Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default New carry gun(I built)

I had been wanting a smaller, striker fire carry for sometime. I’ve also been keeping an eye on THESE 80% frames for several years. They just haven’t seemed like all the bugs were worked out. Well, it’s been probably a year or so since I had checked on them. A couple months ago I was all set to pick up an SW Shield, or FNS-9c, but I came across the Polymer80 frames again. Did some quick study, and it seems they have perfected the design.

So I decided to take a chance on one. Found a great deal on a Sub Compact frame (the Glock26 version), and man was I right! It is perfect! I’m glad I made this choice. Sone might know I am a builder through & through! I’m at the point now all my guns are built with 80% receivers/frames now.

Frame comes with it’s own jig. The rails need machined flush, the barrel channel needs a wall cleared & several holes drilled for the pins.

The machining finished, the frame needs parts. It accepts ALL Glock 26 parts.

Then I needed a slide, barrel & parts. I found a company that makes these SS slides, Nitride treated(same thing as Glock’s Tenifer), with the angled & forward slide serrations. And it made in USA! Once again it was taking a chance...but my hunches on parts are almost always correct. I do my homework on things!

The barrel is OEM Glock 26. All of the internals are Billet replacement parts made by Shadow Systems. Most people don’t know that Glock internal parts are MIM...and I HATE MIM parts. I’ll replace them whenever I can. Shadow Systems are exacting tolerance parts as OEM, but made from billet steel. Or polymer like the OEM parts. The magazines I use are Magpul 12rd with the pinky extender. I have HUGE hands. This mag allows me a full grip, but has no extra to spare! I couldn’t be happier with going this route. It cost a little more than buying a gen 3 Glock26, but building isn’t about saving money! And in the end it’s basically a Glock 26 on STEROIDS!! The frame, the rails and the internal parts are ALL tougher & better quality than OEM Glock.
    Last edited by DavidH; December 22nd, 2019 at 12:30 PM.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New carry gun(I built)

P80 should have molded in the words "TRUE Perfection" into those lowers from what I've read.

(Delaware County)

LOL! Well, I can say they are really nice. As long as the users machining skills are up to snuff, the lower be absolutely be flawless!

All the parts fit & function perfectly in my P80 frame. The barrel/slide fit is perfect. Lockup is concise. For all intents & purpose, it feels like a Glock 26! And it fits in Glock holsters easily. I don’t know you you can label anything “true perfect”, but I can certainly say it’s “perfect” for me!

(Allegheny County)

David,
    Awesome build. I have a gen4 26, great pistol, great size. Having one you built yourself, even better!

Enjoy. What sights are on it? How does she shoot?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    David,
    Awesome build. I have a gen4 26, great pistol, great size. Having one you built yourself, even better!

Enjoy. What sights are on it? How does she shoot?
    Thank you much my friend! Just has the stock sights. I’m not too much about sights. I’ve been shooting a long time, and was an instructor as well. I’m not the best by any stretch...(especially since losing jay left eye, and a paralyzed left arm/hand), but I can stick rounds pretty much where I want within 15yds distance. (90% of my training & instruction was actually between 7-10yds!, and ALL of it was using CENTER MASS!) So stock sights work just fine. I do like the Ameriglo Hackathorn, and May pick them up at some point. But these will be fine for now.

I actually have not been to the range as of yet. I’m disabled & I don’t drive. And my 20yo son has been busy these last few weeks since I finished building it. I rarely even go out, save for Church on Sunday. I’ll get to the range here probably after the New Year.

I certainly would not want to be the test case for carrying that in Philly. No ser.no. Not in PSP ROS database. No proof of ownership. And whatever else a cop can think of.

I'd carry a copy of this. I do as I often carry a pistol I ought under my C&R , which some PSP says they don't recognize as legal.

pspconfis.jpg
    Last edited by abner13; December 23rd, 2019 at 11:51 AM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I certainly would not want to be the test case for carrying that in Philly. No ser.no. Not in PSP ROS database. No proof of ownership. And whatever else a cop can think of.

I'd carry a copy of this. I do as I often carry a pistol I ought under my C&R , which some PSP says they don't recognize as legal.

Well I understand your concern. And as I stated in my previous post, it WAS like that not so long ago. But in this age where NO ONE can escape a video camera for their actions, Philadelphia police can no longer act as THEIR word is LAW! Especially those laws which are already Federal and items the Supreme Court has ruled on.

I carry this EXACT weapon EVERY time I go into Philadelphia! I live just outside, in Delco. In fact, I would invite Phily PD to try to rough me up, take my weapon & arrest me....based on me being engaged in LEGAL ACTIVITY with a LEGAL FIREARM!! The city would end up paying me several MILLION dollars! I’d be on board for that!

Again abner, I appreciate your your concern...but it’s misplaced. I recommend you re-familiarize yourself with both PA & FEDERAL firearms laws... And read about the latest CCW case the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled on.

A couple years back, Philadelphia Pd had subsequent training on civilians and Concealed Carry. They know better now.
    Last edited by DavidH; December 23rd, 2019 at 03:07 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post

pspconfis.jpg
    ^^^^^^^
    A registry of handguns which is illegal in PA. They can use whatever weasel words they want but the only reason they keep this list is when they decide to confiscate firearms from citizens they will have a pretty comprehensive list on where to start. They don't need to know who owns a gun for any other reason. The explanation above is pure crap.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Well I understand your concern. And as I stated in my previous post, it WAS like that not so long ago. But in this age where NO ONE can escape a video camera for their actions, Philadelphia police can no longer act as THEIR word is LAW! Especially those laws which are already Federal and items the Supreme Court has ruled on.

I carry this EXACT weapon EVERY time I go into Philadelphia! I live just outside, in Delco. In fact, I would invite Phily PD to try to rough me up, take my weapon & arrest me....based on me being engaged in LEGAL ACTIVITY with a LEGAL FIREARM!! The city would end up paying me several MILLION dollars! I’d be on board for that!

Again abner, I appreciate your your concern...but it’s misplaced. I recommend you re-familiarize yourself with both PA & FEDERAL firearms laws... And read about the latest CCW case the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled on.

A couple years back, Philadelphia Pd had subsequent training on civilians and Concealed Carry. They know better now.
    Well , I've had a PA-LTCF as well as held an FFL for well over 30yrs , and have had more than my share of go arounds with PSP and local LEO's who think they can do whatever they want. I keep a copy of the PA Uniform Firearms Act as well as the Federal guide I get with my FFL renewals in my vehicle and have used them.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    A registry of handguns which is illegal in PA. They can use whatever weasel words they want but the only reason they keep this list is when they decide to confiscate firearms from citizens they will have a pretty comprehensive list on where to start. They don't need to know who owns a gun for any other reason. The explanation above is pure crap.
    Didn't say it was gospel , just that it MIGHT help with an overzealous LEO who doesn't know the laws as well as we do. And I know several people who had legally owned firearms confiscated because they did not show up in the ROS and they had to prove ownership.

I also had to provide former customers with copies of receipts as well as copies of the old 5pc Application and Record of Sale slips from when I was a dealer.

As for no ser.no. , I once had an old (pre-'68) single shot shotgun that I cut down within legal limits confiscated because it had no serial number and the cop as well as the ADA (who's a judge now!) was convinced it was an illegal ''sawed-off shotgun''. Yes , I had to get a lawyer and BATF involved with that one.
    Last edited by abner13; December 23rd, 2019 at 03:56 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast