Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Second Amendment Sanctuary Movement Spreads To Kentucky

In a GOA update email about Virginia now having over 100 Santuary areas, they mentioned their pushing for Sanctuary municipalities in Kentucky and Pennsylvania.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

National Guard response:

“We understand and respect the passion people feel for the U.S. Constitution and 2nd Amendment rights. We will not speculate about the possible use of the Virginia National Guard. I encourage everyone to be patient while we allow our elected officials to work through the legislative process,” said Maj. Gen. Timothy P Williams, the Adjutant General of Virginia in a statement.

“We have not received any requests from the Governor, or anyone on his staff, about serving in a law enforcement role related to any proposed legislation.

“I expect our Soldiers, Airmen and members of the Virginia Defense Force to be professional and respectful in their discussions about this subject. As private citizens, our personnel are free to express their opinions to their elected officials, but they should not engage in any political activity while in a uniformed status.

“We will provide regular updates when appropriate during the General Assembly session. Please utilize your chain of command to direct any questions or concerns to my office, and we will do our best to address them,” he concluded.

Notice he said not a word indicating the Guard would not act as enforcement officers?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

they should not engage in any political activity while in a uniformed status.
    So, "while in uniform" means if they are assigned to quell citizen disobedience, refusing to do so would be making a political statement??

When does refusal of illegal orders take effect?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Wayne County)

I can read “while in uniform” to mean they won’t play police for political reasons. It’s all politics isn’t it?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    National Guard response:

“We understand and respect the passion people feel for the U.S. Constitution and 2nd Amendment rights. We will not speculate about the possible use of the Virginia National Guard. I encourage everyone to be patient while we allow our elected officials to work through the legislative process,” said Maj. Gen. Timothy P Williams, the Adjutant General of Virginia in a statement.

“We have not received any requests from the Governor, or anyone on his staff, about serving in a law enforcement role related to any proposed legislation.

“I expect our Soldiers, Airmen and members of the Virginia Defense Force to be professional and respectful in their discussions about this subject. As private citizens, our personnel are free to express their opinions to their elected officials, but they should not engage in any political activity while in a uniformed status.

“We will provide regular updates when appropriate during the General Assembly session. Please utilize your chain of command to direct any questions or concerns to my office, and we will do our best to address them,” he concluded.

Notice he said not a word indicating the Guard would not act as enforcement officers?
    Of course he didn't.
    If he did, he would be replaced first thing in the morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12