Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Annual Harrisburg Rally - June 8, 2020 - Save the date

Dang---VA knows how to hold rallies. FB showing 4,600 going and another 4-5K interested. We need these type of numbers when we go to Harrisburg!

https://www.facebook.com/events/569703807124705/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Dang---VA knows how to hold rallies. FB showing 4,600 going and another 4-5K interested. We need these type of numbers when we go to Harrisburg!

https://www.facebook.com/events/569703807124705/
    I mean, if we want to see it get just as bad here. Im sure you will start to see similar attendance after.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    I mean, if we want to see it get just as bad here. Im sure you will start to see similar attendance after.
    Word. It's a shame it got to where it did in VA to get people to show up. We need that without major threats to our rights.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Word. It's a shame it got to where it did in VA to get people to show up. We need that without major threats to our rights.
    Shows we are always one to two elections from tyranny.
    And now you dont even have to show up to vote.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    Shows we are always one to two elections from tyranny.
    And now you dont even have to show up to vote.
    However, how are 87 of the 94 counties going full "2A sanctuary status" yet many of those counties voted in anti-gun "D's"? I know the R's were inept in leaving open seats but they went from a huge majority [just] 4 years ago to barely winning the majority by a coin toss 2 years later? Something is amiss.....
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    However, how are 87 of the 94 counties going full "2A sanctuary status" yet many of those counties voted in anti-gun "D's"? I know the R's were inept in leaving open seats but they went from a huge majority [just] 4 years ago to barely winning the majority by a coin toss 2 years later? Something is amiss.....
    maybe low voter turnout. but certainly redistricting which is only legal when democrats do it.
    that and a whole horde of illegals/migrant voters in blue districts.

u wanna see what the nation would look like with a popular vote? just look at how it works on a state level where a few urban centers almost completely wipe out the votes of the rural areas.

As promised in original post, here is Rep Metcalfe's press release, making it official.

Other people will be updating the facebook page and website.

(To share on facebook...)
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    The 2020 2nd Amendment Day Rally is scheduled for June 8th. That is about a month later than usual, but it will be held outdoors entirely (on the steps) and chances of good weather are great in June.

A press release will be issued in the coming weeks and a flyer a few weeks later, but for now, save the date. Get your requests in for a vacation day and tell your 2A friends to do the same. :-)
    I went last year and was embarrassed by the lack of attendance. PA has about 3.5 million gun owners and 500 people show up you could see the politicians laughing..
    Unfortunately people are lazy and full of excuses and you fight them now not when all of the crap comes down.
    I really thought the same group from Pittsburgh that goes to Harrisburg Rally in June would have had buses going to Virginia but I guess they don't want to support the cause.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRocks10mm View Post
    I went last year and was embarrassed by the lack of attendance. PA has about 3.5 million gun owners and 500 people show up you could see the politicians laughing..
    Unfortunately people are lazy and full of excuses and you fight them now not when all of the crap comes down.
    I really thought the same group from Pittsburgh that goes to Harrisburg Rally in June would have had buses going to Virginia but I guess they don't want to support the cause.
    Do you have the cash to schedule a bus? If so why not do one and advertise for it? Those things cost money, quite a bit actually. I wouldn't deride too much unless you know that financial situation of the organization or the amount of people that offered to contribute.

As far as the rally last year goes, we filled the rotunda and then some. There was closer to 900 there actually. I've been there when there was only 2-300 some years. It was above average from my experience and hopefully it'll be larger still this year with the Virginia debacle in the headlines still. Especially if we can get the word out early.

Unfortunately people don't get off theirs asses until there's an eminent threat and even then they expect someone somewhere will do the heavy lifting for them. Best you can do is get the word out. Share about it on social media, print flyer's and give them to gun shops and ranges, tell everyone you know that is a gun owner how important it is for people to do a little activism.

It's grown quite a bit in the last two years, hopefully with it moving to outside for the speakers, it'll draw an even larger crowd this year. Believe me, they aren't laughing. The "demanding mom's" can't even muster half our numbers for a counter rally and they do offer free rides most of the time.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRocks10mm View Post
    People are people and they are what they are. I've been around for a few years and I have a good idea of what to expect and RL Suehr is 100% right. It's kind of late for you now but next time reserve a bus and gather the people, we can't always count on others to do things for us. Traveling to VA is a burden for all of us and more than some can do, I understand that. However, I have already connected with one of their activists and hope that he will be here for us when we need him. We're all in this together, don't concentrate on what others aren't doing, concentrate on what you can do and be proud of your participation.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast