Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Surefire MP5 Forend Stolen (Philadelphia)

Howdy,

Figured I would post this a few places in case it turns up somewhere. I purchased a Surefire 628 a week or so ago, and it appears that it was stolen from my mailbox before I even got it. I have confirmation it was delivered down to the GPS coordinates outside my door from USPS.

It's a little beat up, and has very distinct markings, specifically a "P C" carved into the front of the hand guard (as you can see in the pictures). It has the LED head, and was supposed to come with the original bulb as well.

If anyone happens to come across this in a private sale, PLEASE contact me ASAP. Filing a police report as well, and a report with the postal service.

You guys know how few of these are around for sale, I would love to see the asshole that took it brought to justice too.

Thank you

https://imgur.com/a/SNr6djE

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Surefire MP5 Forend Stolen (Philadelphia)

Philly is probably going to revoke your LTCF because you were the victim of theft involving a firearm.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

P C can be easily changed to a B O

Many years ago police suggested engraving items with social security number. Problem with that was, at the time, SS would not identify whose number when asked.

I engraved my OLN (operator's license number aka driver's license) on a lot of things. That way any officer could look it up.

My Dad had a trick that I also use. Three little dots by a prick punch forming a triangle. Basically unnoticeable but readily seen once alerted to its existence.

Sorry for your loss. Sad thing is, the thief probably trashed it once it became unwrapped. Probably no idea what it is.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Philadelphia County)

Scumbag porch pirate.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    P C can be easily changed to a B O

Many years ago police suggested engraving items with social security number. Problem with that was, at the time, SS would not identify whose number when asked.

I engraved my OLN (operator's license number aka driver's license) on a lot of things. That way any officer could look it up.

My Dad had a trick that I also use. Three little dots by a prick punch forming a triangle. Basically unnoticeable but readily seen once alerted to its existence.

Sorry for your loss. Sad thing is, the thief probably trashed it once it became unwrapped. Probably no idea what it is.
    Yup I was thinking they probably trashed it when they looked at it. Maybe even ripped the flashlight out of it.
    Scumbags.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterwasser View Post
    Howdy,

Figured I would post this a few places in case it turns up somewhere. I purchased a Surefire 628 a week or so ago, and it appears that it was stolen from my mailbox before I even got it. I have confirmation it was delivered down to the GPS coordinates outside my door from USPS.

It's a little beat up, and has very distinct markings, specifically a "P C" carved into the front of the hand guard (as you can see in the pictures). It has the LED head, and was supposed to come with the original bulb as well.

If anyone happens to come across this in a private sale, PLEASE contact me ASAP. Filing a police report as well, and a report with the postal service.

You guys know how few of these are around for sale, I would love to see the asshole that took it brought to justice too.

Thank you

https://imgur.com/a/SNr6djE
    Post this on HKPro.....it is a website for HK fanboys

The bigger problem is if the thief does know what the part is. Since they know what house it was taken from, they know it has guns in it.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Oh shit. You’re right. I never thought of that.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    The bigger problem is if the thief does know what the part is. Since they know what house it was taken from, they know it has guns in it.
    Double edged sword, in my opinion. Yes there are known valuables, but it's also extra risk of getting shot.

(Philadelphia County)

This is my main concern. I figure it's obscure enough (and has no overt gun markings) that most people won't know what it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast