So, if you've seen my shop question, you know I'm looking for Sig P229 Legion RX. The main thing that prompted this on short notice was that they just let us know that Constables can qualify with a second firearm again. So I wanted to go for a better model of the Sig that I've been very happy with.

However, apparently due to a model change where the Legion RX is going to be going with a different model reflex sight sometime next year. So, currently, I can't find one locally. I can find them on Gunbroker, so I do have that option.

Locally, I can find quite a few P229 RXs and P229 Legions. The main reason I decided I would like to get the Legion RX was for the underbarrel rail for a light, and the reflex sight. I can get both on the standard RX. If I get a plain Legion, I can probably get a slide conversion kit for the new model RX when it comes out (probably for about $700-800).

Should I just get the RX, and then maybe a year or two down the road get the Legion RX? Or get a Legion now and the slide sometime next year?

The reason I'm hesitant to just get one on Gunbroker is I'm going to be using about $300 in Visa gift cards on it, and while the local shops I've asked about it don't have a problem, I haven't been able to get a response from the Gunbroker sellers yet.

And the reason I'm trying to get it by the end of the year is I haven't had a lot of expenses as a constable this year and would like to offset some of of my income.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.