Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Thumbs down Wanted man was already in jail when agents raided his former home and shot woman insi

Guess she received a early Xmas present from the sheriff's task force .

MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) -- The man who investigators were looking to arrest was already in jail when a task force raided his former home in Wilmer on Thursday morning.

Ann Rylee, a 19-year-old woman who now lives at the home on Old Moffat Road, was shot several times as investigators made their way inside the house. Mobile County Sheriff Sam Cochran claims that Rylee had a shotgun in her hand and pointed it at officers.

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/mobile_...f3725f06f.html

(Washington County)

Default Re: Wanted man was already in jail when agents raided his former home and shot woman

He added, "If she would not have pointed a gun at the agents they would have determined all that on the scene and would have bid her a good day and thank you very much."
    So it's her fault, I guess. Wow, what an asshole.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Wanted man was already in jail when agents raided his former home and shot woman

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    So it's her fault, I guess. Wow, what an asshole.
    "you prepared to defend yourself against an illegal assault, so it's your fault you got shot."

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    "you prepared to defend yourself against an illegal assault, so it's your fault you got shot."
    Of all the stories I've heard over the years; about authorities doing no-knock raids or raids on wrong houses/people.
    I recall only ONE that eventually resulted in a somewhat positive outcome.

If I recall correctly. It was police in Indiana did a no-knock raid on a trailer home in the middle of the night. The resident of the trailer used a shotgun under his bed to shoot and kill at least one officer as they broke into his trailer.
    And a jury ultimately found the resident NOT GUILTY.
    (I'll add a link if I can find related news story.)
    --ET

(Beaver County)

They were just following orders.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    Guess she received a early Xmas present from the sheriff's task force .

MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) -- The man who investigators were looking to arrest was already in jail when a task force raided his former home in Wilmer on Thursday morning.

Ann Rylee, a 19-year-old woman who now lives at the home on Old Moffat Road, was shot several times as investigators made their way inside the house. Mobile County Sheriff Sam Cochran claims that Rylee had a shotgun in her hand and pointed it at officers.

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/mobile_...f3725f06f.html

Cochran said, "The entry team was giving her orders, 'Drop the gun, put the gun down, drop the gun,' several times over a period of a few seconds." He continued, "She pointed the gun at one of them and two or three agents fired upon her."

Family members told FOX10 News that Rylee is hospitalized in stable condition and is expected to survive. The family also disputed the sheriff's claims and said that the agents never identified themselves as law enforcement and never told Rylee to drop the gun.

Ann Rylee
    Ann Rylee

Family photograph
    The task force serving the warrants were at the home looking for Nicholas McLeod. Family members said McLeod hasn't lived at that address for a while, and that Rylee and McLeod's nephew currently live there.

McLeod was booked into jail around 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, about 15 hours before investigators raided his former home.

Sheriff Cochran said, "We do know that there is a miscommunication in this situation. We don't know the exact cause. We have narrowed it down to one of two things."

He said one cause could be that investigators did not run one final check before sending teams out to make the arrest. The second cause could be a problem where a computer system did not communicate that the warrants were no longer active.

He added, "If she would not have pointed a gun at the agents they would have determined all that on the scene and would have bid her a good day and thank you very much."

The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office, Homeland Security, and US Customs and Border Patrol conducted the raid. Sheriff Cochran said that the shots were not fired by Mobile County Sheriff's Office deputies. He said the Alabama State Bureau of Investigation will be the agency investigating the shooting.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Sounds to me like they broke into a home illegally with an invalid warrant, after lying to the judge about knowing the location of the suspect.

Then, from their own statements they made no effort to identify themselves to the resident.

Every cop involved should be facing homicide charges.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    They were just following orders.
    But muh pension!

(Lancaster County)

Obviously the fault of the IT department since the computer didn't let them know the warrant was no longer valid. Nevermind that the data they had for the address of the guy wasn't valid, I guess no one even bothered to determine who actually lived there before the raid. All just simple mistakes that anyone could make, how can you guys possibly condemn them. You guys ain't cops, you have no right to point out their failures.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Sounds to me like they broke into a home illegally with an invalid warrant, after lying to the judge about knowing the location of the suspect.

Then, from their own statements they made no effort to identify themselves to the resident.

Every cop involved should be facing homicide charges.
    Every cop involved should be convicted of homicide charges and in prison.
    Fixed.

At what point does the general public start striking back at these thugs ?
    --ET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast