Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Beretta 81 Oaks Show Find

Nice gun! Aim Surplus just started selling them too. Not a big fan of the .32 only because of the cost of that round and the difficulty of finding them in a retail store.
    Now if that was in 380, I'd be all over it!
    Toujours prêt

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    I was standing next to you when you were doing that. Remember saying to myself not to buy from this vendor! Didn't want guns with parts mashed together. I came very close to getting one too but couldn't get over pitting. Saw them for as low as $125. Yes, they were attractively priced but I think they'll be around. You pulled the trigger. I didn't. Great looking gun.
    Haha caught in the act!!! The vendor was a little iffy on my proposition, but it got him some cash in his pocket. And I figured with a quality pistol like a Beretta the tolerance stacking of various parts wouldn't be an issue. So far I've been proven correct since it functions great. And only the frame is serialized so who would know.

Update for my little Beretta: got a sight pusher and took care of the windage (need to shoot it to confirm). Also I decided I needed to clean the FP channel and extractor. I used a thin punch to tap the staking back in place, disassembled and cleaned. It wasn't as dirty as I thought but my OCD can rest now. I put it back together and used a 3/8 flathead screwdriver to stake the extractor pin back. The staking looks pretty clean and I'm glad I went through with it.

And $125?! Shit might have to search that out in the March show even just for the magazine and to use as spare parts...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Nice gun! Aim Surplus just started selling them too. Not a big fan of the .32 only because of the cost of that round and the difficulty of finding them in a retail store.
    Now if that was in 380, I'd be all over it!
    I'd say don't worry about it. You probably won't shoot it that much to factor in ammo cost too much. Midway has Fiocchi for $14 and free shipping over $49. The cool factor is worth the couple extra bucks per box IMO.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Haha caught in the act!!! The vendor was a little iffy on my proposition, but it got him some cash in his pocket. And I figured with a quality pistol like a Beretta the tolerance stacking of various parts wouldn't be an issue. So far I've been proven correct since it functions great. And only the frame is serialized so who would know.

Update for my little Beretta: got a sight pusher and took care of the windage (need to shoot it to confirm). Also I decided I needed to clean the FP channel and extractor. I used a thin punch to tap the staking back in place, disassembled and cleaned. It wasn't as dirty as I thought but my OCD can rest now. I put it back together and used a 3/8 flathead screwdriver to stake the extractor pin back. The staking looks pretty clean and I'm glad I went through with it.

And $125?! Shit might have to search that out in the March show even just for the magazine and to use as spare parts...
    When I circled back, he had one marked down to $100. Said the slide is super stiff for some reason, and it was. Sold as is. You probably could have figured it out. Anyway, a great deal in any shape. 32 is much maligned but in my hand it felt pretty potent. No less so than my Makarov. Trust me, it would have taken down that church shooter just the same.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I'd say don't worry about it. You probably won't shoot it that much to factor in ammo cost too much. Midway has Fiocchi for $14 and free shipping over $49. The cool factor is worth the couple extra bucks per box IMO.
    Geco is under $10 and finally coming back in stock. I just got a case for $179 from LAX. The old German RWS/Geco was the best .32 made. The new Ruag/Geco is Hungarian, and darn near as good. Midway had it on clearance last year for like 5.99 a box. Target Sports has it for $199 shipped but still not in stock.

I like the Fiocchi too. Many places have it for under $12. It disappeared for a month or two after this batch of 81's came into the country.

(Bucks County)

Dang I missed them somehow. I would have entertained one of them.

I heard several vendors saying Friday was unusually slow for sales. So its not surprising getting a little cash into the vendor's pocket convinced him to let you play matchmaker.

Isn't the Oaks December show usually a week or two earlier? This time it was three days before Christmas and that may have played into the slow sales.

(Allegheny County)

(Armstrong County)

That's a great deal! I picked up an 81BB from AIMSurplus. Great looking and great shooting pistol!

(Berks County)

Anyone in the Philly area have these in stock?
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Erie County)

Classic firearms has them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast