Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Good guy shoots bad guy shooter at West Freeway Church of Christ in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    How many died in the gay night club shooting till police arrived because not a single person in there was armed. How many died here? Math so simple that even a liberal can do it.
    All the math in the world can't overcome denial.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

PickingPA Guest

Default Re: Good guy shoots bad guy shooter at West Freeway Church of Christ in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    All the math in the world can't overcome denial.
    Indoctrination is a tough nut to crack

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Ken Hackathorn goes into extensive detail about what happens in mass shootings, especially in churches, and discusses core concepts behind stopping an active shooter.

Great post...

PickingPA Guest

First interview. This man is squared away and has his crap in order

(Erie County)

Will Poppa Joe say the congregation shouldn't be armed, like he did here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=328245

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Don't confront an active shooter before you clear your holster. He should have had it in his hand before he got up out of the pew.
    He was already standing if I recall correctly. He needed a real quick draw but chances are he would have been shot either way. The guy has his finger on the trigger. I wonder if he had a TAC-14 or something. So what is the big deal with "sawed off" shotguns if you can buy a TAC-14?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Feign motion to the right just before moving left
    Ahh, the RINO strategy. It works in PA every time.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    He was already standing if I recall correctly. He needed a real quick draw but chances are he would have been shot either way. The guy has his finger on the trigger. I wonder if he had a TAC-14 or something. So what is the big deal with "sawed off" shotguns if you can buy a TAC-14?
    I was referring to the first person to get shot. He was sitting but off to the side, not in the pews like I thought.

He stood up a full two to three seconds before he drew. Unfortunately, he was killed before he could even get on target.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Here's a question: Would a hired security guard, uniformed or in plainclothes, have been able to stop this?

I think there's a good chance that a sole guard gets shot. Here, they have multiple trained volunteers, plus multiple parishioners who may or not be trained. Multiple layers of defenses. We should use terms that younger people would understand. This is crowdsourced security.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Here's a question: Would a hired security guard, uniformed or in plainclothes, have been able to stop this?

I think there's a good chance that a sole guard gets shot. Here, they have multiple trained volunteers, plus multiple parishioners who may or not be trained. Multiple layers of defenses. We should use terms that younger people would understand. This is crowdsourced security.
    I think the presence of a hired guard, especially in uniform, brings the situation to a head immediately in the lobby when the guy walks in. Either the guard spots and questions the guy who was by all accounts clearly in disguise and acting strange, or the gunman spots the guard and takes him out first. Either way, we have gunfire being exchanged in what may be a crowded lobby where everyone is standing (vital organs at shotgun level) A situation possibly MORE chaotic than what actually occurred.

Yes, the deep concealment draw is certainly hard to watch as the gentleman tries to react but comes nowhere close to being able to.

The flip side is that an aware gunman may see an open carrier and drop him with the first shot. Just as he would likely do to a uniformed guard. A shooter intends on being the only one holding a gun. Uniformed or open carry becomes the shooter’s first target.

Crowdsourced security....nice

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast