Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***Virginia Lobby Day 1/20/20***POOFA Response Thread***

Sigh. "Cut the power grid" isn't how any of this works.

I agree with being prepared, but let's not be alarmist about it.

Antifa is an enigma to me. They should be on our side on this.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Logistics information;

Rally point: Virginia State Capitol, 1000 Bank St, Richmond, VA 23218.

Time: 0800

Ok it doesn't look like we'd be able to carry long guns, assuming this is up to date,

"Open carry is generally allowed without a permit for people 18 years of age and older. The following cities and counties have exceptions that disallow the open carry of "assault weapons" (any firearm that is equipped with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or is designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock) or shotguns equipped with a magazine that holds more than 7 rounds: the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, and Virginia Beach and in the Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, and Prince William. These restrictions do not apply to valid concealed carry permit holders. Stated differently, you may open carry an assault weapon/shotgun with more than 7 rounds with a permit in the aforementioned locations, but do not need a permit to do so in any other locality in Virginia.

In a vehicle, a firearm may be considered "openly carried" if the firearm is openly visible, though this is not as well established as the "secured in a container/compartment" rule mentioned above."

Open carry of a pistol is OK and it appears that's what many out of staters plan to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Virginia
    I'm reading that.
    And the information from 2019 version of "Travel's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States". Which states:

Semi-auto & high capacity magazines: "streetsweeper" -style shotguns prohibited -- over 20 shot mags prohibited to nonpermittees in certain public areas.
    As meaning we CAN carry long guns IF we have a valid concealed carry permit.

And since VA recognizes ALL permits; even non-resident permits; from every state; as long as permit holder is 21 or older and as has a photo ID with them.
    Doesn't that mean we PA residents with PA LTCF; or non-resident permit from another state such as Utah or Florida; have valid permits ?
    --ET

Sigh. "Cut the power grid" isn't how any of this works.

I agree with being prepared, but let's not be alarmist about it.

I look at the Democratic underground to take the temperature of our leftist brethren, the rhetoric has certainly stepped up a notch in the past few years,
    The funny thing is ever since the start of the impeachment , they believe that they are the ones defending the republic and the constitution from the unwashed, racist, illiterate hillbilly stooges of the 1%. We blindly follow The President and WE are the threat to our freedom. They are still screaming "Collusion" from their rooftops.
    Never mind that all democrats want gun control and elimination of most of the bill of rights but they are to the point of proclaiming that THEY hold the moral high ground and the Constitution supports their position, the Republicans should all be eliminated and they would NEVER forget or forgive a relative who voted for Trump. The Electoral College disenfranchises their political point of view and should be abolished. I see little or no voices of moderation attempting to calm their anger, such as our side does the same. We don't want to hear what they have to say, and they won't listen to our point of view. The difference to me is they believe they can scream us to silence, and anywhere we are denied a place to voice our point of opinion we are shut down with protests and violence from ANTIFA. Even though this is a civil rights violation, no one is held accountable
    well I guess the decision has been made and the dies cast, let the pieces fall where they may. Its Ironic that to me that they have alienated most LEO and Military, and still play poke the bear with the people who have the most bullets. They expect the LEO and Military to protect them when the big boogaloo starts
    Last edited by bigandy1966; January 2nd, 2020 at 12:04 PM.

On the one hand, Antifa presents itself as anarchists but is dominated by ideological Communists. The Communist long game is totalitarian and requires a disarmed citizenry. In general, you can therefore expect Antifa to be anti-gun-rights.

On the other hand, the Antifa leadership is sufficiently diffuse and decentralized that some Antifa groups have wandered off the reservation on this specific issue; this is particularly likely if a group is more than normally influenced by anarcho-syndicalists or left anarchists of, e,g., Bakuninite stripe. At least one Antifa group in VA has come out against the new gun laws and in support of the Lobby Day protest.

On the gripping hand, a prudent person would keep a very close eye on Antifa if they show up for the demo and be prepared to suppress them if they try to incite violence, i.e. by attacking Capitol security or using incendiaries. The possibility that their goal is to discredit the gun-rights folks cannot and should not be discounted; this sort of maneuver is right out of the Trotskyite playbook.

I hope the Lobby Day organizers are aware of these risks.

I live in Malvern PA and am seeking a ride share to Lobby Day in Virginia on the 20th.

I can supply gas money and pleasant company. I expect to bring a 1911 which I will carry openly.

This is me: http://www.catb.org/esr/ and http://esr.ibiblio.org/

Yup, I'm a semi-famous Internet geek and blogger, which I'm bringing up because I'm fishing for travelers who would find that of interest.

If there's a better forum or thread for this request, please redirect me.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Any chance I could just get a Cliff Notes on that?
    It's time.

Get out the big guns.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

This rally could be an interesting one. I'm following their organizers on fakebook and they are getting quite a few buses coming in from all over the state. I might work a little extra on getting some pics of this one.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    This rally could be an interesting one. I'm following their organizers on fakebook and they are getting quite a few buses coming in from all over the state. I might work a little extra on getting some pics of this one.
    Yeah this is going to be yuge. I can't wait. In my hotel alone there's dozens of arfcommers from all over staying. We're planning on walking to the capital together. Many are planning full "battle rattle." I don't own any such thing so I'll just be carrying my yinzer flag.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'd go if I could share a ride from Western PA. Anybody interested?
    I'm just a little bit up the road in Mercer and I plan on going. If you need a ride, no worries. . But I plan on leaving Sunday and staying overnight somewhere close to Richmond.

I have a friend down there and those guys are extremely disgruntled.

Not sure if I mentioned this but a guy at work is taking his wife and 3 boys!

This is going to be epic. The rally we dream of. It's a shame it had to come to this to get gun owners on their feet.

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast