Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: Gun Owners of America Fighting Bumpstock Ban

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I contributed substantially specifically to this suit. Sorry, I want my money spent on this extremely important issue.
    As do I

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I contributed substantially specifically to this suit. Sorry, I want my money spent on this extremely important issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    As do I
    +1 Yep. This is not just about the bump stocks as others have said. We must win this battle or the next (D) President will use this as precedent for administratively "redefining" other firearms and other rights away.

We absolutely cannot afford to lose this one, and bump stocks are NOT the point.

Aside: Does anyone know the status of the two executive orders that Trump signed a few weeks back requiring agencies to publish information about their rulemaking processes or potentially invalidating rules that weren't created in accordance with the established procedures (or something like that?) I can't recall the details or the EO numbers, but I thought those were potentially going to be relevant to some of the ATF rules and "opinion letters".
    I am not a lawyer.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I'd rather they aggressively attack red flag laws, and not waste resources on this nonsense issue.
    I get the slippery slope argument, however lets concentrate on laws that will have a real impact, not plastic range toy nonsense. It may satisfy the diehards, but that's about it.
    The bumpstock law has "real" impact. The president and the NotRifleAssociation redefined what a machinegun is and made hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens, criminals overnight. If you really think this is a nonsense issue about plastic toys, you probably have not researched this topic thoroughly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    Get yourself a binary trigger before they're banned. Make use of that 3rd hole without a gimmick stock.
    I've tried several binary triggers and none have delivered the rof of a tuned slidefire with a decent trigger. And as far as buying one before they are banned makes no sense either youd still be a felon like people that kept their bumpstock.

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    It's amazing... You "need" one.
    You will totally forget how much you spent the first time you try it.
    You will spend that much in ammo in a month. LOL.
    Need
    It'll have to wait til springtime when work is abundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    A waste of time and money. Any shooter worth his salt would not even want one of those contraptions. I know they are fighting on principle, but to me their scarce monetary resources could be better used someway else.
    Do you truly understand the implications of the 'ban'? Because they are going to have to ban my blue jeans/rubber bands or my semi-automatic firearm. Which do you think is easier to ban?

Another article on it.

https://thewashingtonstandard.com/gu...appeals-court/

Gun Owners Of America Take Trump Administration To Appeals Court
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Cumberland County)

I as well have donated substantially to two organizations , It's truly sad that on a pro 2a site we repeatedly see. "I wish they would focus on more important things" what infringement at this point is acceptable?

The more "feel good bans" passed push the bolder closer to the edge of the cliff. You sit in the corner and believe that since , "I don't have one" or "I see no need to own" "doesn't impact me."

When have they ever stopped? How many laws are on the books already not being enforced?

Ultimately it's just another law passed to build on the eradication of your rights and every others . When you are ultimately trying to keep your Remington 1100 or Ruger 10-22 don't wonder "how did this happen"

It's been happening slowly for a long time. I believe most of the "true experts" will agree, it's way more than bump stocks and range toys.

If you will not stand united , you are part of the reason it's got to this point.
    Last edited by Qind; December 20th, 2019 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    The goa didn't fold like the nra ,good to see !
    I changed my Amazon Smile donations to GOA.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I'd rather they aggressively attack red flag laws, and not waste resources on this nonsense issue.
    I get the slippery slope argument, however lets concentrate on laws that will have a real impact, not plastic range toy nonsense. It may satisfy the diehards, but that's about it.
    You really don't get it do you?

If they can ban a bump stock, which is an accessory, what other accessories can be banned by UNELECTED bureaucrats?
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast