Over a year ago Dec. 4th to be exact. I applied for a Tax Stamp for a .22 cal. suppressor. Paid the dealer to do the application with prints and photos. Paid for the stamp, paid for the suppressor and thought I was in for a seven maybe eight month wait. Over a year and still waiting. I have talked to people on line and in person that applied the same time I did and received their stamps in that 7 to 8 month period. When I talk to the dealer, he states the problem was the govt. shutdown. And maybe that did effect the process. However it is now over a year and others have received theirs. When I applied I was 69, I am now 70. I'm now wondering is it a age thing and the ATF is holding it up thinking I'm to old? I am a very young 70 but maybe they think differently.

So what do I do? I'm told I can write to my Congressman. But not really interested in having the ATF all ticked off at me. The dealer won't do anything. The ATF can keep me waiting for another year or forever if they want. At this point I'm willing to give up if there was a way to get back the $200 & $350 for the suppressor. Am I being paranoid? or am I being reasonable.