Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***Virginia Lobby Day 1/20/20***POOFA Response Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    If the capital police had any balls, they'd step aside and let the citizens do what they want with these tyrants.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    ONE entrance into their "zone".

If you go, be aware of your position in relation to the few exits as well in case it gets ugly.
    Great advice.

If they set it up as they attempted to do in Charlottesville or with any common sense they are going to have officers behind barricades at each exit as well as inside/just outside those exits to prevent any rabble rousers (i.e. us) from doing anything.
    Run

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    It's an illegal declaration. I'm hoping the crowd tries to defy, because I want to participate.
    I'd also like to do that. But after my lesson in getting jacked up by the police when doing absolutely nothing illegal, I'm not so sure.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Just saw this on the VCDL FB page:

I went by the capitol this afternoon and the state police are assembling a WALL to lock in/out protesters. And with only one entrance, where they will surely have metal detectors, entering the grounds may take hours. Perhaps we should declare this Virginia's "Berlin Wall." Maybe we should bring signs and attach them to the wall. (Using zip ties. It will be a guaranteed media attention getter.)

Two thoughts:

(1) I'd rather carry and clog the streets around the capitol grounds than go unarmed into their sandbox.

(2) I'll bring some of our Yinz Can't Take It signs to zip tie to the Berlin Wall.

What do yinz think?
    It sounds like they are getting a headstart on building their first Gulag for gun owners!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'd also like to do that. But after my lesson in getting jacked up by the police when doing absolutely nothing illegal, I'm not so sure.
    Once bitten, twice shy?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

ONE entrance into their "zone".

If you go, be aware of your position in relation to the few exits as well in case it gets ugly.
    Anybody think this single-entrance "zone" is gonna morph into another 'Vegas'? Their high ground will already be secured by a dozen or more SWAT teams from visiting PD's with fire corridors easily out to 800 yds. Plenty of areas defended by electronic "anti-personnel" devices and closer in - hundreds of tear gas canisters.

But if the residents/kids of Hong Kong have resisted China's attempted control of their lives, it wouldn't be a long leap to understand why the same could occur here with a corrupt, over-bearing, and indulgent state government. If the rights of Virginians get trampled, PA will follow.

Whatever occurs in defending constitutional rights will be memorable - and hopefully safe for everyone involved.
    - bamboomaster

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

VCDL Expected To Seek Injunction Blocking Northam’s Gun Ban

Posted at 7:00 am on January 16, 2020 by Cam Edwards

AP Photo/Vicki Cronis-Nohe

According to Phillip Van Cleave, president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, attorneys are likely to file suit as early as Thursday to seek an injunction blocking Governor Ralph Northam’s gun ban on the grounds of the state capitol during next Monday’s Lobby Day, which is expected to draw tens of thousands of gun owners to the state capitol.

Back in 2012, Virginia lawmakers approved a measure that limits the governor’s ability to regulate any aspect of gun ownership during a state of emergency. Here’s what the law says.

Nothing in this chapter is to be construed to:

(3) Empower the Governor, any political subdivision, or any other governmental authority to in any way limit or prohibit the rights of the people to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by Article I, Section 13 of the Constitution of Virginia or the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, including the otherwise lawful possession, carrying, transportation, sale, or transfer of firearms except to the extent necessary to ensure public safety in any place or facility designated or used by the Governor, any political subdivision of the Commonwealth, or any other governmental entity as an emergency shelter or for the purpose of sheltering persons;

So, the only place where firearms can be banned by the governor in a state of emergency are “places or facilities” designated as an emergency shelter for the purpose of sheltering persons. In his proclamation declaring a state of emergency, Northam referred to Capitol Square as a shelter.

To provide for the shelter and safety of state employees who work on or near the Virginia State Capitol and those who come to peacefully assemble, and consistent with the General Assembly’s prohibition on weapons in the Virginia State Capitol and the Pocahontas Buildings, and Executive Order 50 (McAuliffe), which prohibits firearms in offices occupied by executive branch agencies, no weapons, including firearms, may be carried or possessed on any land, real property, or improvements owned by the Commonwealth of Virginia within the area bounded by Broad Street, Ninth Street, Bank Street and Governor Street in the City of Richmond, Virginia, as well as any Commonwealth-owned parking lots for Virginia’s Department of Transportation, the Madison Building, the Monroe Building, the Patrick Henry Building, Washington Building, the Jefferson Building, and the Oliver Hill Building.

I’m not an attorney, but even the original co-author of the 2012 law thinks Northam is going beyond what the law allows.

So the Governor has declared the Capitol Grounds a “Shelter” in order to get around the law. I’m curious how many times a 14 acre plot of land has been designated an emergency shelter?

— Mike Watson_Virginia (@MikeWatson_VA) January 15, 2020

Watson says he’s concerned that there won’t be enough time to get this case before a judge. If the VCDL does decide to seek an injunction, as expected, they’d need to do it fairly quickly Thursday morning in hopes of getting an emergency hearing on Friday.

If the ban remains in place, Van Cleave says he believes the Capitol Police will do their best to ensure as easy an entrance to the capitol grounds as possible. There will be one entrance point with multiple magnetometers set up, and the Capitol Police will allow about 10,000 inside the space where guns are banned. Just beyond the capitol grounds on Ninth Street, however, there will be no ban on firearms, and so those who wish to lawfully carry are being asked to do so there.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Anybody think this single-entrance "zone" is gonna morph into another 'Vegas'? Their high ground will already be secured by a dozen or more SWAT teams from visiting PD's with fire corridors easily out to 800 yds. Plenty of areas defended by electronic "anti-personnel" devices and closer in - hundreds of tear gas canisters.

But if the residents/kids of Hong Kong have resisted China's attempted control of their lives, it wouldn't be a long leap to understand why the same could occur here with a corrupt, over-bearing, and indulgent state government. If the rights of Virginians get trampled, PA will follow.

Whatever occurs in defending constitutional rights will be memorable - and hopefully safe for everyone involved.

After they set up Charlottesville and did not care about injury and death in their political agenda...I'd be wary about this event too.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

RIGHT NOW Glen Beck is taking calls from Virginia citizens and is talking about Monday's event as well as the status of Virginia. It's really interesting, and scary.

Virginia Democrats are also attempting to revamp their election processes to keep themselves in power, as well as going to a popular vote tally instead of the current county-by-county electoral count for national elections. Northern VA's D.C. suburbs will act like Philadelphia in their future elections if they succeed.

Dana Loesch also talked about it on her show.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

RIGHT NOW Glen Beck is taking calls from Virginia citizens and is talking about Monday's event as well as the status of Virginia. It's really interesting, and scary.

Virginia Democrats are also attempting to revamp their election processes to keep themselves in power, as well as going to a popular vote tally instead of the current county-by-county electoral count for national elections. Northern VA's D.C. suburbs will act like Philadelphia in their future elections if they succeed.

Dana Loesch also talked about it on her show.
    While most of our focus has been on firearms there are I believe 200 bills in their GA that affect elections. They also have bills to change zoning laws to basically force suburbs into building multi-family housing at a certain percentage vs. single family homes.

Basically, the ability to permanently alter the landscape of VA's electorate and your ability to move somewhere "safe" and get away from the liberal ideology or just a safe place to live in some circumstances.

This is DC rolling south and taking over a state with Soros and Bloomberg money. Imagine Philly dictating the entire state of PA's politics...many of us know what that means.
    Run

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast