Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Reliable, inexpensive dot or acog style optic for an AR

I’ve been seeing the vortex amg uh-1 coming in under three bills too

(Fayette County)

Primary Arms has some nice stuff too. Here's a 3x red dot for $288 and its a very rugged optic.
    https://www.amazon.com/Primary-Arms-...7576435&sr=8-3
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Allegheny County)

I've been happy with this, I think I paid $169 for mine you'll have to look for deals.

https://www.amazon.com/HOLOSUN-HS403.../dp/B00U2KMVCI

From The Firearm Blog:
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...osun-red-dots/
    Last edited by K.C.; December 29th, 2019 at 12:49 PM.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Lawrence County)

I wouldn't trust a Romeo (they tend to lapse in accessories when newer models come out) or a Vortex. My vote's for Holosun.

Lycangoldorgreenthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Juniata County)

Thanks for all the replies.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    I wouldn't trust a Romeo (they tend to lapse in accessories when newer models come out) or a Vortex. My vote's for Holosun.

Lycangoldorgreenthrope
    Holosun is the manufacturer of the SIG Romeo and most of their other optics, as well as Primary arms and probably 90% of the rebranded $35-$150.00 optics on Amazon. They are a factory that can make anything branded to anyone with a number of specs and features depending on the quoted price range.

I have several Holosun's the most expensive being the 515GM which is their "military grade" version and it is a step above the others I own when it comes to the materials it's made of as well as a few features.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/holosun...o-hs515gm.html

That being said I have 3 Sig Romeo 5's now on rifles or braced pistols that I use just for range or competition fun. They are robust as hell and made to the same standard as any other Holosun 403 or 503 unit that I have. The battery life is excellent at 20-50k hours and the shake awake feature works just as well as it's Holosun cousins. What makes it awesome is it's $99-$120.00 price tag depending on mounting needs especially when your outfitting a bunch of different firearms.

While being more expensive and not having the excellent battery life of the Sig Romeo 5 the Vortex Sparc AR does well when it comes to abuse and longevity. One big positive is the life time warranty and excellent customer service that Vortex has.

Funny the newer Romeo 5 XDR or the XDR Predator have a lot of the features as the Vortex Sparc AR and also offer the duel reticle like many Holosuns do so I wouldn't be surprised if they also make Vortex red dots as well. Holosun has two major manufacture facilities one in China and the other in Japan.

https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-SOR...47&sr=8-1&th=1

61cDULaiIdL._SL1080_.jpg
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 30th, 2019 at 07:24 PM.

(Juniata County)

Lycangoldorgreenthrope
    Would you say this is a problem if you plan on tossing it on a rifle and not changing the set up much after that?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Would you say this is a problem if you plan on tossing it on a rifle and not changing the set up much after that?
    It depends. Finding a mount for an early Romeo was a year long process and I finally had to order custom. Add to the fact that Sig gave me some of the worst customer service of my life regarding a gun and it's very difficult for me to recommend it.

Lycanhopeitneverbreaksthrope

It depends. Finding a mount for an early Romeo was a year long process and I finally had to order custom. Add to the fact that Sig gave me some of the worst customer service of my life regarding a gun and it's very difficult for me to recommend it.

Lycanhopeitneverbreaksthrope
    They come with two mounts from the factory, were you looking for a QD or trying to fit it to something strange? American Defense has been making a QD mount that fits it since 2017.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    They come with two mounts from the factory, were you looking for a QD or trying to fit it to something strange? American Defense has been making a QD mount that fits it since 2017.
    It was a Romeo 1 with all the pistol mounts. I wanted to convert it to a picatinny rail. It was almost impossible to find as a stand alone piece last year and it was way too pricey.

Lycannotasigfanthrope

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast