Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***Virginia Lobby Day 1/20/20***POOFA Response Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Get a court injunction, make him prove the threat...
    From what I’ve seen the head of the Capital Police said he has been made aware of zero credible threats. He’s the guy in change of keeping these elected shit bags safe so you would think he would have been informed,

(Montgomery County)

Seems like a large number will be ignoring this illegal order and carrying as planned. I'm thinking arrests will be minimal to non existent.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Here's the actual order:

To provide for the shelter and safety of state employees who work on or near the
    Virginia State Capitol and those who come to peacefully assemble, and consistent
    with the General Assembly’s prohibition on weapons in the Virginia State Capitol
    and the Pocahontas Buildings, and Executive Order 50 (McAuliffe), which
    prohibits firearms in offices occupied by executive branch agencies, no weapons,
    including firearms, may be carried or possessed on any land, real property, or
    improvements owned by the Commonwealth of Virginia within the area bounded
    by Broad Street, Ninth Street, Bank Street and Governor Street in the City of
    Richmond, Virginia, as well as any Commonwealth-owned parking lots for
    Virginia’s Department of Transportation, the Madison Building, the Monroe
    Building, the Patrick Henry Building, Washington Building, the Jefferson
    Building, and the Oliver Hill Building.

1. “Firearm” means any handgun, pistol, revolver, or other weapon designed
    or intended to propel or expel a projectile or missile of any kind by action
    of an explosion of any combustible material; rifle, shotgun, automatic or
    semi-automatic gun; assault firearm as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2 of the
    Code; machine gun; 3D printed gun; or similar weapon. Firearm does not
    include any ceremonial firearm currently on display in a legislative branch
    agency.
    2. “Weapon” means any weapon as defined in paragraphs (ii) through (v) of
    subsection A of § 18.2-308 of the Code and any stun weapon, as defined
    under § 18.2-308.1 of the Code, with the exception of a pocket knife
    having a folding metal blade of less than three inches. “Weapons” also
    includes, but is not limited to, sticks, torches, poles, bats, shields, helmets,
    caustic substances (i.e., pepper spray), hazardous materials, scissors, razor
    blades, needles, toy guns, toy weapons, fireworks, glass bottles, laser
    pointers, aerosol containers, baseballs, softballs, UAVs/Drones, or any
    item that can inflict bodily harm that is visible, other than firearms.
    3. The prohibition with respect to weapons (other than firearms) shall not
    apply to (a) any person possessing a knife customarily used for food
    preparation or service and using it for such purpose, (b) any person who
    possesses a knife or blade that he uses customarily in his trade and using it
    in such trade, (c) any tool used by a person customarily in his trade and
    being used pursuant to a contract with a legislative branch agency, or (d)
    any tool used by a state employee as a condition of his position and being
    used in the scope of employment. The prohibition with respect to weapons
    (other than firearms) shall not apply to any ceremonial weapon currently
    on display or use in a legislative branch agency.
    4. This prohibition applies to both the open and the concealed carry of
    firearms and other weapons.

I don't know if there's a criminal charge associated with this.
    Last edited by scruff; January 15th, 2020 at 11:01 PM.

(Butler County)

Just saw this on the VCDL FB page:

I went by the capitol this afternoon and the state police are assembling a WALL to lock in/out protesters. And with only one entrance, where they will surely have metal detectors, entering the grounds may take hours. Perhaps we should declare this Virginia's "Berlin Wall." Maybe we should bring signs and attach them to the wall. (Using zip ties. It will be a guaranteed media attention getter.)

Two thoughts:

(1) I'd rather carry and clog the streets around the capitol grounds than go unarmed into their sandbox.

(2) I'll bring some of our Yinz Can't Take It signs to zip tie to the Berlin Wall.

What do yinz think?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post

I went by the capitol this afternoon and the state police are assembling a WALL to lock in/out protesters. And with only one entrance, where they will surely have metal detectors, entering the grounds may take hours. Perhaps we should declare this Virginia's "Berlin Wall." Maybe we should bring signs and attach them to the wall. (Using zip ties. It will be a guaranteed media attention getter.)

Two thoughts:

(1) I'd rather carry and clog the streets around the capitol grounds than go unarmed into their sandbox.

(2) I'll bring some of our Yinz Can't Take It signs to zip tie to the Berlin Wall.

What do yinz think?
    The news from Virginia keeps getting more and more disturbing.

Two thoughts:

What do yinz think?

Well that sounds like a real safety issue to me and I'm sure this goes against every safety code there is. Anyone who is disabled should file a law suit since there will be no provisions made for them by the state at all.

They are making this as hard and as dangerous as they can, and that isn't right.

(Allegheny County)

I envision boardroom meetings filled with a mix of liberals who either literally believe in their hearts that gun owners are coming to shoot them, or those who know damned well that those people pose no risk, but need to do everything possible to fuck with them and prevent the world from seeing what is coming.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Two thoughts:

What do yinz think?
    The PA contingent should definitely stick together if possible.

They posted a map of the area and basically they're walling off everything around the capitol building:

EOWLf-Vq-Xs-AAkf-Y6.jpg

The VSP, VA Capitol Police, Richmond Police, etc. will be tasked with keeping armed people off the capitol grounds. With one entrance the western side will be a mess because there will be a large line to get into the ground to lobby.

I think no matter what at this point the rest of the area outside of the fence will be filled with armed people.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I envision boardroom meetings filled with a mix of liberals who either literally believe in their hearts that gun owners are coming to shoot them, or those who know damned well that those people pose no risk, but need to do everything possible to fuck with them and prevent the world from seeing what is coming.
    Given the support VA governor and some of their legislators have had from a few DC folks plus the obvious Soros/Bloomberg cash my belief has been they want someone to overreact and do something they can spin.

The governor has already come out and said the state of emergency is due to credible threats from out of state militia groups and white nationalist groups. Is that true? It's whatever he wants to make it but now that he's announced that to the media guess who everyone is going to be when they show up? A bunch of racists!

So, a bunch of racists show up, most of course "from out of state" (LOL) and when someone does something stupid or a planted agitator causes a ruckus the media will be all over it and the governor is praying for gunfire to further his GC agenda. Of course, gun control is only a small part of the Democrat's plan for VA.

It scares the crap out of me because if PA's General Assembly goes the same route we're next...hell we're probably next anyway.
    Run

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by wgjhsaft View Post
    Given the support VA governor and some of their legislators have had from a few DC folks plus the obvious Soros/Bloomberg cash my belief has been they want someone to overreact and do something they can spin.

The governor has already come out and said the state of emergency is due to credible threats from out of state militia groups and white nationalist groups. Is that true? It's whatever he wants to make it but now that he's announced that to the media guess who everyone is going to be when they show up? A bunch of racists!

So, a bunch of racists show up, most of course "from out of state" (LOL) and when someone does something stupid or a planted agitator causes a ruckus the media will be all over it and the governor is praying for gunfire to further his GC agenda. Of course, gun control is only a small part of the Democrat's plan for VA.

It scares the crap out of me because if PA's General Assembly goes the same route we're next...hell we're probably next anyway.
    I feel bad for them, but this may be a good lesson for the rest of the country. Their stock line was always "nobody wants to take your guns." We knew it was bullshit, but now everybody knows. They do want to take our guns, and they'll do it the second they get the opportunity.

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast