Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Henrys .22 lever action - 2019 reviews

Check out the Evil Roy model, I bought a couple as Christmas gifts 2 years ago. I already had an H001 myself, if I had it to do over again I'd would have bought myself an Evil Roy.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/henr...l-roy-edition/
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Wayne County)

Well, I had to take my daughter to Dicks the other night, so I used their stock to check out the Henrys. Don't worry. I would never buy a gun from Dicks.

Wow! The difference between how a Classic and a Golden Boy shoulder and point is significant!!! I can't even see the sights if I get proper cheek weld on a Golden Boy. I'm looking straight down the tube magazine. The H001, on the other hand, was really nice and fit well. The mkdel that I wwas looking at, however, had it buttstock canted about 5° to the right of the centerline of the barrel. I hope that they all get better QA/QC than that.

None of my LGSs had any H001s in today, so I ran out to Walmart, because they had one. Unfortunately, they had not one, but TWO locks on it. One on the trigger and another securing the lever to the stock. They wouldn't remove either one for me to check the action. As such, screw Walmart and their gunlocks. I won't be buying a gun that I can't thoroughly check out. I don't care how inexpensive it is. (And it was $71 cheaper than Dicks. $289 vs. $350).

Sorry EM. It's a horeshit policy and everyone knows it.

Maybe I'll see if Wallenpaupack sports shop has any. It's a haul, but I've bought quite a few guns from Mark and his son.

Anyone k ow what the going rate is for H001s at gunshows?
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Allegheny County)

WTF? Sorry for what? It's not my policy. I wouldn't have even considered looking at one there.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    WTF? Sorry for what? It's not my policy. I wouldn't have even considered looking at one there.
    Good to know.

It just seems like a bad corporate policy if they really want to sell things. But it does kinda fit with their overall "sell it so low that people will sacrifice their morals to buy it" SOP.

As such, I'll spend more money on it elsewhere.

(Wayne County)

OK, so I picked up an H001T Frontier model .22LR over the weekend. Cleaned it Sunday night, and got a chance to run 50 rounds through it after work this afternoon.

I am IN LOVE!!!

What a fun little rifle! I've had several .22 rifles over the years, and even more center fire rifles. This lkttle .22 lever gun just hits a sweet spot for me. I hope the neighbors don't mind the shooting, because I may just start to keep track of how many rounds I shoot through it to see just how many thousands of rounds it will handle.

I just wish that I had bought this thing sooner while there was more than one week of small game season left. I can't wait until squirrel kicks in early this next fall. Carrying this thing through the woods will just be a treat. Come on, September!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234