Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Henrys .22 lever action - 2019 reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    OK, now that the holidays are over (and my truck didn't need that transfer case after all), I'll probably be grabbing one within the next month. So, the next question is:

Blued/black Classic or Golden Boy?

What would be nice is if they made an add-on receiver cover for the Golden Boy that was camouflaged, so you could swap out for hunting. I like the Golden Boy better, but shiny is no good for coyote hunting.
    Try them both. The regular, blued/frontier as apposed to the golden/silver boy have different drops, meaning the stock sits differently when you shoulder it. Try them both to see what you like. I went with the frontier model with a more modern drop. The golden boy sits differently.

OK, now that the holidays are over (and my truck didn't need that transfer case after all), I'll probably be grabbing one within the next month. So, the next question is:

Blued/black Classic or Golden Boy?

What would be nice is if they made an add-on receiver cover for the Golden Boy that was camouflaged, so you could swap out for hunting. I like the Golden Boy better, but shiny is no good for coyote hunting.
    Henry will sell you a replacement cover for the Golden Boy which you could probably paint however you'd like. The GB cover is unique to it and the Silver Boy, so you wouldn't be able to switch out with an H001. They don't list it on their site, but you can call them.
    Last edited by Ronin; January 18th, 2020 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Corrected for bad info in original post.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Henry will sell you a replacement cover for the Golden Boy which you could probably paint however you'd like. The GB cover is unique to it and the Silver Boy, so you wouldn't be able to switch out with an H001. They don't list it on their site, but you can call them.
    Thanks! That was something that I didn't think of. Unfortunately, the replacement covers are for the Classic H001 and pump action H003 models only. The Golden Boy is H004 series.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Thanks! That was something that I didn't think of. Unfortunately, the replacement covers are for the Classic H001 and pump action H003 models only. The Golden Boy is H004 series.
    You have to call them. They will sell you an engraved GB cover that you install yourself for $150. I believe the plain brasslite cover is $50.

Numrich sells the GB cover too, but it's out of stock.

(Wayne County)

You have to call them. They will sell you an engraved GB cover that you install yourself for $150. I believe the plain brasslite cover is $50.

Numrich sells the GB cover too, but it's out of stock.
    It isn't that I want a Golden Boy cover, kt's that I wish they made a camouflage one for hunting. While they may be able to do one, I'm not willing to pay half the price of the rifle for one. I admit, I'm cheap!

It isn't that I want a Golden Boy cover, kt's that I wish they made a camouflage one for hunting. While they may be able to do one, I'm not willing to pay half the price of the rifle for one. I admit, I'm cheap!
    Get the Golden Boy cover for $50, scuff it up and paint it camo. It's really easy to replace the cover. I'm going to be drilling and tapping my FiL's GB cover so I can install a Skinner sight for. If I mess it up, I plan to get a replacement and swap it out.

(Wayne County)

Get the Golden Boy cover for $50, scuff it up and paint it camo. It's really easy to replace the cover. I'm going to be drilling and tapping my FiL's GB cover so I can install a Skinner sight for. If I mess it up, I plan to get a replacement and swap it out.
    I don't think it will fit. Otherwise, they wouldn't have listed it just for H001 and H003.

I don't think it will fit. Otherwise, they wouldn't have listed it just for H001 and H003.
    You have to call Henry and specifically ask them for the H004 receiver cover. They do not list it on their website in any way other than the engraved version. They will sell you the plain "brass" cover without having to spend an extra for engraving.

(Allegheny County)

LOL! Why didn't you say so???

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    LOL! Why didn't you say so???

Who's on first???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast