Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869

Default Re: Soccer parents wince at prospect of guns at games

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Then I wonder what the rate of upset parents, teams, coaches and refs are (just kids games mind you) in Pa vs. NJ?

Knowing others may be armed; would that make a difference in the number of 'incidents' in each of the states or not?

I bet if the government ran a spot about aggressive driving, "Remember, don't do it, x% of people in Pa have a gun license. The numbers may be much greater for those who do not carry on a license."

I would bet that would affect people. They might get excited, then think before they made a situation worse. There will, of course, be the hard core ones that nothing short of meeting their end would abate their bad habits. And I mean by accident and not a shooting BTW!
    As for the rate, I'm not sure but I would tend to believe it's probably alot worse in NJ. I can only speak for myself but my teams played in very competitive leagues, we practiced 4 days a week, and all my players ended up playing varsity soccer and starting when they reached H.S. I had a boys team and a girls team, ditto for both. I also helped out with the NY/NJ Stallions for a while. We take our sports serious here. "Home of the Little league Champs". So I would tend to believe the more competitive the more tempers will flare.
    As for getting out of Jersey before my brain rots? I say this, if you are married do you like every single thing about your wife, girlfriend, or both?
    Don't like EVERYTHING about Jersey, but there are advantages to being here for me.
    Pa. is absolutely beautiful, I envy your gun laws, your citizens for the most part are much more polite. Maybe someday soon I'll get a little get away in your State. Remember when you make comments I live in the very State that chokes me with my 2nd amendmant rights, so I'm here to learn. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    Chris do you see where I live? New Germany...
    No I didn't see that.
    Bazinga

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Ding!

Legal carriers typically divorce themselves from situations where adults act like morons. Not participate in same.

TS, you need to escape from NJ before it rots your brain
    Pa. Patriot I like you response about legal carriers, very good. NJ's gun rights don't compare with Pa. thus your probably right that our mindset here has a way to go. I do have an escape planned for retirement!

(Montgomery County)

Chris do you see where I live? New Germany. They still could have been carrying for sure, but more than likely there was no gun. I am here because I have a ccw. Trying to see the mindset of the rest of America.
    If you can, and don't mind, would you tell us how you came to be the recipient of the holy grail?

And don't worry we even jump on the old guys now and again too, not just the newbies. Welcome to the forum. I know I've learned alot, I hope and expect you will too.

ETA OK, You're not a new guy - Missed that - My bad.
    Last edited by -JD-; December 15th, 2008 at 11:14 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    Chris do you see where I live? New Germany. They still could have been carrying for sure, but more than likely there was no gun. I am here because I have a ccw. Trying to see the mindset of the rest of America.
    Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    If you can, and don't mind, would you tell us how you came to be the recipient of the holy grail?

And don't worry we even jump on the old guys now and again too, not just the newbies. Welcome to the forum. I know I've learned alot, I hope and expect you will too.

I had always heard it was tough to get one in NJ.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post

I found the Holy Grail during the Monty Python movie where they were fighting the killer rabbit. While they were busy with the rabbit I snuck by and grabbed it. Hope that answers your question. I'm not Holyer than thou, just level headed or at least I think I am. I am having a bit of fun here as well. I feel if you can give it you better be able to take it as well.
    Now to clarify something for the other guy, I don't have a NJ ccw, it's from Florida. NJ ccw impossible to get unless you're loaded, well conected, or ex-LEO. But we are giving it another try with the "Citizen Protection Act" NJ Bill A-1282. Shot in the dark but everybody started somewhere.
    We can disagree back and forth but be very glad for what you guys have there in Pa. I know I'm green with envy. OK now back to our battle...lol

(Venango County)

I found the Holy Grail during the Monty Python movie where they were fighting the killer rabbit. While they were busy with the rabbit I snuck by and grabbed it. Hope that answers your question. I'm not Holyer than thou, just level headed or at least I think I am. I am having a bit of fun here as well. I feel if you can give it you better be able to take it as well.
    Now to clarify something for the other guy, I don't have a NJ ccw, it's from Florida. NJ ccw impossible to get unless you're loaded, well conected, or ex-LEO. But we are giving it another try with the "Citizen Protection Act" NJ Bill A-1282. Shot in the dark but everybody started somewhere.
    We can disagree back and forth but be very glad for what you guys have there in Pa. I know I'm green with envy. OK now back to our battle...lol
    I think JD meant that the holy grail in this case/discussion is the ability to receive a license for gun carry in the PRNJ. I was curious, too. From what we heard, it is hard to get.

We enjoy parley. Sometimes you learn stuff if you're not too stubborn! (So there is little hope for me!)
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Ah gotcha! I thought my lack of wisdom lol. No there is no NJ ccw for me at least not yet. That would truly be a Holy Grail a Jersey ccw! We are hoping NJ bill A-1282 get serious consideration here.
    You guys a very lucky you State understands what the second amendment means. Too many liberals in this damn State. But that's another thread.

(Lehigh County)

I grew up in a gun-less household... violence, conflict, and abuse were a big part of every day. my uncle, on the other hand, raised his kids around guns... and produced two Eagle Scouts.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869