Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oakland Mills, Pennsylvania
    (Juniata County)
    Posts
    3,323
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: State game land range question

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    You can use semi auto rifle, but I dont believe you can use an auto loading pistol
    Without diving *** into the game laws, I don't believe the law separates firearms from long arms for hunting.

    For example, it is perfectly legal, as as far as I know always has been, to hunt a deer with a revolver as long as it meets the minimum caliber.
    Likewise, you could use any SBR for hunting, as long as it was a bolt, pump, or lever gun, all considered "firearms" under PA law, not rifles.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; December 13th, 2019 at 12:58 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

    "I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mt. Pleasant
    Posts
    1,796
    Rep Power
    16796873

    Default Re: State game land range question

    Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Without giving into the game laws, I don't believe the law separates firearms from long arms for hunting.

    For example, it is perfectly legal, as as far as I know always has been, to hunt a deer with a revolver as long as it meets the minimum caliber.
    Likewise, you could use any SBR for hunting, as long as it was a bolt, pump, or lever gun, all considered "firearms" under PA law, not rifles.
    Game laws state "manually operated handguns" so no you cant use an ar pistol to hunt, you can shoot them at the range though. http://read.nxtbook.com/pgc/huntingt...furtaking.html

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oakland Mills, Pennsylvania
    (Juniata County)
    Posts
    3,323
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: State game land range question

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Game laws state "manually operated handguns" so no you cant use an ar pistol to hunt, you can shoot them at the range though. http://read.nxtbook.com/pgc/huntingt...furtaking.html
    Do they define manually operated. Because I've not seen the handgun were I don't have to pull a trigger.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

    "I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oakland Mills, Pennsylvania
    (Juniata County)
    Posts
    3,323
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: State game land range question

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Game laws state "manually operated handguns" so no you cant use an ar pistol to hunt, you can shoot them at the range though. http://read.nxtbook.com/pgc/huntingt...furtaking.html
    I never said you could use a semi-auto pistol. I said, bolt, pump, or lever, which I believe are all considered manually operated.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

    "I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mt. Pleasant
    Posts
    1,796
    Rep Power
    16796873

    Default Re: State game land range question

    Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I never said you could use a semi-auto pistol. I said, bolt, pump, or lever, which I believe are all considered manually operated.
    "For varmints or Coyotes an AR pistol would meet the requirements from what I understand"

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    PIKE COUNTY, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    316
    Rep Power
    3394531

    Default Re: State game land range question

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I dunno, permit or hunting license needed for the range near me.
    He meant a hunting rifle to shoot.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. State game land range question.
    By zoanemesis in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 31st, 2012, 12:00 AM
  2. question about state game land range rules
    By mikey0086 in forum Ranges
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: October 14th, 2009, 02:40 PM
  3. Carry on State Game land range?
    By JonEMTP in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: March 24th, 2009, 08:58 PM
  4. Citation at a State Game Land Range
    By Jimbola in forum Ranges
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: February 5th, 2009, 05:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops