Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: ***Virginia Lobby Day 1/20/20***POOFA Response Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I gotta laugh, one of the folks over there just told me that there are going to be 30,000 to 40,000 people there.
    Where were those '30-40k people' for the DC rally that was only an hour or so away?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Where were those '30-40k people' for the DC rally that was only an hour or so away?
    They were all at that Nats' rally, not at ours.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

I feel ya, at https://www.facebook.com/NationalRif...F_TKslJSYtJwjb you can message them. I did.
    Do not mean to side track this thread.

BUT
    Expanding the "Recommendations and Reviews" section on that page. I'm seeing A LOT of negative reviews of the NRA.
    In fact; my scanning of the first couple dozen reviews. There is more negative than positive reviews.

Examples:

Absolutely not. They have done nothing to help Virgina and the NRA helped write anti-gun legislation for bump stocks. Furthermore, donations are Wayne's personal checkbook. 6.5 million dollar mansion with NRA fund's? No thanks. Support the GOA.
    An absolutely turn coat two face organization that for many decades has collaborated with the staunch anti-gunners in Washington to create "laws" and oppressive gun regulations that do nothing to stop or even lessen violent crime and illegal acquisition of firearms but instead serve to hinder and handicap legal gun owners in countless ways. They claim they serve legal gun owners then they help create these laws so they can cry treason from the rooftops and beg us for the money to make it all go away again.
    Right now they aren't doing Jack for Virginians. Stopped donating a long time ago.
    Question: What takes your money, then uses it to stab you in the back by helping the government steal your Second Amendment rights?
    Answer: The NRA!

The NRA has NEVER been a defender of the Second Amendment. Don't believe it? Look into what role they've played in everything from the NFA and Hughes Amendment, to the failed NICS program and pistol permit requirements. Or maybe take a look at their recent efforts to push the BATFE to reclassify rate of fire increasing devices as "machine guns."
    Do some basic research into their history of misusing funds, driving out pro-Second Amendment leadership, and their recent efforts to prevent the election of board candidates that challenge the anti-Second Amendment status quo.
    If you want to be part of a no compromise pro-Second Amendment organization, one that will actually defend your rights instead of undermining them, give Gun Owners of America your support. Don't let the NRA take your money AND your rights!
    --ET

(Lycoming County)

WTF????

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'd go if I could share a ride from Western PA. Anybody interested?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    WTF????
    Folks, take a breath and calm down for a minute. I'm a VCDL member and their emails have explained that 13 Jan is a committee hearing on the nonsense the demonrats are pushing, and they want anyone who can make it to show up for that. The 20 Jan event is their traditional 2A rally held for many years on the MLK holiday at least in part to get a better turnout with State & Fed employees having the day off. (The legiscritters don't observe that holiday so they are in session.) This is a deliberate ploy by the demonrats to try to blunt the impact of the 2A lobby day on some of the ones who are starting to waver because of the tidal wave of opposition sweeping across the state. The NRA ILA is helping with the push for turnout on the 13th.

Yes, the NRA has plenty of problems (named Wayne) right now and they did further shoot themselves in the foot by getting rid of their best replacement, Chris Cox. I have met the new head guy at the ILA a couple of times and he seems pretty solid.
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

Quote Originally Posted by OF&U View Post
    Folks, take a breath and calm down for a minute. I'm a VCDL member and their emails have explained that 13 Jan is a committee hearing on the nonsense the demonrats are pushing, and they want anyone who can make it to show up for that. The 20 Jan event is their traditional 2A rally held for many years on the MLK holiday at least in part to get a better turnout with State & Fed employees having the day off. (The legiscritters don't observe that holiday so they are in session.) This is a deliberate ploy by the demonrats to try to blunt the impact of the 2A lobby day on some of the ones who are starting to waver because of the tidal wave of opposition sweeping across the state. The NRA ILA is helping with the push for turnout on the 13th.

Yes, the NRA has plenty of problems (named Wayne) right now and they did further shoot themselves in the foot by getting rid of their best replacement, Chris Cox. I have met the new head guy at the ILA a couple of times and he seems pretty solid.
    Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by OF&U View Post

Perhaps you can suggest that VCDL at least make mention of the 13th on their website asking those who cannot come on the 20th to make the 13th and what that is about.

Emails to members are great, but it confuses matters when those same messages are not available to non-members.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Gotta spread the rep!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast