. Even if the dog is on your property, if it is far enough away from you to be shot without you knowing about it (whether by a trespasser or not) it was NOT under control.

In this example, I fault the owner with the dog's death more than I do the shooter. This is owner's negligence just the same as owners who don't train their dogs not to bite people in public.

If you own a dog, train the damn thing properly!

Another way to convey that your dog is not a feral stray...spend a couple bucks on a safety vest. No one will confuse my dog for a coyote or a feral animal.

Now there you go again using logic and common sense. I can tell you that 90% of the dog owners I know or that I have come across with unleashed dog's running free in state parks do not know this and when they find out still do not care.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sandcut again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast