Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Dismantling the NFA *ACTIVE BILL*

Congressman Roger Marshall’s Home Defense and Competitive Shooting Act will be a major step toward shredding the NFA to pieces.

His bill will undo the unconstitutional registration, taxation, and regulation of short-barreled rifles by removing them from the NFA and forcing the ATF to DESTROY all related records.

https://marshall.house.gov/media/pre...e-shooting-act

MARSHALL INTRODUCES HOME DEFENSE AND COMPETITIVE SHOOTING ACT
    December 3, 2019 Press Release
    WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, Congressman Roger Marshall, M.D., introduced in the House, The Home Defense and Competitive Shooting Act, which would streamline bureaucratic regulations, reduce lengthy Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) processing times, and remove unconstitutional finger print requirements and fees for certain rifles.

“Opponents of the Second Amendment want to use bureaucracy and regulations to obstruct citizens attempting to exercise their God-given right to keep and bear arms. The firearms addressed in this bill are commonly used for hunting, personal defense, and competitive shooting," said Dr. Marshall. "Since I came to Congress, I have fought tooth and nail to stop attempts that would strip our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. This bill will eliminate regulations designed not to protect Americans, but to deny them their Constitutional rights.”

Short-barreled rifles have been overregulated by the National Firearms Act since 1934. Under this bill, they would be classified and regulated under the same rules as other semiautomatic rifles.

“The introduction of this bill is yet another landmark towards restoring the constitutionally-recognized right to keep and bear arms without infringement by federal regulations and whimsical rulemaking by anti-gun D.C. bureaucrats," said Aidan Johnston, Director of Federal Affairs for Gun Owners of America."Gun Owners of America urges every member of the House of Representatives to cosponsor this bill.”

“On behalf of the NRA’s five million members, I thank Dr. Marshall for introducing necessary legislation that will restore Constitutional rights to law-abiding Americans to choose which firearms best suit their needs,” said Jason Ouimet, executive director, National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action. “It’s time Congress eliminates costly and unnecessary government regulations on short-barreled rifles, which are used in sport shooting, hunting, and are especially popular with women gun owners for self-defense.“

Also, a related GOA alert to your reps: https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl....?promo_id=7377
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Elk County)

Default Re: Dismantling the NFA *ACTIVE BILL*

Welp, .gov itself will oppose this because it's breaking the BATFE rice bowl. They won't be seeing near as many $200 checks and MOs if this were to come to being.

And he's introducing this in the current political climate?

Not saying it's not a good thing, but it's chances are abysmal.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Beaver County)

They it us with dumb shit all the time. I see no problem hitting back. Has no chance but fire at will.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

Blood will run in the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Welp, .gov itself will oppose this because it's breaking the BATFE rice bowl. They won't be seeing near as many $200 checks and MOs if this were to come to being.

And he's introducing this in the current political climate?

Not saying it's not a good thing, but it's chances are abysmal.

Noah
    You're right, it won't get through the House.

But that's no reason to give up. The Anti-gunners introduce bills that have no chance of passing every day in hopes one will sneak through and destroy our right even further.

We should be as active in this right...actually MORE active, than they are. I say keep fighting. Complacency is a losing strategy.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Philadelphia County)

Guy's a hero just for proposing the bill.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Westmoreland County)

It's a nice idea.... but it won't happen.

Too many people like Bloomberg, Gabby Giffords and the Brady Bunch are out there.

(Montgomery County)

Thank you for contacting me. Your e-mail has been received and will be responded to shortly.

Sincerely,
    Senator Robert P. Casey, Jr.
    I bet he's really thinking it over

(Bucks County)

Once a government has taken away your freedom, or any part of it, it's nearly impossible to get it back. But it's worth a try.

(Bucks County)

I'm sending mine to Soros. I know that stands a better chance than with Casey.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast