Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Process question (order of operations)

Quote Originally Posted by MD66948 View Post
    I sort between military and commercial. For me it is more of a safety procedure. Military brass is thicker and your pressures will be higher using the same load in commercial. If you are near max in commercial brass you could be over max with the same load in Military Brass.
    I will say this is true for .308 / 7.62x51 but not for .223 / 5.56. I checked the volume of a large number of .223 / 5.56 cases with water and did not find a reason to sort them. I will have to dig up the numbers but I think the range of 5.56 case volumes were all over the place, some higher and some lower than any .223 case volume. I came up with a modest load that works in any case I load.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Susquehanna County)

Got my lights the set was ordered through www.MaxMySafe.com and it is the Lite Tech Reloading Press Light for Dillion 550 and 650. Not too visible in the photos is a separate light set in a grommet assembly that fits into the center hoe in hte tool head and shines down directly on the shell plate. All very good! The installation was simple, used actetone to clean the mounting location. The only difficulty arose trying to separate the protective strip from the mounting strip.

100_1157 (586x800).jpgThe bad part, the company's packaging was crappy only a single plastic bag so the cover of the power supply adapter was broken. Fortunately internals not damaged so the unit works. Now jury-rigged top in place and working.100_1158 (573x800).jpg

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MD66948 View Post
    I sort between military and commercial. For me it is more of a safety procedure. Military brass is thicker and your pressures will be higher using the same load in commercial. If you are near max in commercial brass you could be over max with the same load in Military Brass.
    Water weight and quickloads is the only way to determine the capacity and pressure differences between brass manufacturers.
    unless you are loading to max charges (why?) and messing with short COL there shouldn't be a concern.

I have compared water weights between commercial and nato brass and have found no direct correlation between nato head stamp and commercial brass.

they are all different.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234