Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Gun Owners of America Fighting Bumpstock Ban

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I'm addressing resource allocation, and don't see anything more then a feel good ROI by tilting at this particular windmill.
    They have the resources to fight more than one front. Just because they are fighting this doesn't mean that something is suffering somewhere else. It's kind of disgusting that some here think this shouldn't even be a fight.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    They have the resources to fight more than one front. Just because they are fighting this doesn't mean that something is suffering somewhere else. It's kind of disgusting that some here think this shouldn't even be a fight.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JustinHEMI again."
    --ET

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Heh, yeah bump stocks are for the un coordinated. So if I bumpfire a rifle without a BS is my finger an NFA Item?
    Depends on what it smells like.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    That's fine, we just know who we can really count on.

(Bucks County)

Are the lawyers fighting this donating their time, or are all those billable hours being paid for by member dues and donations? Very few have unlimited resources, even fewer among those who survive on membership dues and donations.
    I contribute often, and prefer that the money be spent on more important issues.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Allegheny County)

I'm addressing resource allocation, and don't see anything more then a feel good ROI by tilting at this particular windmill.
    My father would say that you can't see the forest for the trees.

(Northampton County)

I get the slippery slope argument, however lets concentrate on laws that will have a real impact, not plastic range toy nonsense. It may satisfy the diehards, but that's about it.
    It's not about plastic range toys although if all you know about bump stocks are what you see on forums, YouTube and the news you are vastly uneducated. It's not about the plastic toy, it's about government overreach. When unelected bureaucrats make law out of thin air. Laws that can change with the wind. The ATF has essentially changed the definition of machine gun without the input of congress.

Here is the current LEGAL definition of machine gun from 26 U.S. Code 5845.

(b)Machine gun
    The term “machine gun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machine gun, and any combination of parts from which a machine gun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.
    Getting the ATF's redefinition of machine guns slapped down will have a real impact. The government will be on notice that they have to go through the proper channels to make changes to the law. If this stands then any future bureaucrat could essentially say that almost all semi auto rifles 'could' be converted to full auto and therefore must be considered machine guns subject to all the restrictions of the 1934 National Firearms Act. I don't know about you but I have at least 6 firearms that would be redefined as NFA items overnight and I can't afford that. I'm sure there are many here who have way more than that. I do not own nor have I ever owned a bump stock. Personally I think they are silly but to each his own. Who am I to say what toys you should have.

We should be fighting on as many fronts as possible. GOA seems to have taken the lead with the bump stock thing and I applaud them. NRA seems to have abandoned them but are still fighting on other grounds such the red flag nonsense. This should not devolve into NRA bashing. We have many organizations available to us to spread the battles out. NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL and on and on. I don't care who you support, just support at least one of them.

Stuart

Are the lawyers fighting this donating their time, or are all those billable hours being paid for by member dues and donations? Very few have unlimited resources, even fewer among those who survive on membership dues and donations.
    I contribute often, and prefer that the money be spent on more important issues.
    I contributed substantially specifically to this suit. Sorry, I want my money spent on this extremely important issue.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Beaver County)

Here's a idea, vote for people that will make auto fire weapons legal. All it takes is money, lots of money.

I'm thinking of a franklin armory binary trigger for my cz scorpion, 400+ dollars?
    Thats a hard pill to swallow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast