Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 264
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mt. Pleasant
    Posts
    1,808
    Rep Power
    16923580

    Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Man oh man, some of you need to stop posting what you believe! The law & FACTS don’t give a damn about your feelings! This isn’t an “IMHO” kinda thread! No Pennsylvania Police Officer has the right to stop a person, SOLELY on their carrying a firearm! The PA Supreme Court has RULED on this! Put a stamp on it, mark it, CASE CLOSED! Now, will it still happen? Well of course! But honestly, I would invite...why I would dare..., nay, I would BEG an officer to do this to me! Whatever money lost on the gun and legalities would be chicken feed to what would be settled upon or awarded in a 4th Amend violation lawsuit.

    And on a side note, handguns..no firearms actually are built to save money. I have been building rifles & pistols since ‘05 because The Lord has blessed me with the gifts to. And it’s become a passion. I’d be willing to bet almost every other builder feels the same. Can’t really build cheaper, but you can build BETTER cheaper. My ARs for instance, are better than anything by any manufacturer, considering what I spend. Then again, my ARs are better than any that can be purchased. LOL.
    It's not his opinion it is Fact, if you carry a gun that isn't in their registry sooner or later you will have to fight to keep it/get it back. I've built my own for years but they are for range use because it wouldnt be worth the effort when hassled.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    3761183

    Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

    I appreciate your position. However, it’s wrong...But....Sooner or later I will have to fight to keep it/get it back?? What are you talking about! You believe what you want...I’ll stick with United States law. Although my younger brother is one of the top officers in highway patrol where we live....OH! And he’s the departments Firearms Instructor. He has been with me many times while I’m carrying my P80 SC, and he’s seen it, knows about it. Maybe he’s just biding his time before he TAKES it from me!! LOL. (Btw, he is also a combat vet..member of the Corps... Semper Fi Marine)

    The only time a cop could get possession of my firearm LEGALLY, is if I was involved in a self defense situation. In which case, worrying about the gun would be the least of my concerns.

    As I said, read US & State law! Our 2A gives us these rights, and US law is already ROCK SOLID! We have the RIGHT to build our own firearms. That includes carrying!

    This isn’t Commifornia! Pa does not have a “registry” or “roster” that people are lawfully OBLIGATED to follow. The PA registry in question is for law enforcement. Has nothing to do citizens following the law.
    Last edited by DavidH; December 29th, 2019 at 08:30 PM.
    Ask me what Christ has done for me, and I’ll tell you what He can do for you!

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    2,794
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I appreciate your position. However, it’s wrong...But....Sooner or later I will have to fight to keep it/get it back?? What are you talking about! You believe what you want...I’ll stick with United States law. Although my younger brother is one of the top officers in highway patrol where we live....OH! And he’s the departments Firearms Instructor. He has been with me many times while I’m carrying my P80 SC, and he’s seen it, knows about it. Maybe he’s just biding his time before he TAKES it from me!! LOL. (Btw, he is also a combat vet..member of the Corps... Semper Fi Marine)

    The only time a cop could get possession of my firearm LEGALLY, is if I was involved in a self defense situation. In which case, worrying about the gun would be the least of my concerns.

    As I said, read US & State law! Our 2A gives us these rights, and US law is already ROCK SOLID! We have the RIGHT to build our own firearms. That includes carrying!

    This isn’t Commifornia! Pa does not have a “registry” or “roster” that people are lawfully OBLIGATED to follow. The PA registry in question is for law enforcement. Has nothing to do citizens following the law.
    Cool story bro !

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26,884
    Rep Power
    21474876

    Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I appreciate your position. However, it’s wrong...But....Sooner or later I will have to fight to keep it/get it back?? What are you talking about! You believe what you want...I’ll stick with United States law. Although my younger brother is one of the top officers in highway patrol where we live....OH! And he’s the departments Firearms Instructor. He has been with me many times while I’m carrying my P80 SC, and he’s seen it, knows about it. Maybe he’s just biding his time before he TAKES it from me!! LOL. (Btw, he is also a combat vet..member of the Corps... Semper Fi Marine)

    The only time a cop could get possession of my firearm LEGALLY, is if I was involved in a self defense situation. In which case, worrying about the gun would be the least of my concerns.

    As I said, read US & State law! Our 2A gives us these rights, and US law is already ROCK SOLID! We have the RIGHT to build our own firearms. That includes carrying!

    This isn’t Commifornia! Pa does not have a “registry” or “roster” that people are lawfully OBLIGATED to follow. The PA registry in question is for law enforcement. Has nothing to do citizens following the law.

    This is going to sound offensive and argumentative, but it's not meant to be - there's just no better way to "say" it in text...

    You sound delusional with your repeated statements of "fact", saying that the police CAN'T take your gun. I've read enough stories to know that it happens - I listen to the police scanner and I hear them "run numbers" to see if a gun "belongs" to someone they have stopped.

    You absolutely CAN have your gun taken from you even if you've done nothing wrong. The courts will settle it later - you will probably win, but it's just not responsible to tell people that "nothing can happen to them" if they carry a handgun with no numbers on them.

    It's better to acknowledge the reality that a gun with no numbers COULD cause you problems than to dismiss that possibility entirely.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,664
    Rep Power
    21474862

    Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This is going to sound offensive and argumentative, but it's not meant to be - there's just no better way to "say" it in text...

    You sound delusional with your repeated statements of "fact", saying that the police CAN'T take your gun. I've read enough stories to know that it happens - I listen to the police scanner and I hear them "run numbers" to see if a gun "belongs" to someone they have stopped.

    You absolutely CAN have your gun taken from you even if you've done nothing wrong. The courts will settle it later - you will probably win, but it's just not responsible to tell people that "nothing can happen to them" if they carry a handgun with no numbers on them.

    It's better to acknowledge the reality that a gun with no numbers COULD cause you problems than to dismiss that possibility entirely.
    This is true, there's much solid evidence of it happening.

    A typical scenario is this: You're driving along, keeping up with traffic, and you get pulled over because traffic was doing 10 MPH over the limit, and so were you.

    Officer asks you flat out, "do you have any weapons in the car?" Catches you off guard, you say "yes, I'm licensed to carry." He takes the gun into custody "for everyone's safety", and without any probable cause he goes back and runs the serial number (or notices the lack thereof.)

    He decides that you're committing a crime, because (a) he thinks it's illegal to possess a gun without a serial number (he's close, it's illegal to possess a gun which HAD a serial number but had it REMOVED), and/or (b) he thinks that we have gun registration here in PA. He thinks that we have registration because HE'S USED IT MANY TIMES. When he calls in a serial number, make & model, most of the time he gets back the name of the person he took it from, leading him to believe that when it DOESN'T come back that way, there's nefarious mischief afoot and he can keep the gun.

    Yes, you'll probably get the gun back, if he's honest about everything and your lawyer knows the law. Probably cost you $1500+. You might get some or all of that back, if the judge knows the law and doesn't hate gun owners (don't expect this in Philadelphia, they mostly hate you).

    Could this happen? Yep. We know this because it HAS happened.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Free seminar 7/18/19 in Quakertown: https://www.senatormensch.com/concealed-carry-seminar/

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DeepInTheWoods, Pennsylvania
    (Warren County)
    Posts
    2,099
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I appreciate your position. However, it’s wrong...But....Sooner or later I will have to fight to keep it/get it back?? What are you talking about! You believe what you want...I’ll stick with United States law. Although my younger brother is one of the top officers in highway patrol where we live....OH! And he’s the departments Firearms Instructor. He has been with me many times while I’m carrying my P80 SC, and he’s seen it, knows about it. Maybe he’s just biding his time before he TAKES it from me!! LOL. (Btw, he is also a combat vet..member of the Corps... Semper Fi Marine)

    The only time a cop could get possession of my firearm LEGALLY, is if I was involved in a self defense situation. In which case, worrying about the gun would be the least of my concerns.

    As I said, read US & State law! Our 2A gives us these rights, and US law is already ROCK SOLID! We have the RIGHT to build our own firearms. That includes carrying!

    This isn’t Commifornia! Pa does not have a “registry” or “roster” that people are lawfully OBLIGATED to follow. The PA registry in question is for law enforcement. Has nothing to do citizens following the law.
    Hello David

    Your perception of the reality is.... shall i say.. a bit naive?

    Please recall Lon Horuchi and Vicki Weaver?

    Maybe Waco, Tx and Janet Reno ring a bell?

    How about VA legislture turning blue because Bloomburg bought the election and immediately started gun control / confiscation laws?


    News flash. The PSP alredy treat the illegal sales database as a registry.


    And philly will revoke your LTCF if your gun is stolen.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow, Pennsylvania
    (Lackawanna County)
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    14742988

    Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

    Context to the story & my view: way back in 1990, when I came back to PA (intending on "passing thru" to a better job), I met an old friend who was in the PSP. He & I had a falling out (told me I had to get my vehicle plates changed and new registration for vehicles now that I was in PA - that's another story), and came right out about not having guns from "out of state" registered in PA on the bought/sold list. Yes, even back then it was a "thing".

    So yes, for range/house use these "unlisted" weapons are okay, but not best advised for daily carry. Not saying don't, or you can't do it, but go forth with the knowledge it might add extra problems if the LEO interacting with you was like my ex-friend was.

    And yes, this misfit POS "friend" was not long afterward "asked" to leave the PSP. Not because of me, but his own "God syndrome" of lording over anyone who crossed his path. If you use/carry your out of state/homemade pistol, it would be advisable to be sure you have at home (or your lawyers place) complete copies of any documentation proving you bought/own the pistol/parts. If you never need the papers, that's great. If you do need the proof, it's best to already have the packet in one place, ready for your lawyer to present it.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    7,858
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

    My carry advice. Buy two used Glock 23s. When one gets taken for investigation, you'll have a backup when you get home.
    Legislating to prevent people's acts is fantasy

  9. #249
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh-South Hills, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    12037974

    Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

    My 2c is I've had a gun taken during a traffic stop (Indiana County police), the next day I went to the county PD, said "I'm here to claim the 9mm sig that was seized last night", they called PICS, I came back as non prohibited, they gave me the gun back. Took 10 minutes.

    I'd bought the gun 2 states and 3 addresses prior, no PA record that I owned it, and cop at the stop asked "is this registered in PA?"

    Answer being "no, I moved to PA a year ago and brought all of my stuff with me".

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mt. Pleasant
    Posts
    1,808
    Rep Power
    16923580

    Default Re: State police told to treat ‘ghost guns’ parts as firearms

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I appreciate your position. However, it’s wrong...But....Sooner or later I will have to fight to keep it/get it back?? What are you talking about! You believe what you want...I’ll stick with United States law. Although my younger brother is one of the top officers in highway patrol where we live....OH! And he’s the departments Firearms Instructor. He has been with me many times while I’m carrying my P80 SC, and he’s seen it, knows about it. Maybe he’s just biding his time before he TAKES it from me!! LOL. (Btw, he is also a combat vet..member of the Corps... Semper Fi Marine)

    The only time a cop could get possession of my firearm LEGALLY, is if I was involved in a self defense situation. In which case, worrying about the gun would be the least of my concerns.

    As I said, read US & State law! Our 2A gives us these rights, and US law is already ROCK SOLID! We have the RIGHT to build our own firearms. That includes carrying!

    This isn’t Commifornia! Pa does not have a “registry” or “roster” that people are lawfully OBLIGATED to follow. The PA registry in question is for law enforcement. Has nothing to do citizens following the law.
    Well I see you are relatively new here, maybe take some time to read all the stories of philly cops taking guns when there's been no crime. And to think they dont use the record of sale as a registry.... well its happening, and you need to get out more maybe youd see for yourself.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for PA State Police Firearms
    By BonePA in forum Pistols
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2019, 05:40 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: December 18th, 2014, 11:26 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 8th, 2011, 08:05 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 20th, 2009, 02:50 PM
  5. 2008 Firearms Annual Report - PA State Police
    By LakeCity in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2009, 03:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops