Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearm

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    I guess Shapiro is a self appointed dictator now? No statute, no bill, just an edict.
    Shapiro’s a piece of shit. A professional politician with little man complex. He used to be my state rep. Then he was my county commissioner. (I know people that worked for the county at the time. They said he’s a snake who had no qualms about making decisions and ruining careers solely for political gain.) Now he’s AG (‘cause his predecessor is in prison). And unless the GOP comes up with a super strong candidate and gets the voters out, he’ll be our next governor.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    80% open carry at the capitol, anyone?
    You mean my previously 80% pistol or the ones that area currently still 80% .... Maybe one of each.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    https://www.abc27.com/news/pennsylva...s-as-firearms/

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania’s top prosecutor said Monday he has told state police to treat unassembled “ghost guns” as firearms under state law, meaning felons may not legally possess them.

Cause?

What are these people supposed to do, wave them around while saying "bang!" in a loud voice?

Doesn't the AG of PA have anything better to do than this nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    80% open carry at the capitol, anyone?
    Something like that might be called for. Outside Shapiro's office, since he is the one dictating this. The GOP stalled the pre-emption improvement bill. Shapiro is emboldened. Looks like we need to add a provision that would make it a crime for the AG to legislate gun laws. In this regard he is no different than Peduto.

So if you have an 80% lower and the AG considers it a rifle, I guess if you have an LTCF you can drive to HBurg with it and show up and and legally carry it in the open. In full legal compliance. If you do not have an LTCF, what do you do, keep in in the trunk "unloaded"? It is all pretty weird.

The precedent is disturbing. Just like he did this time, Wolf gins up multiple requests from the State Police and the AG dictates the next gun law. It is simply lawless and dictatorial. That is what we should be protesting.

(Carbon County)

Let's see how long before PA turns into VA

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dsparil View Post
    Let's see how long before PA turns into VA
    The data I've seen suggests it's going to be a nail biter in 2020... could be as soon as then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
    . . . . I would laugh myself to death if somebody invented a device that was a "molecular disrupter", fully electronic, and posted it to the internet. No gunpowder or explosives, and legal for anyone to build & use. Anti-gun world would lose its mind instantly because it would not be a gun, but 1000 times more deadly.
    It would already be covered as a "prohibited offensive weapon".

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Isn't this something that the legislature would actually have to enact into law?
    Yes, it is.

This end-run around the Legislature has been tried before, when the PSP was told to treat AR-type rifles as "handguns" (technically, treat them as "firearms" defined as handguns). They backed away from that, because in that case as well they had no legal basis for it.

At any rate, it's an issue for the jury (or judge in a bench trial) to determine the facts of any case, so you'd have to persuade a jury that something that can't fire a single shot is a firearm anyway.

It's easier to make a zip gun out of Home Depot supplies, than to carefully drill out holes and remove blocking material from an 80% frame.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

I keep seeing people on this very forum say things like "Screw VA, they are reaping what they sowed." We need to realize that PA is no better. We have failed to turn out pro-gun voters before and we are bound to do it again unless we truly get organized and engaged. We need to engage the people in our circles outside of this forum and prime them to act in advance of the coming onslaught from the anti-gunners.

Make no mistake, what happened to VA will be coming to PA. Bloomberg's Everytown has admitted a shift in strategy back toward states since the appetite for Federal action has (temporarily) slowed.

Do not wait until it happens. PA must mobilize now! Be proactive and put the pressure on at every level! Township, county, city, state, Federal, all of the above. It's time to speak up and organize.

Part of the problem seems to be the lack of a coordinating event as a signal--that the public doesn't perceive a legislative threat and there isn't the impetus to act. I think what's happening in VA ought to be the signal since this Bloomberg disease is absolutely going to spread. This latest PA Attorney General/PSP action hot on the heels of Bloomberg's "petitioning ATF to reclassify 80% lowers" is proof of this influence here and now.

They may be late to act, but I can tell you the people in VA are talking to their neighbors and their coworkers. They are talking about it at church and at the gym and in the grocery checkout line. They are inviting friends and acquaintances to go to the range, encouraging them and explaining how to buy their first gun, and are making new shooters and gun owners. They are getting more skin in the game. They are speaking boldly about their rights and what it means to be prepared to protect themselves and their families and to live free from tyranny. They are showing up to town and county meetings and signing up to speak. They are donating to gun rights organizations. (And yes, they are buying guns, mags, and ammo.)

So I ask: What are you doing today?

I have a few ideas which I hope might encourage you to act:

We can get informed about what is happening in VA, both the actions by the state and the response from fellow patriots and use this as a point of discussion with our own friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers to start having these important conversations.

We can talk about what similar unconstitutional legislation could/does look like here, how it is a very real (and in many cases, already realized) threat, and why we must and how we can get organized now in order to stop it.

We can invite that friend or cousin or neighbor or young mother to the range and introduce them to firearms as a tool of self protection, empowerment, and a guarantor of rights (or just plain fun). We can show them how to go about purchasing a gun for defense of life and liberty.

We can attend and speak at our township, borough, or county board meetings, get to know our state and local politicians, and challenge them to support our rights by introducing and passing pro-2A resolutions and legislation.

We can get to know our local police, build a rapport, and ask them tough questions which force them to consider whether they would enforce an unconstitutional order or law.

We can act now, individually or together.

Some final thoughts:

Consider joining FOAC. The weekly newsletter and web portal are very valuable for tracking PA and Federal actions.

If you haven't been following already, I highly recommend reading or subscribing to the Virginia Citizen's Defense League (VCDL) VA alerts, especially some of the coverage of the (very successful) efforts to turn out large crowds to support the 2A sanctuary resolutions. Crowds routinely in the 1000s, some reportedly as large as 6000 or more. It's a near-revival and pretty inspiring.

KeepVA2A.com is another great (and recent) site which is helping to inform and organize those fighting this battle. Good info and a great example of what's possible. This site was created by one random guy with some web development skills who saw a need and took action.

If VA can do it, PA has no excuse! Why wait until the Wolf is at our door?

For liberty.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    I keep seeing people on this very forum say things like "Screw VA, they are reaping what they sowed." We need to realize that PA is no better. We have failed to turn out pro-gun voters before and we are bound to do it again unless we truly get organized and engaged. We need to engage the people in our circles outside of this forum and prime them to act in advance of the coming onslaught from the anti-gunners.

Make no mistake, what happened to VA will be coming to PA. Bloomberg's Everytown has admitted a shift in strategy back toward states since the appetite for Federal action has (temporarily) slowed.

Do not wait until it happens. PA must mobilize now! Be proactive and put the pressure on at every level! Township, county, city, state, Federal, all of the above. It's time to speak up and organize.

Part of the problem seems to be the lack of a coordinating event as a signal--that the public doesn't perceive a legislative threat and there isn't the impetus to act. I think what's happening in VA ought to be the signal since this Bloomberg disease is absolutely going to spread. This latest PA Attorney General/PSP action hot on the heels of Bloomberg's "petitioning ATF to reclassify 80% lowers" is proof of this influence here and now.

They may be late to act, but I can tell you the people in VA are talking to their neighbors and their coworkers. They are talking about it at church and at the gym and in the grocery checkout line. They are inviting friends and acquaintances to go to the range, encouraging them and explaining how to buy their first gun, and are making new shooters and gun owners. They are getting more skin in the game. They are speaking boldly about their rights and what it means to be prepared to protect themselves and their families and to live free from tyranny. They are showing up to town and county meetings and signing up to speak. They are donating to gun rights organizations. (And yes, they are buying guns, mags, and ammo.)

So I ask: What are you doing today?

I have a few ideas which I hope might encourage you to act:

We can get informed about what is happening in VA, both the actions by the state and the response from fellow patriots and use this as a point of discussion with our own friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers to start having these important conversations.

We can talk about what similar unconstitutional legislation could/does look like here, how it is a very real (and in many cases, already realized) threat, and why we must and how we can get organized now in order to stop it.

We can invite that friend or cousin or neighbor or young mother to the range and introduce them to firearms as a tool of self protection, empowerment, and a guarantor of rights (or just plain fun). We can show them how to go about purchasing a gun for defense of life and liberty.

We can attend and speak at our township, borough, or county board meetings, get to know our state and local politicians, and challenge them to support our rights by introducing and passing pro-2A resolutions and legislation.

We can get to know our local police, build a rapport, and ask them tough questions which force them to consider whether they would enforce an unconstitutional order or law.

We can act now, individually or together.

Some final thoughts:

Consider joining FOAC. The weekly newsletter and web portal are very valuable for tracking PA and Federal actions.

If you haven't been following already, I highly recommend reading or subscribing to the Virginia Citizen's Defense League (VCDL) VA alerts, especially some of the coverage of the (very successful) efforts to turn out large crowds to support the 2A sanctuary resolutions. Crowds routinely in the 1000s, some reportedly as large as 6000 or more. It's a near-revival and pretty inspiring.

KeepVA2A.com is another great (and recent) site which is helping to inform and organize those fighting this battle. Good info and a great example of what's possible. This site was created by one random guy with some web development skills who saw a need and took action.

If VA can do it, PA has no excuse! Why wait until the Wolf is at our door?

For liberty.
    Amen I agree 100% and I always disagree with the whole screw them it's their fault BS. Lot of crooked Bullshit politics and politicians as well that drive this. Also big money from these backers who have made it their life goal to disarm America so they can be the overseers (even though ......uh uh uh it's for the fucking children... Yeah OK). I support the VDCL and I am proud that VA is stepping up, should they have done it sooner well yes, buuuuut are they allowing it to get to Jersey level no. If we don't fight back as Americans across state borders and back up our brothers and sisters we will lose and then everyone will bitch but the majority will silently remain felons in the eyes of the written law.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I had to buy a 3D printer to print a boat so I could have an un-tracable boating accident.
    I actually know a guy ......

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast