Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Good guy shoots bad guy shooter at West Freeway Church of Christ in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    If he praised the guy who took down the shooter, I missed it. Thanking the governor first?
    Bootlicking at its finest.

Noticed how he thanked the government for giving the right to defend ones right to life.

Pastors/priests/reverend's/ministers/etc all got rolled up in fema indoctrination programs, turning churches into femas centers among other things.

PickingPA Guest

Default Re: Good guy shoots bad guy shooter at West Freeway Church of Christ in Texas

Good guy has now been identified as an ex FBI agent.

Now the media will run with it, since he’s former law enforcement not just an average citizen

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Interesting comment from one of the articles about this incident:
    Interesting.

Sounds like treason.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Good guy has now been identified as an ex FBI agent.

Now the media will run with it, since he’s former law enforcement not just an average citizen
    Fox is on it too. They are now talking about the churches "security team".

(Lehigh County)

TX Lt. Gov. Praises Armed Parishioners, Calls Them ‘Immediate Responders’
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...te-responders/
    Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) praised the reaction of armed parishioners during the White Settlement church attack, referring to them as “immediate responders.”

Breitbart News reported a man opened fire in the church Sunday morning, only to be shot and killed when a good guy with a gun returned fire. Fox News reports that a second parishioner who serves on the church security team shot the attacker as well.

The Dallas Morning News quoted Lt. Gov. Patrick saying:

The immediate responder is the most important. The citizen responder. Because even though the chief’s brave officers were here in less than a minute … by the time they got here, the shooting was over. And that always happens, that over 50 percent of shootings, our first responders, it’s usually over when they get there, no matter how hard they try.

Gov. Greg Abbott (R) signed bills allowing law-abiding citizens to be armed in churches following the heinous November 5, 2017, attack in Sutherland Springs, Texas.
    --ET

PickingPA Guest

The church security team appears to be legit. Albeit a volunteer group of church members with this former FBI agent being the organizer.

It’s still private citizens with personal firearms defending their place of worship. I’m sure they had a game plan and probably held an active shooter training activity. -Preparedness is a virtue-

But it’s not a private security firm with plainclothes guards as this will continue to be spun.

It *should* be hailed as a great example of proactive, responsible citizens who understand the importance of being prepared at all times

AND.....when seconds count.....

Suspect was shot dead within 6 seconds

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    There are still some anti's who are saying that the shooter shot himself. Even after the police statement said he was shot by the parishioners.
    I have also heard them trying to downplay the response by saying it was the church security guard who stepped in and not some random concealed carry member.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Now the Libs (Progressives) are spinning this as the work of some kind of "official Security Team" within the church when it was just average folks legally carrying.
    It is likely the church had a predesignated security team. It is increasingly common. Before we moved the church we attended was setting one up, including contact information for all the parents in case children were evacuated from the church.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by birdwooddog View Post
    Hero was Jack Wilson, long time owner of a firearms training facility

He is running for county commissioner
    Here is his campaign Facebook page with a post about the incident

https://m.facebook.com/Jack-Wilson-C...8631773948832/
    Facebook post no longer there. This is why we copy/paste items we're discussing, because things go missing online.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    The church security team appears to be legit. Albeit a volunteer group of church members with this former FBI agent being the organizer.

It’s still private citizens with personal firearms defending their place of worship. I’m sure they had a game plan and probably held an active shooter training activity. -Preparedness is a virtue-

But it’s not a private security firm with plainclothes guards as this will continue to be spun.

It *should* be hailed as a great example of proactive, responsible citizens who understand the importance of being prepared at all times

AND.....when seconds count.....

Suspect was shot dead within 6 seconds
    They might be implying that the new law wasn't a factor because churches could have armed security inside the church all along with or without that law. I don't know which is right. Regardless of how they want to spin it, this time the public saw it as an armed civilian stopping a killing spree. I am still amazed at the shot. I can barely make 4 inch groups at 7 yards.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast