Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Mil surp collectors

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    Just get the darned C & R. Well spent money and there are plenty of dealers out there who specialize in sales to the 03 type license holders.

Yes some dealers don't want to honor your C & R. Mallins Gun shop in the Buck was one. Jerry could be a real pia about it, of course he also insisted on background checks on muzzleloaders. Any firearm older than 1969 is now technically a C & R gun, its just proving the it so that a dealer will take the gun off of his books when you want to transfer it. No problem if you're buying a 1907 Savage automatic pistol, not so easy to determine with a something produced up to the present day. So while some dealers try to make your life difficult because they don't know the law, or are uncertain if a gun qualifies, or just don't want to lose the money from the transfer fee, it doesn't take away that the license is worth it if you buy qualifying guns from time to time. The license is good for five years. If you have "enough" toys at the end of that time, you can let it lapse.

Moving back to my point: The C & R will allow you to skip a lot of paperwork with those shops where they know how to deal with them appropriately.
    Actually the length of validity is 3 years, just got my 11th renewal. Dave_n

(York County)

My bad and I just renewed it.

(Cumberland County)

Any y'all got any good C and R guns I'd be interested to buy ����? I usually look for odd ball stuff so I'm taking a shot in the dark.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MasonH1997 View Post
    Any y'all got any good C and R guns I'd be interested to buy ����? I usually look for odd ball stuff so I'm taking a shot in the dark.
    No pun intended?
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonH1997 View Post
    I might be looking to sell or possibly trade a legit Mosin Nagant 91/30 PU sniper and matching scope and an excellent barrel in the next few weeks.

The only trade Iím looking for is a nice M1 Garand.

(Cumberland County)

I don't have a Garand to trade and I have a PU scope being given to me here pretty soon . My bad. two biggest things on my list at the moment are a VIS 35 or what some call a Polish Radom. And a Hungarian 35M and 43M. Also big into bayonets and have been after a Norwegian Krag bayonet for my 1894 Norwegian Krag. Probably taking a shot in the dark here but well see.
    Last edited by MasonH1997; January 1st, 2020 at 02:02 PM.

The VIZ 35 is a great pistol and one your most likely going to have to pick up on the auction sights since itís typically more rare the the common WWII bring back pistols. Unfortunately that also means your going to pay top dollar for it especially if you come across a decent example at a gun show.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The VIZ 35 is a great pistol and one your most likely going to have to pick up on the auction sights since it’s typically more rare the the common WWII bring back pistols. Unfortunately that also means your going to pay top dollar for it especially if you come across a decent example at a gun show.
    Yeah I see people asking over $1000 for a type 3 with only 2 levers and that's just not what they'd go for. Now for a decent type two with all 3 levers I'd be more willing to pay that for. Last gun show in York just this past weekend had several VIS 35s mostly beat Type 3s. Plenty of overpriced people. Haven't gone into auctions much besides Redding Auction in Gettysburg. They just sold a Lewis Gun in 303. I'd buy it but the wife will kill me haha.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234