Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: East Hanover Twp (Dauphin County) Supervisor Michael Yingling wants to ban firear

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Our township was considering firearms ordinances. Some owners spoke up, and in the process, crafted one more geared towards legitimate safety than bans. I would suggest you take a copy of this to your supervisors as an example of something that protects the public, ties nicely with state law, and doesn’t upset the pro -2A crowd.

https://www.conewagotwp.com/ordinanc...ance%20361.pdf
    Completely disagree.

"Regulating discharge is permissible under preemption" is an old myth. Legal challenges continue to add dirt on top of that grave. Here's an example that's a couple of years old:

https://blog.princelaw.com/2017/08/1...rge-ordinance/
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: East Hanover Twp (Dauphin County) Supervisor Michael Yingling wants to ban firear

More on the subject, even a Commonwealth Court ruling:

https://blog.princelaw.com/tag/discharge/

Default Re: East Hanover Twp (Dauphin CTY) Supervisor Michael Yingling wants to ban firearms

Quote Originally Posted by gooseSA40 View Post
    This email chain was provided to me, and it was explained to me that this locally elected official doesn't like to use Township provided emails.

Attachment 124949

I didn't find this in any other minutes for the rest of the year. I did notice that this individual was the Chairperson until July 2nd, 2019 when he resigned.

FYI for any local residents, be careful who you vote for.
    Thank you for sharing! The Township Manager clearly has his act together in his response to the Township Supervisor. A lot of times, these local elected Supervisors attempt to garner, through some sort of leveraging, Township support so that he/she has somewhat credible back up. "Oh, the staff wants this and we ought to do it!" Again, good for the Township Manager in knowing the law and thwarting the overzealous Township Supervisor!
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: East Hanover Twp (Dauphin CTY) Supervisor Michael Yingling wants to ban firearms

I do like the response in the email chain, "We can look into re designing the building for security purposes". At whose expense? Taxpayers of course. Fucking Commonwealth State fiefdom.

(Juniata County)

IF you're doing such a bad job as township supervisor that someone feels the need to shoot you, you should remember that Trial by Combat is still valid under common law.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Imagine his reaction if someone open carried to a township meeting.
    I have done that at some public meeting before the Government mandated partial-shutdown. He claims to be a Township Employee as an elected official and says I'm creating an unsafe work environment for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    It warrants repeating. Republicans are NOT your friends. A vinyl sticker or sign will not stop a deranged individual.
    Quoting for the repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Completely disagree.

"Regulating discharge is permissible under preemption" is an old myth. Legal challenges continue to add dirt on top of that grave. Here's an example that's a couple of years old:

https://blog.princelaw.com/2017/08/1...rge-ordinance/
    Very Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by gooseSA40; August 20th, 2020 at 10:58 PM.

(Dauphin County)

Status Update:

I spoke to a credential source a few weeks ago. This individual is planning to sue the township, and potentially me. As an elected official, he believes he is an employee and I've creating an unsafe work environment for him in 2019. He believes that the Township has failed to restrict firearms on its property, and plans to file an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) claim.

I won't hold my breath for the paperwork to show up as this isn't the first time from this individual.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gooseSA40 View Post
    Status Update:

I spoke to a credential source a few weeks ago. This individual is planning to sue the township, and potentially me. As an elected official, he believes he is an employee and I've creating an unsafe work environment for him in 2019. He believes that the Township has failed to restrict firearms on its property, and plans to file an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) claim.

I won't hold my breath for the paperwork to show up as this isn't the first time from this individual.
    Interesting. His own conduct seems to have crossed actual legal lines (shunning "official" email channels), as well as being contrary to the oath he took. I wonder what his motivation was in the fist place. He seems like the antithesis of what someone in his position should be.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Clinton County)

Let us know when you need the posse.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Maybe we should enact common sense abortion control measures to save the lives of children....you know for the common good.
    How about common-sense birth control?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12